Only problem I had yesterday

was the pillocks who were having a pop at Dean Furman. I wasn't sat in my normal seat yesterday cos my dad didn't go. At least when I had a go at them they shut up. "Your just lazy furman" was the straw that broke the camels back.

"Get it forward" was another common shout. - The same fools who slagged off Ronnie moore for "getting it forward". What do they expect? Still wound me up 8/9 hours later!

Overall a decent performance. Kept a class striker under wraps well. The attitude was the most pleasing thing after Monday and last saturday. Before he lined that free kick up I said to my mate "Even if this goes in - I'm pleased they have picked themselves up from monday"

Well done lads. Onwards to Tuesday!

was the pillocks who were having a pop at Dean Furman. I wasn't sat in my normal seat yesterday cos my dad didn't go. At least when I had a go at them they shut up. "Your just lazy furman" was the straw that broke the camels back.

"Get it forward" was another common shout. - The same fools who slagged off Ronnie moore for "getting it forward". What do they expect? Still wound me up 8/9 hours later!

Overall a decent performance. Kept a class striker under wraps well. The attitude was the most pleasing thing after Monday and last saturday. Before he lined that free kick up I said to my mate "Even if this goes in - I'm pleased they have picked themselves up from monday"

It's the same "get it forward" brigade who would then moan when a rushed forward ball goes astray. We have to bide our time and be patient. If that means 30 passes sideways/back until the right opportuniuty presents itself, then so be it. At least we have the ball which means we don't become under pressure and conceed. We don't have the calibre of player to launch it forward 40 yards to a forwards feet, so we should cut our cloth accordingly.

If only the professional football pundits in the crowd could see it.....

In may when I go to the nou camp if Pique / puyol pass to each other I will boo it. "get it forward" will be my shout. I'm not going there to see that tap tap kind of tripe. I want to see it hit into the corner for villa to chase.

The attitude of some of our fans was summed up for me in injury time yesterday. They took a corner and Amos caught it. All of our players were either in our area or within ten yards of it. The chap behind me instantly shouted 'kick it keeper'. Give me strength.

Edited by Latics & England

Also to the idiots who have a go at Dale Stephens, he is destined for higher leagues maybe even in premier league, people slag him off, he is a classy player, idiots used to have a go at Neal Eardley, and look where he went...

Also to the idiots who have a go at Dale Stephens, he is destined for higher leagues maybe even in premier league, people slag him off, he is a classy player, idiots used to have a go at Neal Eardley, and look where he went...

stephens was crap yesterday....

But Stephens has been crap recently he has the potential to player higher yes but if he dosnt put his potential into action then he wont.

It's the same "get it forward" brigade who would then moan when a rushed forward ball goes astray. We have to bide our time and be patient. If that means 30 passes sideways/back until the right opportuniuty presents itself, then so be it. At least we have the ball which means we don't become under pressure and conceed. We don't have the calibre of player to launch it forward 40 yards to a forwards feet, so we should cut our cloth accordingly.

If only the professional football pundits in the crowd could see it.....

Were you sat in the back of the Chaddy? I'm with you on that I can't stand it when people yell "get it forward", one thing I like about the current team is the way that at 1-0 up we keep the ball, "getting it forward" which some people really want us to do is where it all went wrong for Ronnie Moore, but some people I hear at games are truely out of touch with the modern game

Edited by Tommy_Fent

But Stephens has been crap recently he has the potential to player higher yes but if he dosnt put his potential into action then he wont.

Once he gets back to realising that a 5 yard ball is often a better option than a 40 yard ping, he'll be fine again.

Must be those Gerrard genes in him.

Played a great pass yesterday to set a chance up. Some plank praised Furman for it. Can't even get praise when it is warranted from some!

Once he gets back to realising that a 5 yard ball is often a better option than a 40 yard ping, he'll be fine again.

Must be those Gerrard genes in him.

Played a great pass yesterday to set a chance up. Some plank praised Furman for it. Can't even get praise when it is warranted from some!

Dale started the season brilliantly, but has IMO lost his way as the season's gone on.

His strength was IMO that he could get his foot on the ball, look nice & composed, shield it from the opposition, then play a simple pass to set a move going / keep a move going............he now seems to think that to make an impression, he has to hit a Hollywood 50 yard pass every time.

He looked off the pace yesterday, almost lazy in possession if you will, and he consistently miss-placed passes, both short & long. As Ive posted elsewhere, his corners were dire too. He did stick the penalty away very well to give him his due.

He made a rod for his own back with his early season displays - they should have the standard that he aspired to reach in every game, instead they look to have been part of a 'purple patch' if you will, one that's he's massively struggling to hit again.

Dale started the season brilliantly, but has IMO lost his way as the season's gone on.

His strength was IMO that he could get his foot on the ball, look nice & composed, shield it from the opposition, then play a simple pass to set a move going / keep a move going............he now seems to think that to make an impression, he has to hit a Hollywood 50 yard pass every time.

He looked off the pace yesterday, almost lazy in possession if you will, and he consistently miss-placed passes, both short & long. As Ive posted elsewhere, his corners were dire too. He did stick the penalty away very well to give him his due.

He made a rod for his own back with his early season displays - they should have the standard that he aspired to reach in every game, instead they look to have been part of a 'purple patch' if you will, one that's he's massively struggling to hit again.

Very well put, agree completely. I'd say rest him but an out of form Stephens is a better option than our reserves. If Jones is fit maybe give him a go? Saying that he was poor at Accrington- needs more than 1 chance and all that.

Edited by Butter

phew.its not just me then,lol

have to agree we all know the potential is there,but lately he hasnt lived up to it,i too thought yesterday he was lazy,didnt want to go looking for the ball and like said misplaced far too many times...at least taylors started running at defenders again...

... he could get his foot on the ball, look nice & composed, shield it from the opposition, then play a simple pass to set a move going / keep a move going....

I agree with your summary of Stephens.

Nearly every Swindon player was able to do what you said he could do earlier in the season.

Stephens was off the pace against Swindon and that was the main reason for Swindon dominating the midfield in the second half - generally when Stephens and Furman are on form we boss teams - however I have to say that when he plays well he does look capable of going much further up the league ladder (as do Furman, Taylor, Tounkara, Morais, White, Lee, Trotman, Evina, MVoto and Amos)...

is that eleven players? How about this for a mid-table championship side?

Amos

Lee, Trotman, MVoto, Evina

White, Furman, Stephens, Taylor

Morais & Tounkara

:wink:

While Stephens may not be hitting the standards set earlier in the season in general play, I am for once happy with our central midfield and I think we would be stupid to break it up. Stephens off form IMO will bring a lot more to the team than anyone we have in reserve and he still does a lot of good in the games if you dont just look for the negatives.

While Stephens may not be hitting the standards set earlier in the season in general play, I am for once happy with our central midfield and I think we would be stupid to break it up. Stephens off form IMO will bring a lot more to the team than anyone we have in reserve and he still does a lot of good in the games if you dont just look for the negatives.

But that only shows that, bar Furman and Stephens, we have no other decent centre Midfielders. Jones has gone off the boil, Jarrett seems to be on his way out, then who else do we have?

how can jones go off the boil if he never plays. cant be happy, signs for a new club after being convinced to take a pay cut, plays a few games out of position then gets dropped!!

His performance in central midfield at Accrington, albeit for only a short period of time, was poor.