CARLISLE- THE REAL TEST OF SUPPORT

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to think its encouraging ppl not bullying, gettin em by the scruff o the neck n marchin em down their is bullyin where im from...i merely think he is callin ppls bluff....they/you/me want the club to be deemed as makin n effort......so lets prove it. if hes spoke to fans n they ave said they wont pay 20 brick.....then all he is saying is look wat we ave done, now its your turn to prove it, money where your mouth is chaps......we ave supported some :censored:e in the past, n right now its smile time, ppl need to stop bein so sensitive, i wouldnt mind Barrys job, id be feckin scrappin every week,

I like the cut of this man jib.. :applause1: . :wink:

can't be arsed reading 12 pages :blink:

When i saw 13 pages i thought it might be a possibility it was thread of positivity about the carlisle offer but no there has to be about 10 pages of nonsense as usual, yes Barry might not put he point accross in the best way, but its not about him, its about getting people into BP.

its great to see the club trying to boost attendances and is good to see a few local businesses helping out to subsidise any loss. While i'm no idealist i dont think its really the time to nitpick about any cons the offer may have, if i were the owner of a stuggling club, introduced this offer and visited this site to gauge the reaction this thread would make me think, whats the point!!

What an abdsolute reminder this thread is ,of why i stopped going on the old message board a few years ago , and wow have some things remained the same , namely :

Barry is still being the policeman , lecturing people on right from wrong with zero people skills, with his vice like grip on the leadership of the trust costing the said trust tens of thusands of pounds in revenue cos basically people wont get involved whislt he is in charge ( lets hope this changes real soon !!)

oafc000 is still pishing everyone off ( even though he,s prob a decent bloke in person)

We still have many "keyboard warriors" ready to trade personal insults ( which the vast majority wouldnt have the b@lls to say to peoples faces) and in which Latics lee seems to kop for quite a few of them ( in Lee,s case i know him to be a decent lad with an opinion which is fine by me!!)

And finally thank god we still have some decent people who make valid points with well reasoned arguments though some of them get lost in the constant bickering and multi direction pulling.

This isnt any old message board.............................

also nice to see in another thread you posting dont see the point in playershare..

Sorry but I don't... Getting fans to cover stupidly over priced players is nothing more than putting a none water proof plaster on a severed arm and then jumping in the swimming pool...

but if people can see more sense in it then good luck to them...

Edited by oafc0000

Sorry but I don't... Getting fans to cover stupidly over priced players is nothing more than putting a none water proof plaster on a severed arm and then jumping in the swimming pool...

but if people can see more sense in it then good luck to them...

yeh , that free signing Evina was stupidly overpriced :blink:

I believe the idea of Play Share is to cover player wages... but I think you know that...

But this is the second time its been used , its hardly fair to say its used on "overpriced" players is it?

If we had blown it on X amount of players I could understand your point ,

but we havent, Dikaba looked smart but got injured and Evina looks a real hot prospect

But this is the second time its been used , its hardly fair to say its used on "overpriced" players is it?

If we had blown it on X amount of players I could understand your point ,

but we havent, Dikaba looked smart but got injured and Evina looks a real hot prospect

"Over priced" is in relation to how much players value their services at... If they where not over priced then their salaries would be covered by the admission price.

You might think these bags of air kickers deserve the level of income they get (generally speaking)... I don't...

Edited by oafc0000

yeh , that free signing Evina was stupidly overpriced :blink:

Whooooosh.....

It's easy to say "look at what Playershare did, it got Evina".

I'd be interested to know what amount of money fans have put in for Evina. £10k? More? £10,000. 1,000,000 pennies.

This is for a player, who, if he scores the winning goal at Old Trafford to send us up we'll think is a hero. If he moves on in the Summer, and we're in League One looking for a new ground and have had to let him go, we'll say "£10,000 wasted, could have kept that in the bank account of a future Trust."

I don't disagree in principle but the way the money is used is silly. That £10k (or however much) could have been used to fund tickets for the local community. That way, the club would have had increased revenue (and therefore still been able to sign Evina) and if one of those people came back next season, we would have had a higher return than merely funding someones wages.

Just because the scheme bought a player you like doesn't make it a good scheme.

Back to topic.

Edited by latic12345

"Over priced" is in relation to how much players value their services at... If they where not over priced then their salaries would be covered by the admission price.

You might think these bags of air kickers deserve the level of income they get (generally speaking)... I don't...

but to get out of this league we need to pay for the likes of Evina , we aint going to do it paying pittance to a young left back

but to get out of this league we need to pay for the likes of Evina , we aint going to do it paying pittance to a young left back

And here is the whole problem... We "have" to give into these huge wage demands from the players (generally speaking) so we can get promted. Meanwhile, we make a loss and the death of the club looms...

We go up.. Do we balance the books ? Doubtful, we throw more money at staying up or going up again, paying over the top wages and the cycle continues... Then you get a knock on the door from the tax man...

Maybe you can at least appreciate now why I think its throwing good money after bad... You don't have to agree but that is where I am at the moment...

We have to stop paying more money to players than we bring in... This isn't just Latics, its the whole of the rotten game of football.

Whooooosh.....

It's easy to say "look at what Playershare did, it got Evina".

I'd be interested to know what amount of money fans have put in for Evina. £10k? More? £10,000. 1,000,000 pennies.

This is for a player, who, if he scores the winning goal at Old Trafford to send us up we'll think is a hero. If he moves on in the Summer, and we're in League One looking for a new ground and have had to let him go, we'll say "£10,000 wasted, could have kept that in the bank account of a future Trust."

I don't disagree in principle but the way the money is used is silly. That £10k (or however much) could have been used to fund tickets for the local community. That way, the club would have had increased revenue (and therefore still been able to sign Evina) and if one of those people came back next season, we would have had a higher return than merely funding someones wages.

Just because the scheme bought a player you like doesn't make it a good scheme.

Back to topic.

The money is only raised via contributing fans desire to see players on the pitch. You either use it that way or you don't have it. There wouldn't be any interest in contributing to a local community fund, but if I'm wrong then let's start one.

It's a scheme apparently fulfilling its goal with no negative impact whatsoever, which makes it a good scheme.

The money is only raised via contributing fans desire to see players on the pitch. You either use it that way or you don't have it. There wouldn't be any interest in contributing to a local community fund, but if I'm wrong then let's start one.

It's a scheme apparently fulfilling its goal with no negative impact whatsoever, which makes it a good scheme.

Exactly.

If you don't agree with the financial concept of PlayerShare, then don't contribute - but please don't undermine the effort. Personally I think it serves two purposes and encourage others to join:

1) It gives the football club something extra - while Evina may be the player we officially fund, it could be that it's Reid or Morais. I'd rather have all three on the books than just two.

2) It gives me the opportunity to do something proactively.

If it had been a scheme to "give free tickets to the poor and needy" I wouldn't have contributed. If it had been a "build a new Lookers stand" fund I wouldn't have contributed as I don't believe the fan base or club ownership is motivated enough to deliver this.

It's a good scheme. So please support it.

(Did I mention you could support PlayerShare by doing some online shopping. Just click here to go to the PlayerShare Online Shop, find your retailer and shop as you normally would online from there. It costs you what it would always cost you but PlayerShare earns a kick back commission for your efforts. Marks and Spencer, Thorntons, Asda, Virgin Media, various mobile phone companies, holiday companies etc. If you have to book a hotel for work the hotels.com via the site will earn 6% of the cost for PlayerShare. It doesn't just have to be Latics fans who use it. Get your friends and family to do their online shopping this way too!).

Edited by opinions4u