at what point can we be said to be "safe"?

theres been a lot of talk on here and facebook ive noticed, some of relegation parties and also rumours of we are gonna be put into administration when we have a "certain" amount of points so the 10 point hit wont take us down.

my question is - when can we breathe easier knowing that were safe from relegation no matter what?? getting a bit nervous now...

52 points is the most that any team has been relegated with, since the division has been in its current format (24 teams with 4 going down). However, I don't see 4 teams getting to even 50 points this time, so I agree with Zorrro. It'd be nice to finish top half though.

52 points is the most that any team has been relegated with, since the division has been in its current format (24 teams with 4 going down). However, I don't see 4 teams getting to even 50 points this time, so I agree with Zorrro. It'd be nice to finish top half though.

but what about this rumour of being put into administration and being docked 10 points at the end of the season? we'd need 62 if that was the case?

but what about this rumour of being put into administration and being docked 10 points at the end of the season? we'd need 62 if that was the case?

As far as I know we carnt go into admin against ourselves , we don't owe money to an outsource company. The only way is if the owners call for there money back then thats when we could go into admin.

cant the owners put us into admin??

If they wanted to, they could make it happen - just don't pay the gas bill or the milk man or the Revenue and wait for them to take you through the process. I can't see the point though, the point of doing it is to get off your debts and as said they owe the money to themselves.

If they wanted to, they could make it happen - just don't pay the gas bill or the milk man or the Revenue and wait for them to take you through the process. I can't see the point though, the point of doing it is to get off your debts and as said they owe the money to themselves.

I concur.

I worked for Stelios in his once massive internet cafe empire. He lost a lot (ie quite a lot more than £50m) in that little venture, and I lost a fair bit in shares too.

But you only lose it once you write it off.

If you suddenly get a large windfall of cash (eg Richard money or houses money, or sell the ground-buy a new one for less) then you haven't lost money.

So until they write it off they have not lost the money permanently.

Of course, as history shows, sometimes some CEO or whomever will blink, write it off, and blames the last guy.

Chris Moore did that, but the clue for me is in the speed. One minute drinking in a pub lappig the glory, the next selling Fitz Hall Clint Hill and everyone for peanuts.

Simon Corney has simply not done that.

Edited by singe

The position has been explained already, but my advice to you is send your question via email to either:

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

or

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Then tell your friends on Facebook what the reply says.........you'll have an 'exclusive' :deal2: ...... but don't expect many to believe you. :disappointed:

Scaremongering rumours make the world go round. :gathering2::sign0003:

P.S. We're only safe when the fat lady sings..........keep listening.