First of all although I post on here fairly frequently, apart from the odd one or two I am not known as I prefer to keep a low profile.

The reason for this posting is to advertise the fact that (with the Clubs consent and independently of Barry and others with whom you appear to have an axe to grind) I am shortly hoping to be able to sell a pin badge based on the Latics logo and with the words "PLAYER SHARE"

Obviously proceeds to go to the playershare fund

For some reason although you claim to have the Latics best interest at heart you refuse to or are unable to to go to BP

May I suggest that you as a sign of your genuine commitment to the cause purchase one of these badges when available

Cost to be confirmed but with a suggested minimum donation of £2.50

Edited by another fan

I would but he makes enough money to buy his own, and makes more money than I will for the next 7 or so years.

However, I wonder how much a man who has over 11,000 posts has made for the club? So what if he doesn't go to games, although a month into the season he'd gone to as many games as my Dad, lots of people on here don't go to that many games, most of them are exiles.

I don't see the point in Player Share... So no... If the club ever became a co-operative then I could...

But good look to all those people who are behind it.

Anyone who dosen't think I contribute anything in the terms of money to the club are so way of the mark its untrue. Bought a chaddy the owl toy not long ago for a family member :)

Edited by oafc0000

I'll buy one but will I have to wear it? Cos to be honest if it ends up looking like the image in my head it might look a bit toss! No offence.....

How about livestrong style wristbands again? They flew off the shelf last time. Could have playershare on that?

I was accused last night of trying to be the centre of attention... I hope a certain club director now realises that I can only be the centre of attention if other people want me to be the centre of attention. I don't... I just want to post my opinion.

Can the mods close this and the OP can create a proper thread advertising his badges.

I'm not going to close it. But I do 100% agree with you.

It's one of the most pathetic threads I've seen. A call to arms to support the club whilst simultaneously mocking someone who is a potential supporter.

It's impressive in so many wrong ways.

... I just want to post my opinion.

What??? On a web forum? How dare you!

Do you think these sites were set up just so people could come along and display their views to the world?

Christ man! What do you think would happen if you made a factual error? Or worse still, had your posts taken out of context, making you appear condescending or smug? Get a bloody grip, and toe the line!

Actually, stop worrying and carry on, fella! Some of us enjoy watching a debate heat up, and can decide for ourselves which party is spouting the most bollocks (Sometimes you, sometimes others). It's part of what we log on for.

he's not showing much potential though is he?

My original posting was intended to promote (now there is a nice word :grin:) the fact that these badges will soon be available

Full credit to oaf000 that he was not too offended unlike one of the moderators

He is honest enough to admit that he does not go to matches., something that winds me up at times but many of his posts have made me smile at times.

Someone else needs to "chill out" and I do not mean zeros,

He is honest enough to admit that he does not go to matches., something that winds me up at times

Yet others on here don't go... Aren't honest with it or keep it quiet... Just have a look at match day live chat.

I try to be honest about why I don't go... Would be easy just to sulk off and turn my back on the club. I don't want to do that though. I would rather discuss what led to me stop going after 21 years consistant attendance and push for change at the club AND in wider football.

Each to there own... but the suppression of ideas, opinion and questions is NEVER a positive thing. Specially when it is coming from up high.

I'm not offended by the thread.

Lets have some of that transparency people bang on about:

1. I find Zero's posts annoying about 70% of the time. I've had my run-ins with him in the past, but I've got on with life and so has he. I take nothing he does personally and I hope he is the same. I am not defending him - I have left the topic open despite his request that it was closed.

2. I'm not offended by this posting. Your way of selling badges if :censored:ing stupid, but that's your choice - personally I'd have started a thread about them and not another member. I'd have put a picture and a link to where they can be bought online. I'd have given an ETA of when they will be available. I'd have given a price. I'd have engaged the club and Playershare to do all the above at the same time as myself.

What you're doing is a fantastic gesture. I don't see why you had to present it in such a bad way.

3. I have massive issues with the way Barry has addressed Zero's in a thread where dozens of people are arguing about a host of things. It's inappropriate.

I take nothing he does personally and I hope he is the same.

I argue with you today and agree with you tomorrow... Its all opinions etc... Another thread and everything resets, you have to move on and agree to disagree... Otherwise you stop seeing the point and just seeing the person which is unhealthy for debate.