Latics want M'Voto back

The rarely-wrong Chron has a headline of "Latics want M'Voto back" today. If true, and possible, he's exactly what we need - was the stand-out performer in defence in the early part of the season in my opinion.

totally agree , the defence has been :censored:e since !

hope this is true

The rarely-wrong Chron has a headline of "Latics want M'Voto back" today. If true, and possible, he's exactly what we need - was the stand-out performer in defence in the early part of the season in my opinion.

Say what you like about The Chron, but they've easily dragged out Monday's forum to a full week of articles. Hats off.

Dickov was talking about it on latics player so it is true.

Send Trotman back, he's been pretty average imo and shown little to suggest he has progressed since he left us, little over three years ago. What is stark about Trotters is that the injuries seem to have taken their toll on him and he rarely wins a header cleanly in either box - his salmon like ability to leap has all but disappeared. Sad to see but he has been a pale shadow of the player we sold and a disappointment...

Send Trotman back, he's been pretty average imo and shown little to suggest he has progressed since he left us, little over three years ago. What is stark about Trotters is that the injuries seem to have taken their toll on him and he rarely wins a header cleanly in either box - his salmon like ability to leap has all but disappeared. Sad to see but he has been a pale shadow of the player we sold and a disappointment...

Nothing personal against the lad...

I think Trotman and M'voto would be awesome , no slate on Rubes

I'm not Rubes biggest fan, but we've missed him badly - Trotman has been slow and cumbersome and Todd was only ever going to be a stop gap ( a poor man's Gregan without the vocality and aggression)

Todd is one of my only gripes with Dickov , hes been :censored:e a young lad with legs would have been better

Tarkowski would have been more mobile, but Trotman is still relatively young and we don't want to ruin the kid before he even starts…but if Rubes is fit get him back in...

Edited by oafcprozac

Tarkowski would have been more mobile, but Trotman is still relatively young and we don't want to ruin the kid before he even starts…but if Rubes is fit get him back in...

From what you and the other regualrs say, Rubes has not been great this season. But now a abit of a clamour to get him back, obviosuly, given our results.

Is Rubes one of those we should be getting a better than him, or does more than realised and it's only when he is not there you realise he is more important than first realised.

Not in any way having a go at the opinion, (no idea if you ever called for him to be dropped for example) just he seems to be a bit of a divider of opinion.

From what you and the other regualrs say, Rubes has not been great this season. But now a abit of a clamour to get him back, obviosuly, given our results.

Is Rubes one of those we should be getting a better than him, or does more than realised and it's only when he is not there you realise he is more important than first realised.

Not in any way having a go at the opinion, (no idea if you ever called for him to be dropped for example) just he seems to be a bit of a divider of opinion.

I've been his biggest critic and whilst he is prone to a dropped bollock, he is steady and what a team needs to ensure they don't drop down the league like a stone...

Mvoto wasn't the faster defender I've seen either, especially over a short distance. I'd have Mvoto back but IIRC he was going to be out for 5 months after his injury, which means he won't be fit until next season anyway. Trotman has looked poor in the games when we've got spanked, he looked very leggy against the Posh and at times it looked like he was running in treacle. Tarky looked quite good for his little cameo, I think if we have nowt to play for soon he should start to get a run out more regularly as he could be one to make the step-up to a regular first-teamer over the next couple of seasons.

Not to mention his poor passing and dozy moments. And he can't say a sentance without using the word "really", which is of course of paramount importance.

I'd hang fire on M'Voto. Unless results across the 5th, 8th and 12th seriously go in our favour then we're out of the play-off hunt. If there's nowt to play for there's no point in bringing him in? Unless it's with a view to getting our hands on him next season which would be good - best centre half we've had since last season.

Not to mention his poor passing and dozy moments. And he can't say a sentance without using the word "really", which is of course of paramount importance.

I'd hang fire on M'Voto. Unless results across the 5th, 8th and 12th seriously go in our favour then we're out of the play-off hunt. If there's nowt to play for there's no point in bringing him in? Unless it's with a view to getting our hands on him next season which would be good - best centre half we've had since last season.

I'd agree with this. I've been very underwhelmed with Trotters but I suppose he had already raised expectation from before we had sold him on. As has been mentioned it would appear that injuries have taken there toll as he struggles for pace and mobility and often relying on last ditch tackles. I was hoping that he would have chipped in with one by now but our corner taking abilities are eclipsed only by the movement which we offer at throw ins! As for Mvoto he seemed shaky at the start but then grew into the role and has the ability to chip in with a couple also. We have definately missed Ruubes despite his odd bollock dropping here and there and would like to see the pairing of him and Mvoto again but if we are out of contention it might not be worth while...then again nothing wrong with pushing as far up that table as possible

I'm more concerned about the 6 points we need to stay in the division, I know it's very unlikely we'll go down but every game we fail to nick a win brings the chasing pack closer, lose tomorrow we could be 14th that's a helluva drop in a month and a most teams have games in hand on us. Unlikely, but yer never knw, the off-field stuff and late wages have obviously had an effect when players (in addition to Josh Ollerenshaw) are gobbing off in public about it...

I’d love him here permanently – but on his current Sunderland wages; would he be prepared to sign for us for a bag of sweets, a polo mint and Gordon’s pie crusts? Doubt it.

He was a tad shaky as Haribo_Man says for the 1st; say 3-4 games of the season, but then it seemed to just ‘click’ with him and he was IMO the best; on-form CB in the division at that stage; up until his bad injury.

I think that the money we’d be spending on his loan wages would be more prudently spent elsewhere; and if the playoffs are gone; and we’re in no danger of being dragged into the danger zone; then i see no reason not to be playing James Tarkowski or Rod MacDonald in at CB; see how they do in 1st team games etc.

Also, agree on the Trotman disappointment – Whilst he’s hardly been shocking; he has been a shadow of the player we last saw in a Latics shirts; ahead of his big money move to Preston.

The problem with Trotman is that he has not played enough first team football since he left. He has had the odd lone spell here and there but other than that he has not played enough to get properly match sharp and to get used to playing with the same players week in week out. Saying that I would welcome M'voto back with open arms, his size alone scares most the attacker in this league

thing with trotman is that he doesnt win anywhere near the number of headers he did when he was here before. we might be in the sh!t at the moment but the 500k we got for him was a good bit of business wasnt it.

not sure about m'voto either, he was great before the cold december and we missed him but he took a while to get going and he won't be fit if we get him back so might take a few games to get back to his best. and by then any tiny hope of the playoffs will have probably gone.

Think he does a steady job at CB.. his progress halted when he moved to PNE and i think we might see more of his old self soon.. 15 games in 57 days after not playing all season is alot to take for anyones body..