Would you give him a new contract?,been pretty solid since coming back into the team or would you get rid?

I'm now 50/50 get rid because he does start solid then OS very prone to mistakes plus he is a high earner but stay because like yesterday e showed what a good goalkeeper he could be .

He had a good game yesterday but it depends on who else is going to be released I suppose over Summer.

He has been dropped twice in two seasons and never seems to spit his dummy out over it and battles back to pull on the shirt.

He seems to play better away from home, less pressure from the home fans I suppose. I didn't hear anyone give him grief at all yesterday, even though he had a slight wobble in the first half.

He had a good game yesterday but it depends on who else is going to be released I suppose over Summer.

He has been dropped twice in two seasons and never seems to spit his dummy out over it and battles back to pull on the shirt.

He seems to play better away from home, less pressure from the home fans I suppose. I didn't hear anyone give him grief at all yesterday, even though he had a slight wobble in the first half.

Wobble or was it a pitch bobble? :unsure:

Unlike Gary Neville's for England, it didn't end up in the net.

to be fair to him, he's not the best keeper but he doesnt moan and comes back better. he's been good since amos went and has been pretty solid

He was like that at the start of this season but then faded and became more prone to a mistake.

NO!!! get rid he must have cost us about 9 points if not more so to clear my nerves also i would get rid.

But the defence infront of him have to take the blame. No matter how good the keeper is if your deface is :censored:e then you have no chance

But the defence infront of him have to take the blame. No matter how good the keeper is if your deface is :censored:e then you have no chance

agree sir so get rid of hazell aswell then problem solved

Give him a contract. I have said it before and I will again, but as a fully paid up member of the Goalkeepers Union you are always going to be highlighted for your mistakes as they can lead directly to a goal, whereas a midfielder or defender always has someone behind them to mop up their mistakes. He is young, and he is learning. I actually feel that he has improved in his time at BP. And lets face it, Amos (who has played Champions League football) still had his share of Massimo Taibi moments.

He deserves another year:

- He's worked hard on his game this season.

- He has a good attitude and seems to like it at Latics (despite having to put up with the usual rubbish a player gets when the moaners amoungst our support have decided he's no good).

- He seems to be improving and is finishing the season strongly.

- He's not going to have to be woven into the team for next season - he will know what Dickov will expect of him.

- Offering him a contract will mean we can concentrate our scouting efforts on other positions, that need more urgent attention.

No brainer for me....

he is a good shot stopper i will not deny that, but that is was should be expected of any keeper as that is like saying a defender can head it well; it is a given.

He just cannot be relied upon to do the rest - his kicking is poor, he is prone to dodgy handling, :censored:-ups with hazell are always liable to occur, he rarely commands his area.

Granted we wre a league 1 club and are not going to get Luigi Buffon et al, but i'd hope we could get a keeper who is competent in all areas except one of those above, that would be acceptable.

I just don't feel ever comfortable with him in nets and i can sense that our defenders don't know what he is going to do half the time neither.

Yes he has improved but as a number one he is not for me, useful for backup but not as a number 1 long-term.

Hazell is a liability for us in defence - can head a ball and that's it. This season has shown up his lack of pace with him being outpaced many a time having been given a 10 yard headstart, always cocks up once a game at least, attempts to pass like Pique every time he has the ball and gives it away with aimless long punts to no one instead of keeping it simple and is now prone to a number of injuries.

Tarky, Mvoto and another mid 20's defender for me next year with another early 20's as back up giving us 4 CB's - there ARE better out there than Hazell - Tarky has shown that himself and I feel 10x happier with him and Jean in there these past few games, much more solid.

We will see what Dickov thinks in May, but if he has any managerial nous and promotion/success ambitions in the next 2-3 years then he must know that Hazell and Brill will not give us that, no matter how honest blokes they may be.

All about opinions though, eh.

Edited by shefflatic

he is a good shot stopper i will not deny that, but that is was should be expected of any keeper as that is like saying a defender can head it well; it is a given.

He just cannot be relied upon to do the rest - his kicking is poor, he is prone to dodgy handling, :censored:-ups with hazell are always liable to occur, he rarely commands his area.

Granted we wre a league 1 club and are not going to get Luigi Buffon et al, but i'd hope we could get a keeper who is competent in all areas except one of those above, that would be acceptable.

I just don't feel ever comfortable with him in nets and i can sense that our defenders don't know what he is going to do half the time neither.

Yes he has improved but as a number one he is not for me, useful for backup but not as a number 1 long-term.

Hazell is a liability for us in defence - can head a ball and that's it. This season has shown up his lack of pace with him being outpaced many a time having been given a 10 yard headstart, always cocks up once a game at least, attempts to pass like Pique every time he has the ball and gives it away with aimless long punts to no one instead of keeping it simple and is now prone to a number of injuries.

Tarky, Mvoto and another mid 20's defender for me next year with another early 20's as back up giving us 4 CB's - there ARE better out there than Hazell - Tarky has shown that himself and I feel 10x happier with him and Jean in there these past few games, much more solid.

We will see what Dickov thinks in May, but if he has any managerial nous and promotion/success ambitions in the next 2-3 years then he must know that Hazell and Brill will not give us that, no matter how honest blokes they may be.

All about opinions though, eh.

You saved me writing all that, I totally agree. Have people forgotten the heart attack moments when the opposition get a free kick? Or the one on ones? I know we are a league 1 club but we have had many many better keepers than this guy. Bye bye notso, a good attitude doesn’t mean a contract is coming. At least I hope not!

Hazell has been a good servant but I’m afraid his time is now up. Would have kept him if we went down, if we could have agreed a low enough wage that is.

You saved me writing all that, I totally agree. Have people forgotten the heart attack moments when the opposition get a free kick? Or the one on ones? I know we are a league 1 club but we have had many many better keepers than this guy. Bye bye notso, a good attitude doesn’t mean a contract is coming. At least I hope not!

Hazell has been a good servant but I’m afraid his time is now up. Would have kept him if we went down, if we could have agreed a low enough wage that is.

One on ones ? Macken could put his one on one away, last free kick To go past brill ? Please he has been abit of a accident prone but give the lad credit when it's due. He has been solid since he has been back in net and have we let in more than 2 since he has come back?

One on ones ? Macken could put his one on one away, last free kick To go past brill ? Please he has been abit of a accident prone but give the lad credit when it's due. He has been solid since he has been back in net and have we let in more than 2 since he has come back?

He has been better, I agree, but a clanger is only around the corner with this guy, we've seen enough of him to know that, and as soon as it happens he goes back to his shaky displays. Not reliable, not good enough, cant kick, doesnt command his area, a poor poor keeper. It would be a massive error to keep this guy, thankfully I cant see that happening.

Whilst not defending Brill, what I would say is that people were happy when Ben Amos was brought in, but for me, he was no better than Dean Brill.

Some of the goals Amos conceeded and I'm thinking Southampton and Sheffied Wednesday were schoolboy stuff. Amos gets away without being barracked, probably because "he's played for youuuunited in the Champions League you know" whilst Brill is greeted with major slagging off both at the game and on the message boards.

At the end of the day the decision as to whether Brill stays or goes will come down to 1 thing and that is can PD bring in a better keeper within his budget.

There again Brill may well decide to move of his own accord, particularly after some of the :censored: he has recieved and in all honesty who could blame him

He has been better, I agree, but a clanger is only around the corner with this guy, we've seen enough of him to know that, and as soon as it happens he goes back to his shaky displays. Not reliable, not good enough, cant kick, doesnt command his area, a poor poor keeper. It would be a massive error to keep this guy, thankfully I cant see that happening.

Yes maybe he is known for his mistakes but stepping back and looking at it he has saved us as many points as he has cost us. I would say he is a poor keeper. Past few games I have saw especially at Swindon he demanded his box very very well . Yeah I too can see him going but can we afford a replacement as good as brill ?