How many Latics fans pay council tax to OMBC?

How many of you would be prepared to withold payment? Great way of getting our plight publicised, the council is already struggling financially - why should we contribute further to their incompetence?

You will be surprised at how quickly you will find yourself in court... Its not worth the hassel...

How many of you would be prepared to withold payment? Great way of getting our plight publicised, the council is already struggling financially - why should we contribute further to their incompetence?

You will be surprised at how quickly you will find yourself in court... Its not worth the hassel...

If enough people do it it'll cost them a fortune to take it to court…given the amount that already don't pay it in this scummy town... :tongue1:

Edited by oafcprozac

If enough people do it it'll cost them a fortune to take it to court…given the amount that already don't pay it in this scummy town... :tongue1:

when i was last out of work i didnt pay my council tax because i was waiting for benefits to kick in..miss one month you get a reminder,miss 2 you get a summons.....then you get costs added regardless....and yes they would take each and everyone to court because they would win.....being an oldham fan is not a service the council provides....everything else they do...

i was born in the shadows of boundry park....lived here until 1987 when i moved in with my ex wife in middleton...loved there until 2001 and then moved back....and have to say i prefer middleton....oldham is dead and buried....the council have destoyed our town...our once proud market is now a shamefull excuse of what it used to be...fine if you want to buy asian music...asian linenes..and the like..but sadly i dont....and many others dont either....

if i want to watch a film i have to go to either bury,belle vue or rochdale....if i want to play ten pin bowling i have to go out of town.....it just isnt right....

i used to say i came from oldham with pride..but not anymore....

a formal protest of some kind is needed....everybody needs to write a letter of complaint to the head of the council...and get there family and friends to do so as well....everybody needs to write a letter of complaint to central government about our council and get this into the media eye to highlight or plight.....we need to come together and get this sorted....

when i was last out of work i didnt pay my council tax because i was waiting for benefits to kick in..miss one month you get a reminder,miss 2 you get a summons.....then you get costs added regardless....and yes they would take each and everyone to court because they would win.....being an oldham fan is not a service the council provides....everything else they do...

i was born in the shadows of boundry park....lived here until 1987 when i moved in with my ex wife in middleton...loved there until 2001 and then moved back....and have to say i prefer middleton....oldham is dead and buried....the council have destoyed our town...our once proud market is now a shamefull excuse of what it used to be...fine if you want to buy asian music...asian linenes..and the like..but sadly i dont....and many others dont either....

if i want to watch a film i have to go to either bury,belle vue or rochdale....if i want to play ten pin bowling i have to go out of town.....it just isnt right....

i used to say i came from oldham with pride..but not anymore....

a formal protest of some kind is needed....everybody needs to write a letter of complaint to the head of the council...and get there family and friends to do so as well....everybody needs to write a letter of complaint to central government about our council and get this into the media eye to highlight or plight.....we need to come together and get this sorted....

Good post and so, so true

Guest Scratch2000uk
Could we not sue them for misappropriation of public funds? ie this, and the Miller case?

As far as i know the corporate body can be sued for negligence and mismanagement of funds. :)

i stopped reading there

This came to me last night and I missed this thread. I really think that if organised right, if a thousand of us cancelled our council tax, it would cause chaos and really could be our weapon we could use. If organised right, we could really stick it right up OMBC - the cost alone of a thousand letters, a thousand court summons, it could really work - it could bring the whole administration to its knees if we did it right.

Could the trust front this?

Could we not sue them for misappropriation of public funds? ie this, and the Miller case?

But being as we supply them with their money we'd be sueing ourselves! There is of course a grown up civilised way of taking action in a democracy, it's called voting. How many people do that at election time?