a bit of realism is needed

he wont be coming back i think we all know that, and so be it if it keeps us afloat

i think some people are ignoring the massive financial difficulties we are in

I'm sorry, I don't get this. What's different about selling him in May, as soon as the season's finished? We held the cards with Stephens and being a desired commodity could have opened a bidding war for him in a couple of months rather than snatching the cash now. Had we 6 or 7 points more on the board I'd not be overly fussed but we're well and truly in the crap, not won in 11 games and have just offloaded our core goalscoring supply.

Maybe the gamble will come off, but I don't like to see us gambling in the first place.

I'm sorry, I don't get this. What's different about selling him in May, as soon as the season's finished? We held the cards with Stephens and being a desired commodity could have opened a bidding war for him in a couple of months rather than snatching the cash now. Had we 6 or 7 points more on the board I'd not be overly fussed but we're well and truly in the crap, not won in 11 games and have just offloaded our core goalscoring supply.

Maybe the gamble will come off, but I don't like to see us gambling in the first place.

the financial situation of the club means we are in the crap anyway, we dont hold any cards, we cant take a gamble by hoping this/'these' clubs will still be interested come May

take it now instead of gambling the future of the club, the club is more important than one player

the financial situation of the club means we are in the crap anyway, we dont hold any cards, we cant take a gamble by hoping this/'these' clubs will still be interested come May

take it now instead of gambling the future of the club, the club is more important than one player

What's going to happen in May? Clubs will suddenly lose interest in a star midfield player who's bagged ten goals* and seen as one of the best players in division 3?

*Estimating his final seasons tally

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

What's going to happen in May? Clubs will suddenly lose interest in a star midfield player who's bagged ten goals* and seen as one of the best players in division 3?

*Estimating his final seasons tally

who told you that?

but the point is, we as a club cannot take that gamble, clubs pull out of moves all the time for somebody that they think is better (you know that)

who told you that?

but the point is, we as a club cannot take that gamble, clubs pull out of moves all the time for somebody that they think is better (you know that)

It's widely known from managers comments that he's highly rated as our best player, along with Taylor.

Selling in the summer isn't a gamble, we still have assets, such as Taylor, Keiron Lee and Paul Black to name but three who would command a fee. To say it's a gamble is maybe fair enough, but it's a gamble where the odds are stacked in our favour, whereas the punt we're taking now looks a more evens/odds against shot.

It's widely known from managers comments that he's highly rated as our best player, along with Taylor.

Selling in the summer isn't a gamble, we still have assets, such as Taylor, Keiron Lee and Paul Black to name but three who would command a fee. To say it's a gamble is maybe fair enough, but it's a gamble where the odds are stacked in our favour, whereas the punt we're taking now looks a more evens/odds against shot.

:petesake: you just dont get it do you

and who's to say we will recieve bids for those players?

There is also his 59 starts.

Assuming the clauses Bury have don't include substitute appearances, one more game means £10k more has to be paid out.

So the sale keeps £10k in the club, knocks what is probably one of the higher wages out of the club, possibly brings in a loan fee (we'll never know) and sets up, hopefully, a value for money transfer in the summer.

And somebody else can take the corners now!

Who?

Why?

we are allmost 98% there and its a classic case of go into administration and new owners come in allways happens especially when we have land to sell and also the council announce in may - june were having a new stadium built on X site caugh Kaskenmoor :)

Hence why current owners havnt left as they know they be leaving a nice £££££ lump

Edited by qwerty

we are allmost 98% there and its a classic case of go into administration and new owners come in allways happens especially when we have land to sell and also the council announce in may - june were having a new stadium built on X site caugh Kaskenmoor :)

Hence why current owners havnt left as they know they be leaving a nice £££££ lump

OAFC do not own the land or the stadium.

OAFC did not own the land or stadium when TTA came, nor when C M**re was here. The land and satdiumwas sold to OMBC back when David Brierley was chairman.

TTA bought the stadium and land back from the council separately to the football club.

:lol:

has anyone thought of what happens when we have no one else to sell lets face it taylor is the only one left to sell ;/ why not just go into administration then someone else with some cash will come in

I really can't be arsed explaining why, again - it ain't that simple.