Latics Player 'Sent Home'

Eh? it happened at the training ground at Bristol. They didn't know he was going to spit his dummy out before they set off.

It seems a bit odd that a player that has been dropped for about half of the season has suddenly had a strop at being dropped when its nearly the end of the season and the end of his contract. It doesn't ring true to me.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit odd that a player that has been dropped for about half of the season has suddenly had a strop at being dropped when its nearly the end of the season and the end of his contract. It doesn't ring true to me.

Maybe he thought his performance against charlton was good enough to warrant him a start against yeovil. obviously dickov had other ideas and jones didn't like OT and reacted the way he did

So they drove him all the way to Yeovil, just to tell him his behaviour is unacceptable to go home.

Like putting the story on the official website, don't think that really helps anyone.

Wouldn't it have been better to tell him to stay at home before the team set off to Yeovil and have a meeting about it on Monday morning?

I presume Jones would have been on the bench.

If I ignored a clear instruction from my boss I'd get in trouble, why should footballers be any different?

I'd expect Jones to be fined 2 weeks wages, given a written warning - and it's bye bye at the end of the season. Maybe he should have a rant on facebook!

Was it October that he was done for drink driving? You can understand management being a bit dischuffed with a senior pro setting that example to a young squad.

I think Jones was given a fair crack, although I'd agree he's been surprisingly overlooked on occasions when a recall looked possible. But then he has had three fairly public issues (one at half time at BP when he was "chucked out", MK Dons and now this). Although not a regular starter Kelly was a well used sub. I don't recall him ever changing a game. As for Feeney, lack of fitness, international call ups and a drink driving conviction don't make you popular.

I think we all see Dickov isn't infallible. Many other managers would have been sacked during the recent bad run. But he's shown real promise earlier in the season and perhaps this poor form will be the making of him. If he'd been an experienced manager he'd have rightly received more stick. Let's see how / if he learns from his mistakes next season.

The incidents you mention about Jones when you think about all of them, he was defending himself. He had stewards kicking players out of the ground on a match day, a player having a go at him which has since been explained and now this. All resulting in Jones defending himself which i'm sure any one on this board would do in any workplace.

If I ignored a clear instruction from my boss I'd get in trouble, why should footballers be any different?

I'd expect Jones to be fined 2 weeks wages, given a written warning - and it's bye bye at the end of the season. Maybe he should have a rant on facebook!

So you would accept a fine of 2 weeks wages if you had a disagreement with your boss at work.

So you would accept a fine of 2 weeks wages if you had a disagreement with your boss at work.

no but if you show him disrespect infront of the hole team in training and expect to get away with it you must be mad if the manager would have shown weakness we would have another pissup at the dogs team like shez and we all know how that went.

It’s part of the disciplinary procedures that exist in football, with 2 weeks fine being the maximum that is allowed by the PFA – or something like that!

no but if you show him disrespect infront of the hole team in training and expect to get away with it you must be mad if the manager would have shown weakness we would have another pissup at the dogs team like shez and we all know how that went.

Do you seriously think that he is the only player in the squad that has had a go at the coaching staff this season - i think not.

I see we're trying to fit our work experiences into the footballing model; I wouldn't expect a 2wks pay fine at work, however that isn't an industry standard in my sector - by the same token I don't get all the perks a pro-footballer does, nor do I get heckled by some fat :censored: who thinks he can do my job better that me on a Saturday afternoon.

I see we're trying to fit our work experiences into the footballing model; I wouldn't expect a 2wks pay fine at work, however that isn't an industry standard in my sector - by the same token I don't get all the perks a pro-footballer does, nor do I get heckled by some fat :censored: who thinks he can do my job better that me on a Saturday afternoon.

For some reason I've just thought of a colleague at work!

:grin:

The incidents you mention about Jones when you think about all of them, he was defending himself. He had stewards kicking players out of the ground on a match day, a player having a go at him which has since been explained and now this. All resulting in Jones defending himself which i'm sure any one on this board would do in any workplace.

But what about that time when he stole toys from orphaned children?

Do you seriously think that he is the only player in the squad that has had a go at the coaching staff this season - i think not.

having ago then storming out of the training ground like a pleb wouldnt help anyones career

Apologies if I missed something from earlier in this thread, but where does it say that Jones had a go at anyone?

Post 69, he pissed through the letterbox of Terry Tibbs' geriatric neighbour, then lit a newspaper wrapped around a turd and left it on her doorstep. The bastard.

another player did do that but nothing was done about it

According to what your were told.

You're going to have to be a bit careful what you quote.

You can tell I have a few similar snakes in the grass at work. You won;t be the only one he moaned to either,so that it appears that the whole world is against them, that spend their time bitching to all and sundry, moaning about their problems to everyone but the person that is going to sort them out, undermining morale, deciding what is the right thing and them complaining when it is not done the way they percieve it, can't you.

According to what your were told..... snakes in the grass at work....it appears that the whole world is against them, they spend their time bitching to all and sundry, moaning about their problems to everyone but the person that is going to sort them out, undermining morale, deciding what is the right thing and then complaining when it is not done the way they perceive it...

A fair summary of the apparent philosophy of many Latics fans.

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

A fair summary of the apparent philosophy of many Latics fans.

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I hope you're not suggesting people email SC or AH regarding an internal disciplinary matter. The club have already made a huge faux pas putting the details on the official site.