Depressing

I'd rather keep it at no relegations too, if you don't mind!

This is a fair point how many times have we had a relegation in the last 40 years is it 2? 94 and 97

Seems like we tend to not move around the divisions alot and we can fight relegation battles but not promotion battles.

We are the polar opposite of West Brom

We're the only team in the entire 72 team Football League that hasn't witnessed a promotion or a relegation since we lost our Championship Status in 1997, that's a helluva sobering thought….are we fast becoming the new Rochdale?

Be careful what you wish for, we could witness a relegation soon if this run continues :angry:

Didnt think we would get anything from last two games, we beat Tranmere i can see us getting a point at County and sneaking a win against Charlton at home, they are not quite as bad as Latics at the minute but they are getting there. Would 53 points keep us up??

Edited by deckyd

id take relegation if it meant we'd have a promotion next season. even if its back into this dire league. trouble is if we were relegated im not so sure we'd make it back up :(

Dont be silly! Thats like your missus leaving you, then coming back. Are you sadistic?

I can just see it now - Latics go 15 points clear after a 2012 Boxing Day thrashing of Rochdale. Taylor scoring his 20th goal of the campaign. And then the :censored:ing Mayan's prediction comes true.

We'll never see promotion again. :disappointed:

Edited by Yard Dog

When did Arsenal last get promoted?!!

1919 - Although they have never actually 'won' promotion. They finished 5th in Division 2 when the League was suspended at the start of World War 1. When the League's resumed, Arsenal's chairman allegedly bribed the league to allow them into the top flight at the expense of the other clubs who had finished above them, including Spurs! Rumour has it that their chairman bribed, coerced or unduly influenced the voting members of the Football League, including the League Chairman!

We are in a seriously bad way at the moment, there's no doubt about it, we can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet, which is a lethal combination.

A few weeks ago when we were dropping like a stone I thought there is no way we will get dragged into the relegation scrap, we just need a win and a couple of draws.

I looked at the fixture list and thought we had realistically 2 winnable matches left this season which were Tranmere and Walsall at home, at the time I felt we must still have enough to beat these 2 at home.

Now I'm not sure, I certainly wouldn't want to back us to beat anyone anywhere currently.

I think Bristol Rovers won only 2 in 13 under Penney, but they managed to beat us.

I also read that Sheff Wed had won only 2 in 11 under Magson, but they managed to beat us.

Colchester have been on a disasterous run of form (not as bad as us, obviously), but they managed to beat us.

I am now very seriously worried as what I thought would be 3 points against Tranmere seems a much more difficult proposition.