Andy Crompton Released

Attitude all wrong apparently, tbh been hearing ths all season. What a waste, no point having the talent though if your head is up your arse. Would do well to follow Tarky's example....

Fallen by the wayside

He'll be fine. There is interest in him from other clubs and I still see him having a good career in the game.

He'll be fine. There is interest in him from other clubs and I still see him having a good career in the game.

He'll only 'be fine' if he changes his attitude thought won’t he? The article below is about as thinly veiled as I’ve ever read on our official in terms of describing someone’s poor attitude & behaviour issues.....they might as well have come out and said he’s a cocky little sh&t who doesn’t listen, is a bad influence and thinks he’s ‘ten men’ who’s already made it????

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2327606,00.html

If i had the time; I’d bring up a post of mine from last year when i watched a few youth games; and in that i said Crompton impressed me with his ability but not his attitude – and he was walking a thin little between confidence and an-over-the-top inflated arrogance and he should be very careful........he quite obviously hasn’t been has he? Shame; as he has the ability to make a career in the game; but basically if he’s a Pr&*k, then he wont last long in the professional game.

Others I've spoken to are not so sure, from what i've seen of him the talent is there but his attitude is all wrong. You might get away with that when you're Wayne Rooney or Mario Balotelli but he's an 18 year old kid, any club that takes him on i'm sure will listen to the references provided by TP and his college tutors.

I hope he has the sense, if he gets another chance to knuckle down and realise his potential.

He'll only 'be fine' if he changes his attitude thought won’t he? The article below is about as thinly veiled as I’ve ever read on our official in terms of describing someone’s poor attitude & behaviour issues.....they might as well have come out and said he’s a cocky little sh&t who doesn’t listen, is a bad influence and thinks he’s ‘ten men’ who’s already made it????

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2327606,00.html

If i had the time; I’d bring up a post of mine from last year when i watched a few youth games; and in that i said Crompton impressed me with his ability but not his attitude – and he was walking a thin little between confidence and an-over-the-top inflated arrogance and he should be very careful........he quite obviously hasn’t been has he? Shame; as he has the ability to make a career in the game; but basically if he’s a Pr&*k, then he wont last long in the professional game.

This is exactly what I've heard, TP has carpeted him at least twice this season and presented him with his release forms all ready and waiting Crompton has simply had to sign them to be able to walk away. Apparently he's been saying all season there has been interest from other clubs and giving it the Big I Am, TP called his bluff and the lad wanted to stay.

I was with the lad's mum and dad yesterday and whilst it would be wrong of me to post what I know on here, it is more than just optimism.

Keeping his feet grounded are they? Given him a right old bollocking for letting himself down, TP and the club that invested time, money and showed enough faith in him to offer him a scholarship and oversee his development?

Edited by oafcprozac

Keeping his feet grounded are they? Given him a right old bollocking for letting himself down, TP and the club that invested time, money and showed enough faith in him to offer him a scholarship and oversee his development?

They are fully aware of Andy's shortcomings. However, there are two sides to every story and he has some genuine grievances. Like I said, he's gonna be fine, so it's not worth getting excited over.

He could possibly do with taking a leaf out of Aaron Chalmers' book. Promising youth player, couple of first team games, released after a breach of discipline. At the time he was linked with Norwich City; he's now at Mossley AFC.

And the lad Smith, often seen holding the bar up in The White Hart or the Carters. Who was the other lad, who got the bollocking of his life off Dowie for gobbing off in the friendly at Rossendale during the summer of hell? Danny summat?

He could possibly do with taking a leaf out of Aaron Chalmers' book. Promising youth player, couple of first team games, released after a breach of discipline. At the time he was linked with Norwich City; he's now at Mossley AFC.

sod it , go and find Chris hall , Im sure Hollyoaks, Grange Hill and Holby City need more extras

Danny Forde!! Cheers Crusoe, Captain of the successful youth team a few years back another one who thought he had made it!

It's by the by really; but I thought Chris Lever was the captain of that side IIRC? Its years ago so i may be completely wrong like! :wink:

Anyways; as Cursoe says; Crompton could do with heeding the Chalmers example.......

And now hardly pulling up trees at Connahs Quay FC.....

Its a very big transition from the youth set up to pro contract.

Many cant handle it even with the right attitude.

Maybe in the time between first and second year they should go out and do "work experience" to show them they have the best job in the world........

Edited by Museum de Latique