stephens and taylor interest

Leeds fan, in peace,

what type of player is Dale Stephens?

we desperately need a midfielder who can tackle, but going by some comments it dont seem to be him

if you want money for him, he wont be coming to leeds

hows Aidy White doing?

Leeds fan, in peace,

we desperately need a midfielder who can tackle, but going by some comments it dont seem to be him

hows Aidy White doing?

Well hes one of our most valuable asset (arguably the most valuable) and he is under contract for some forseeable time so I imagine bids will be starting at 400k minimum. He is an attacking midfielder with an eye for a pass and a decent shot.

Aidy White started well but has been off the boil recently.

Lets just hope prices aren't as low as they where under Moores...

Thing is though under Moore we had several very highly paid players who were under contract, hence we were contractually obliged to pay them, with a wage bill probably at least double this one, and ticket prices at least 25 percent cheaper.

This time round, we have Brooke, Lee, Stephens, Taylor, Feeney, Furman, Black, Jones, Millar are the only players now contracted beyond the end of the season, so 8 players.

Of the above list I would imagine all but Brooke and Furman will be on first teamers money of no more than 1500 a week?

Leeds fan, in peace,

hows Aidy White doing?

If you want a tackling midfielder you want Furman not Stephens.

Leeds fan, in peace,

hows Aidy White doing?

An excellent passing midfielder who rarely, if ever, feels the need to dribble. He's also our top scorer, though he does take our pens (and all of our set pieces).

He's related to Steven Gerrard and looks to have based his technique/style on his illustrious cousin(?). He even moves like him. However he lacks the box-to-box element of the Gerrard of old and doesn't do any dirty work.

£500k please - we paid Bury £100k and I think would owe them a chunk of any sell on.

Aidy White has gone off the boil, but so has the team as a whole. He will be a top player.

An excellent passing midfielder who rarely, if ever, feels the need to dribble. He's also our top scorer, though he does take our pens (and all of our set pieces).

He's related to Steven Gerrard and looks to have based his technique/style on his illustrious cousin(?). He even moves like him. However he lacks the box-to-box element of the Gerrard of old and doesn't do any dirty work.

£500k please - we paid Bury £100k and I think would owe them a chunk of any sell on.

Aidy White has gone off the boil, but so has the team as a whole. He will be a top player.

how does he compare to Kilkenny?

Kilkenny will be off in the summer(out of contract), so we will be looking for a replacement for him

but again Uncle Ken doesnt like spending to much money on transfer fees

how does he compare to Kilkenny?

Kilkenny will be off in the summer(out of contract), so we will be looking for a replacement for him

but again Uncle Ken doesnt like spending to much money on transfer fees

He's not as good as Kilkenny - fewer strings to his bow. That said, what Stephens does he does well and I think he could improve with the step up.

He's not as good as Kilkenny - fewer strings to his bow. That said, what Stephens does he does well and I think he could improve with the step up.

But scores more goals and makes more goals.......

Maybe Kilkenny could run with the ball and can put his foot in but is he as effective for the purpose he's in the team for?

The thing that I find bizarre about Dale Stephens whilst he can clearly pass a ball with some ability at times he sometimes goes through patches in games where he passes it like my mum would do. It's so often polar opposites in what you get from him with his passing.

But scores more goals and makes more goals.......

Maybe Kilkenny could run with the ball and can put his foot in but is he as effective for the purpose he's in the team for?

The thing that I find bizarre about Dale Stephens whilst he can clearly pass a ball with some ability at times he sometimes goes through patches in games where he passes it like my mum would do. It's so often polar opposites in what you get from him with his passing.

You make a point - I've just looked at Kilkenny's wiki and am shocked at how few goals he has scored (7 in 186 career appearances). :shock:

He's a bit classier though, right? :unsure:

You make a point - I've just looked at Kilkenny's wiki and am shocked at how few goals he has scored (7 in 186 career appearances). :shock:

He's a bit classier though, right? :unsure:

Really??? I thought he scored more than that in his first few games for us before I got to see him play :shock: Stephens is a player who will only be as good as the way the team around him is playing, he won't make the difference himself but he can control it for a side with players making runs and looking for the ball.

HAsn't Stephens been missing for a large chunk of the poor run?

yeah, and before he was ill, he wasn't playing that well at all. and he wasn't great against peterborough either

but in the games he was out, we missed him and he scored our last goal against dagenham

Really??? I thought he scored more than that in his first few games for us before I got to see him play :shock: Stephens is a player who will only be as good as the way the team around him is playing, he won't make the difference himself but he can control it for a side with players making runs and looking for the ball.

Actually, he's apparently now scored 12. :blush: Still pretty poor though.

Agree regarding Stephens. Pretty much what I couldn't put my finger on when I said he could improve with a step up.

NK has that rare ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and totally take control of it; almost single-handedly.

He can dictate a game - in terms of the tempo its played at; and he (NK) has on many occassions been the pivotal factor in the way a game has shaped up.

For all of Dale's qualities - he has never IMO done that.

Yes; when the team is looking nice & bright, he can look good on the ball and pick a decent pass to two; but I'm yet to see him fully influence a game 'on his own'

For what I mean; see Wellens at Bradford away or Kilkenny in the game at BP that was shown on the web.

Dale for me hasn't a performance like that on his CV; regardless of his goals / assists this season.