You know what would have been nice today

to see Dickov change it at 0-0 earlier to try and win the game. Reid and Tank were fecked ! Waste of time putting Mvoto up front , how about that international weve got on the bench Dickov?!

Instead he gives Lewi 3 minutes.

Baffling

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to see Dickov change it at 0-0 earlier to try and win the game. Reid and Tank were fecked ! Waste of time putting Mvoto up front , how about that international weve got on the bench Dickov?!

Instead he gives Lewi 3 minutes.

Baffling

Feeney wouldn of made one little bit of a difference today, charlton defended very well.

A goal would have merely been a bonus, a cherry on the cake. It was a nice sunny day Boundary Park and we played some decent stuff and pinned them back for most of the game. It was entertaining and I am happy. If we had something to play for I'd have been frustrated, but we don't so yeah, I'll take the performance.

Tounkara is still gash though, perhaps if he had stuck his leg out or went fora diving header then the chance Taylor put on a plate for him that I'd have had trouble missing, might have gone in. Reid + Brooke/Lewis next game please.

Its not so much bringin Feeney on , its just making some change at all . We had them pinned back and Chartlon were happy with how we were playing , It would have been nice to see Dickov be proactiv and bring fresh legs on to make Charlton think about things.

And Reid looks promising, just very frustrating at times.

Agree about Tank his touch was awful today

Feeney wouldn of made one little bit of a difference today, charlton defended very well.

Even for 10 men they didn't really defend well. We were just all fingers and thumbs in and around the penalty box, too much indecision, short sideways or backwards passing, no one willing to gamble or put a foot through it when the ball is bouncing around. And if we had an ounce of an aerial threat we'd have won by 3 or 4 given the amount of crosses we put into the box.

No need to get despondent, happy with the performance, the result is neither here nor there.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Like snooker with a rope no penetration. I thought we were flat today and the game had a very end of season feel to it.

When did Tounkara last score? and for a big guy his hold up play is very poor we weren't making the ball stick up top.

On the plus side weve gone 5 hours without conceding a goal now.

Even for 10 men they didn't really defend well. We were just all fingers and thumbs in and around the penalty box, too much indecision, short sideways or backwards passing, no one willing to gamble or put a foot through it when the ball is bouncing around. And if we had an ounce of an aerial threat we'd have won by 3 or 4 given the amount of crosses we put into the box.

No need to get despondent, happy with the performance, the result is neither here nor there.

i agree that charlton didn't defend especially well, but they didnt need to because we weren't very good. we needed someone like morais there to run at them and we'd have won the game. all we wanted was white and taylor to contanstly get at them but they didnt and when they tried, it was slow and the defenders stopped them

i agree that charlton didn't defend especially well, but they didnt need to because we weren't very good. we needed someone like morais there to run at them and we'd have won the game. all we wanted was white and taylor to contanstly get at them but they didnt and when they tried, it was slow and the defenders stopped them

I thought Taylor gave it a real go today. White less so.

Why not? We haven't even seen what Feeney can do this season, yet he gets slagged off so much!

the only time he's going to play is when we're chasing a game, and when we're doing that we want someone to get their head on a ball which feeney won't do. i'd start him instead of tonk next game

the only time he's going to play is when we're chasing a game, and when we're doing that we want someone to get their head on a ball which feeney won't do. i'd start him instead of tonk next game

He can probably head a ball better than Tounkara!

Feeney was promising against Tranmere(Away), he had a cracker of a game and got an assist if i remember rightly. Alessandra and Feeney upfront next game for me!

Why not? We haven't even seen what Feeney can do this season, yet he gets slagged off so much!

Who is Slagging him off? I simply said he wouldn't change the game charlton defended brilliantly and feeney wouldn't made a difference

Feeney was promising against Tranmere(Away), he had a cracker of a game and got an assist if i remember rightly. Alessandra and Feeney upfront next game for me!

Lewi played on the wing against tranmere

i wouldn't drop reid after that game, he played as well as he has done since he joined and dropping him won't do the team any good. i'd drop tonks though because he's similar to reid and reid's better at the moment

Lewi played on the wing against tranmere

He did, played on the left, Feeney was on the right

i wouldn't drop reid after that game, he played as well as he has done since he joined and dropping him won't do the team any good. i'd drop tonks though because he's similar to reid and reid's better at the moment

I'd drop him cause in a word he's :censored:e.

I thought Gary Doherty (12) won everything for them, especially in the air. One of the best opposing centre half displays I've seen for a good while.

How do you know? Mong alert.

What was needed was an old head who knew where to stand, be that dickov or feeney.

Big fault in dickovdickhead is that he wont change things except throw another big lump up front.

I thought Gary Doherty (12) won everything for them, especially in the air. One of the best opposing centre half displays I've seen for a good while.

Like Gregan without any footballing talent, great display. He was MOM by a mile.

How do you know? Mong alert.

What was needed was an old head who knew where to stand, be that dickov or feeney.

Big fault in dickovdickhead is that he wont change things except throw another big lump up front.

:lol: mong? Abit uncalled for ..

What difference would a 5ft 8 striker do against a 6ft 2 defender? Pointless.

Maybe a big lump but has scored as twice as many as our international striker :lol:

Maybe a big lump but has scored as twice as many as our international striker :lol:

Dickov seemed to do well against defenders and he's only 5' 4"?

Oh is that how it works? Dear me you are an helmet.

Tell Fergie if United get Barca in the final of the champs league they just need tall defenders. Messi and Villa will do :censored: all if they are marked by taller players.

We play passing football, the height of our players should not matter.

When the ball is played on the deck, but when we put in as many crosses as we did today then he would of been useless.

Back to today then, we have Tounkara who is a lanky :censored: being honest, and he can't head for :censored:.. so he's useless aswell.. might aswell of had a smaller striker on who might challenge and get his head in where it hurts!