Alan Hardy steps down from Board; still Chief Exec

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Alan. I hope he is able to overcome his health issues.

Alan Hardy has probably had more bad press than anyone to do with our football club (amongst the fans) but he has always given his all for the club. He has, doubtlessly, been well remunerated for his work but the hours he puts in have been above and beyond the call of duty. Without him, I suspect the club would not be here.

It should never be forgotten that Alan was the one person to stand up to Chris Moore and was suspended for it.

His openness with fans has also been a breath of fresh air. I don't think there can possibly be another club in the country where a fan can email the chief exec with a genuine query or concern about something within the club and expect a reply within a day or two. With Alan, that is just what you got.

I honestly don't believe for one minute that Alan has resigned to play 'call of duty' but cracking post never the less

But I do happen to think that his leaving the Boardroom will have a negative impact on the club.

I doubt it will matter at all so long as he is around to offer help and advice, any more than it has damaged us (so far as we know) having the odd meaningless dummy in there. The decisions will be made in the same place.

All the best Alan. He was recovering from his last troubles when L & E and I went into the club, Corney was fussing over him driving himself after more like he was with his dad, not his enemey. And when Simon started getting animated and possibly indiscrete about the odd thing, Hardy going, " Simon, NOOOOOO!) was :censored:ing priceless!

Alan is one of the good guys in my book. Not perfect, but I've certainly not been a perfect fan, so who am I to criticise?

Edited by leeslover