Time to consolidate the positiveness

If they do give us the green light, it dosnt exactly mean that it will go ahead fully will it ?

Look at the " Oldham Arena " and how much trouble us fans went through for it to be f**ked off !

i wont be excitied until im walking down to failsworth for our first game at the new stadium.

If they do give us the green light, it dosnt exactly mean that it will go ahead fully will it ?

Look at the " Oldham Arena " and how much trouble us fans went through for it to be f**ked off !

i wont be excitied until im walking down to failsworth for our first game at the new stadium.

It may be closer to reality than we think :wink:

Edited by oafcprozac

YES to Failsworth and to progress

NO to the backwards thinking fans living in the past

Why are they backward thinking, just because they have a different view?

Maybe they're justified in worrying that fans might not want to travel to Failsworth.

Maybe they're justified in worrying that a club 2 miles away are offering Premier and European football for the same price.

Maybe they're justified in worrying that self sustainment would mean a much reduced playing budget.

Maybe they're justified in worrying that traffic will be horrendous, and the tram won't stop right outside.

Maybe they're wrong. Or maybe they're spot on with their predictions. Who knows?

They're hardly backward thinking though.

NO to blindly acccepting that moving the club is the only answer

YES to redeveloping Boundary Park like we were promised

We need to move forward, starting with the product on the pitch. I am hoping that the recent transfer activity under the guidance of Paul Dickov will put us in with a real shout of promotion, but I don't think that the crowds will increase to the levels we need to become self sustaining until we are back in the Championship.

Give people what they want to see (a successful and attacking football team) and the crowds will come back. Redevelop Boundary Park and secure the future of the football club without trashing our prized asset which is the location of the ground (clearly not the ground itself)

We need to move forward, starting with the product on the pitch. I am hoping that the recent transfer activity under the guidance of Paul Dickov will put us in with a real shout of promotion, but I don't think that the crowds will increase to the levels we need to become self sustaining until we are back in the Championship.

Give people what they want to see (a successful and attacking football team) and the crowds will come back. Redevelop Boundary Park and secure the future of the football club without trashing our prized asset which is the location of the ground (clearly not the ground itself)

havnt we already sold the land ?

havnt we already sold the land ?

If I won the lottery, no. Any deal would be renaged upon by me immediately. I believe that land was bought in Failsworth before the Public Consultations and it seems clear to me that the land at BP is worth more per square metre than the land in Failsworth.

I know that they've got more money than us at the moment, but look at Blackpool. Do you think that they'd be where they are now if they'd have sold Bloomfield Road to the Pleasure Beach and moved to Sellafield?

Redeveloping an existing ground can be done. It can be made to work and it can be successful - providing the product on the pitch is good enough.

If I won the lottery, no. Any deal would be renaged upon by me immediately. I believe that land was bought in Failsworth before the Public Consultations and it seems clear to me that the land at BP is worth more per square metre than the land in Failsworth.

I know that they've got more money than us at the moment, but look at Blackpool. Do you think that they'd be where they are now if they'd have sold Bloomfield Road to the Pleasure Beach and moved to Sellafield?

Redeveloping an existing ground can be done. It can be made to work and it can be successful - providing the product on the pitch is good enough.

more chance of arabs buying us and making us richer than man city :grin:

Not enough for Spurs though it seems, who want to move to the new Olympic stadium.

I used to think that was the case Rick, but it clearly is not. This season's football has been the best on the whole we've seen in the last 15 years and more. Vibrant, fast-paced attacking football, quick passing and players of genuine quality. But are the fans coming back? Not a jot, in fact we're getting even worse crowds than when Penney was here, which highlights all those fans who used Penney as a reason for not coming as nothing but liars and hypocrites.

It's pure and simply a combination of stagnation at this level for so long, and a decrepid stadium which even had the Lookers still been up, wouldn't add anything of value to the whole (I'm loathe to say it...) "Match Experience". It's now one of the worst stadiums in the country for facilities and state of disrepair.

I don't think everyone has blindly accepted our move to Failsworth, plenty of questions have been asked, on here and at the public meetings. It's absolutely clear why we have to move: There is no money to develop BP and isn't anywhere else in the borough suitable for the stadium we want to build.

That's precisely it though mate. Blackpool have the money bankrolled by someone pretty affluent and willing to do so.

Where is the money coming from then Rick to redevelope boundary park if you say it can be done? Where is the money going to come from to fund this attacking football team that will bring the crowds flocking back?

In 2007, the land at Boundary Park was worth a hell of alot more than what it is now. I think Simon Corney mentioned at one of the meetings that since the arse fell out of the property market, they have had offers of 500k an acre, and I am sure that that is on the presumption that there wont be a football stadium on the land. Put a football stadium there and the land drops further.

And we have a successful attacking football team at the moment, yet we still can't get 4000 a week????

And to clarify earlier, when I said backwards thinking fans, I was talking about the ones who blindly refuse to accept a move to failsworth, the ones who pull the failsworth is in manchester crap (which it isnt as the football league would not let us move there if it was), the ones who would if given the choice, prefer to see the club wither and die a slow death at Boundary Park rather than enjoy sustainable success at Failsworth.

That's precisely it though mate. Blackpool have the money bankrolled by someone pretty affluent and willing to do so.

Jamie, it tooke them YEARS and YEARS, there might have been a Sugar Daddy keeping the ship floating in the background, but I am not convinced he did an Abramohivc and simply invested untold millions into the pot.