Not a 'appy bunny.

Just been given a file to do a cost plan for a new stadium for Bristol Rovers.....minimum 20,0000 seater.

Hopefully, discussions between Latics, OMBC and my (not mine just those who are daft enough to employ me) company in a couple of weeks time will move forward without any NIMBY/Charity Commission/Traffic Survey hurdles to overcome and those investors who pulled out when Failsworth died return.

Just been given a file to do a cost plan for a new stadium for Bristol Rovers.....minimum 20,0000 seater.

Hopefully, discussions between Latics, OMBC and my (not mine just those who are daft enough to employ me) company in a couple of weeks time will move forward without any NIMBY/Charity Commission/Traffic Survey hurdles to overcome and those investors who pulled out when Failsworth died return.

both Bristol clubs have struggled as much as us to get the go ahead for a new stadium for as long as us

common denominator = left wing councils

That's twice the size of the Camp Nou, no wonder they sacked Dave, with ambitions like that :grin:

Agree Mike, getting tedious everyone else planning for a successful future and we're stuck facing oblivion for the second time in what 8/9 years. :ranting:

Does that include the Rugby too? Incidentally Rovers left their original home in 86 and spent a decade playing in Bath before returning to play at the Rugby ground. 25 years is a lot longer than we've been waiting.

If you're doing a cost plan does that mean it will get built or is it the sort of thing which gets done very early in the planning stage?

That's twice the size of the Camp Nou, no wonder they sacked Dave, with ambitions like that :grin:

Agree Mike, getting tedious everyone else planning for a successful future and we're stuck facing oblivion for the second time in what 8/9 years. :ranting:

Plus it further shows how little "ambition" TTA had with their 12,000 seater stadium. :ranting:

If you're doing a cost plan does that mean it will get built or is it the sort of thing which gets done very early in the planning stage?

Under normal circumstances, contractors do a free pricing service with subsequent upgrades on the price dependant on more information coming through.

In the case of Bristol Rovers, cost plans were last put forward about 18 months ago and then shelved. The scheme has been resurrected by the club last week and to reiterate their plans, they have "scrapped" plans to ground share with Cheltenham.