Feeney called up for Northern Ireland again

They must literally have no other options available to them.

No league goals for his parent club – and was overlooked as an option from the bench; that going to an unfit & out of sorts Centre Half instead.

2 days later & he is called up by his national side.

With Healey, Lafferty & Boyce also named....if he starts for them; those 3 players will have to have a good look at themselves!!!!!!

No league goals for his parent club – and was overlooked as an option from the bench; that going to an unfit & out of sorts Centre Half instead.

With Healey, Lafferty & Boyce also named....if he starts for them; those 3 players will have to have a good look at themselves!!!!!!

total joke....will we even notice he's missing for the tranmere game....biggest waste of a wage i have ever seen...

Probably on a hiding to nothing by sticking up for him, but he's not exactly had a proper run in the team has he? Dickov seems insistent on playing Tonk every game, despite the fact that he clearly needs a rest.

Throw Feeney and Reid on together and see what we get, what have we got to loose?

Probably on a hiding to nothing by sticking up for him, but he's not exactly had a proper run in the team has he? Dickov seems insistent on playing Tonk every game, despite the fact that he clearly needs a rest.

Throw Feeney and Reid on together and see what we get, what have we got to loose?

Er haven't we done that once in this bad run. I would actually like to see us play Feeney a bit more, when we were playing well against Bristol Rovers him, Morais, Taylor and Tounk were linking up quite nicely.

Seemingly we have quite a few options but they are all much of a muchness so we need to think about playing our team in line with the opposition. For example against Brighton who are obviously doing well and I think have defenders who aren't very big and like time on the ball I'd like to see Feeney and Taylor up front with Lewis and Jones out wide. We could interchange them regularly and bring on Phil, Aidy and Bubba if needs be. I'd tell Feeney and Taylor to run their socks off and be all over their back four like a cheap suit.

Unfortunately we know what we'll get, nothing and certainly not any goals.

I'd much sooner see Brooke given a run of games than either Feeney or Reid, who have had reasonable game time and showed us exactly what they can do.

Unfortunately we know what we'll get, nothing and certainly not any goals.

I'd much sooner see Brooke given a run of games than either Feeney or Reid, who have had reasonable game time and showed us exactly what they can do.

I posted this once before; but I met Feeney at a petrol station (Tescos!!) after the Preston pre-season game.

Basically, as the season has panned out; it has turned out that what he told me & my mate; which was all very positive stuff; was a complete crock of sh1te. The main one being that he wasn’t going to make himself available for NI; not retire; just not make himself available; as and i quote “I’ve already won plenty of caps & I want to get settled and play games from Oldham”....then he went on to say things about ‘Oldham paying my wages’ and ‘I need to repay Dickov for having faith in signing me’ etc.

Since then; at every available opportunity; he’s joined up with the NI squad – injuring himself in 1 of the squads so coming back to his parent club crocked.

He’s been as disappointing signing as I can think of – based on reputation Vs actual product produced for the Blue Shirt. He’s looked unfit, unmotivated, poor on the ball & has looked like he could play until 2049 and still not score a league goal. Sack him off; to anyone who will have him, on loan or on a free.........now who would want a striker who looks like he’s running in treacle & who cant score???? Dam Penney getting sacked!

Time to see what Brooke can do IMO; as in; can he recapture the form & attitude of pre-season with a run of games? See what Crompton can do with a step up to 1st team too off the bench?

And don’t even get me started on Reid – how a so called professional can let himself get that overweight & unfit during a season is beyond me – and how we haven’t beasted that out of him in double training sessions is also beyond me. Both a rightly down the pecking order for me; but i do question the tactic of putting an also unfit & overweight Trotman on ahead of them though....

I'm really disappointed with Feeney, i'm not ashamed (well, yeah I am) to admit it that when we signed him, I was buzzing, I thought "what a signing", being a typical optimist, I ignored his cr@p record and thought he'll turn it around here,...yeah good one, either give him a chance and play a number of games and see if he can find his shooting boots or just bin him off would be my opinion. Same with Reid. Some one ementioned on another thread to bin the loans guys off, i'm kind of in agreement because they all seemed happy as punch when things were going well, now they don't wann know, ala White. Give some of our lads a chance to prove a point, and maybe go back to playing the same team that worked so well together at the start of the season, Jones on the Right, Alice on the left etc etc.

Healy is less deserving of a place than Feeney.

but N.I should start Martin Paterson and Kyle Lafferty upfront.