Despite everything - I can't wait for tomorrow

2/3000 away following

always good noise in that stand

6th v 3rd

local derby/roses clash

2 attacking, footballing sides

getting over there in plenty of time to sink the belgrano

pie and peas in the Gas Club

I want us to stay in Oldham as much as anyone but give me a seat or a terrace and a few hundred/thousand fellow 'tics and I'm happy - wherever it may be

Always love this fixture. Just watched the build up on The Football League Show and now can't wait! My son tries to get his mates to come but they are all Leeds fans (naturally as that's where we live!), but one or two come when they can. Hope to bring a car full on Tuesday. Hope the fans are up for it tomorrow and not just the section next to the home fans. Would be magnificent if even for one song the whole away end stood and joined in.

2/3000 away following

always good noise in that stand

6th v 3rd

local derby/roses clash

2 attacking, footballing sides

getting over there in plenty of time to sink the belgrano

pie and peas in the Gas Club

I want us to stay in Oldham as much as anyone but give me a seat or a terrace and a few hundred/thousand fellow 'tics and I'm happy - wherever it may be

Cant wait myself. Lets make it like Wembley! Could be Glossop North End instead next year :disappointed:

Always love this fixture. Just watched the build up on The Football League Show and now can't wait! My son tries to get his mates to come but they are all Leeds fans (naturally as that's where we live!), but one or two come when they can. Hope to bring a car full on Tuesday. Hope the fans are up for it tomorrow and not just the section next to the home fans. Would be magnificent if even for one song the whole away end stood and joined in.

Hope everyone going has a fabulous day out. Put the upsets of the week to oneside and get behind the boys as I know everyone does.

I know the manager and players are really up for it. Lets hope we are discussing a victory after tea tommorow.

Barry

You lucky buggers have got the South Stand which is by far the loudest, so we'll probably be out sung yet again! When will we stop giving the away team a massive advantage in that way? It should be our home end but the cops keep blocking attempts to make it happen. Mind boggling!

That said, I'm really looking forward to this one too. Unfortunately I've got to work from 10am until 2pm in Leeds so I'll be catching the train across and probably won't get there until pissed up folk from Oldham and Hudders are having at go at each other on Leeds Road - Lovely! - Hope it doesn't get too silly! Since I was old enough to drink I've never watched Town totally sober so I'll have to take a drink or two on the train myself. Hmmm...over priced Stella or such like!

As for the match - If I'm honest I've no idea how it will unfold. Expectation is sky high on both sides and no mistake. When I think of Oldham Athletic I always think - tough game! Even when we've beaten you it seems there's been an air of luck about it. On the other hand you've given us some sound beatings. I seem to remember a 0-3 victory a few years back when we were absolutely battered. So regardless of our respective League positions it's always a battle and a feisty affair. If we play as we capable of we'll blow you away by fast attacking, passing football full of tempo, intelligent movement, and passion. If we allow you too much space and time on the ball, you push out and defend high, compress play and catch us on the break, you'll could be on to something. Bottom line is, I'll depend on who wants it most. If you go one or even two goals ahead don't go thinking it's over and done with, we keep going until the end. There's a lot of 'ifs' in there I know but I'm looking for a massively intensive display from us today and 'if' we do that, I think we'll win.

Safe journey over'top!

Regards

AceT

My hopes and best wishes go out to the team today although all this behind the scenes stuff must be affecting them like it is the fans, The only hope and ray of light is getting into the championship and with this side and manager anything is possible.

Like everybody else I feel sick to my stomach that the football team i've grown up on will no longer be around, it is unthinkable and totally unacceptable in life, OLDHAM ATHLETIC MUST NEVER DIE!!!!

My hopes and best wishes go out to the team today although all this behind the scenes stuff must be affecting them like it is the fans, The only hope and ray of light is getting into the championship and with this side and manager anything is possible.

Like everybody else I feel sick to my stomach that the football team i've grown up on will no longer be around, it is unthinkable and totally unacceptable in life, OLDHAM ATHLETIC MUST NEVER DIE!!!!

It really would be a sad day if a fine old club such as Oldham Athletic were to disintegrate. After we had the nightmare of administration and near liquidation at Huddersfield Town I can totally understand and sympathise with how you must all be feeling. All rivalry aside, I'm sure I speak for the absolute majority of Huddersfield Town fans in wishing you all the best in your quest for survival :D

It really would be a sad day if a fine old club such as Oldham Athletic were to disintegrate. After we had the nightmare of administration and near liquidation at Huddersfield Town I can totally understand and sympathise with how you must all be feeling. All rivalry aside, I'm sure I speak for the absolute majority of Huddersfield Town fans in wishing you all the best in your quest for survival :D

:shock: you a true yawkshireman...?? :grin:

to all latics..have a great day...3 points will be a huge tonic after whats gone on this week... :wink: