• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've read this right, it's:

Saffers v NZ (in SL)

India v Aus (Bang)

Eng v SL (Ind)

WI v Pak (Bang)

India/Aus v Pak/WI (SL) - Yes, India v Pakistan...

Eng/SL v SA/NZ (Ind)

Final (Ind)

So no home games for anyone up until the final if India make it. This could make for some interesting crowds.

Yardy goes home with depression.

Horrible illness. But I did giggle at Boycott's sensitive summary:

"I'm sorry, [Yardy] is not good enough at this level. For me, he was always going to be a liability or a poor choice at international level out here."

Call me insesitive here but isnt that just homesickness for Yardy ?

tehee, seeing Graeme Smith with egg on his face has made my day

As we can win the World Cup and they can't, that makes us in the top 5 in the World by my reckoning. Better than Australia and South Africa.

South Africa are the biggest bottlers there are. Played five, lost five in knockouts - and some have been remarkable.

As we can win the World Cup and they can't, that makes us in the top 5 in the World by my reckoning. Better than Australia and South Africa.

South Africa are the biggest bottlers there are. Played five, lost five in knockouts - and some have been remarkable.

Well they would have probably beaten us in 92 if the rain delay had been factored in appropriately.

I take it you aren't counting the time in 2003 when they needed to beat someone to go through and it came down to D/L and needing 1 off what was going to be the last ball to win they blocked it, stayed still, and went out. If we get through I fancy us to beat the Kiwis- however, SL is the harder game on paper and I don't think we will beat them.

Well they would have probably beaten us in 92 if the rain delay had been factored in appropriately.

I take it you aren't counting the time in 2003 when they needed to beat someone to go through and it came down to D/L and needing 1 off what was going to be the last ball to win they blocked it, stayed still, and went out. If we get through I fancy us to beat the Kiwis- however, SL is the harder game on paper and I don't think we will beat them.

The SA v SL game I've missed out as it was a league game, but it was up there with the Windies running off the pitch against England last time over there for DL cockups.

Decent score against Sri Lanka there, few runs short IMO - but it always was going to be about their batting this game.

{Please be capitulate, please be capitulate...}

Anybody got a miracle handy?

Phew. A game that wasn't close at last.

Congrats to SL, completely outclassed us.

On the England front. Pick a wicketkeeper who is a wicketkeeper rather than some average run scorer at county level/bloke who can wave his hand at a ball. Not going to lay it on Prior, as he isn't to blame - but it does annoy me. If we had a Sangakarra or similar then fair enough. We don't. So pick Foster.

Come on New Zealand, for some reason.