Alan Hardy steps down from Board; still Chief Exec

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Alan. I hope he is able to overcome his health issues.

Alan Hardy has probably had more bad press than anyone to do with our football club (amongst the fans) but he has always given his all for the club. He has, doubtlessly, been well remunerated for his work but the hours he puts in have been above and beyond the call of duty. Without him, I suspect the club would not be here.

It should never be forgotten that Alan was the one person to stand up to Chris Moore and was suspended for it.

His openness with fans has also been a breath of fresh air. I don't think there can possibly be another club in the country where a fan can email the chief exec with a genuine query or concern about something within the club and expect a reply within a day or two. With Alan, that is just what you got.

Alan Hardy has probably had more bad press than anyone to do with our football club (amongst the fans) but he has always given his all for the club. He has, doubtlessly, been well remunerated for his work but the hours he puts in have been above and beyond the call of duty. Without him, I suspect the club would not be here.

It should never be forgotten that Alan was the one person to stand up to Chris Moore and was suspended for it.

His openness with fans has also been a breath of fresh air. I don't think there can possibly be another club in the country where a fan can email the chief exec with a genuine query or concern about something within the club and expect a reply within a day or two. With Alan, that is just what you got.

I don't post here much, but I do read a lot of posts and after reading this I just wanted to say, I went to pick up a new Latics kit for my 2 year old son but the shop had closed a few minutes earlier, so I sent an e-mail to Alan explaining I couldn't find the opening times on the website for the shop and that I was looking for a kit, he called me within an hour to help me out and even went to the shop and checked stock. He has my total respect for this, and he is truly an Oldham fan through and through, I wish him well! =)

Glad he is still going to be a part of the club, was shocked when I found out about his illness - he does put in a hell of a lot of time as said earlier, well above the call of duty.

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for Alan the club would no longer exist.

People on here don't seem to understand just what he actually does, and that he always has the clubs best interests at heart - no matter how strange some of his decisions may seem!

Key point for me that – he gets an awful lot of flack from some on here; but in my experiences in dealing with him; he’s be top-draw. I’ve taken calls from him to discuss emails I’ve sent; at out-of-office times for most people; seemingly not for Alan. A Latics fans who genuinely has the club at heart and has undoubtedly tried to do his best for the club.

I await the 1st negative post / abusive post from his detractors – but one thing should hopefully not get lost in this. Alan patently has health issues to overcome and all of us Latics fans should be wishing him well in this regard.

I have had 'issues' with Alan in the past, mainly to do with poor organisation of ticket distribution in the pinch me years. But in recent times I have a new found respect for him, especially as has been mentioned that he will reply to any email he recieves. I once got a response to a suggestion regarding the new stadium project at 9:30 in the evening. There is no doubt he is Latics through and through, and I'm sure his experience will be missed in the board room.

Best wishes Alan.

Never understood the crap he had to put up with. In my (admittedly limited) dealings with him he was unfailingly polite, helpful and willing to engage with fans (at one point even offering to arrange a meeting on a concern I had).

Thanks and good luck, Alan.

Glad he is still going to be a part of the club, was shocked when I found out about his illness - he does put in a hell of a lot of time as said earlier, well above the call of duty.

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for Alan the club would no longer exist.

People on here don't seem to understand just what he actually does, and that he always has the clubs best interests at heart - no matter how strange some of his decisions may seem!

at last some who knows how much alan cares about the club well said :chubb: alan hardy is 100%latics and always will be

Not much too add to the testimonials to Alan. He has always been courteous, available, and helpful. He has played a great part in creating the "friendly club" reputation that players, managers, and journalists comment on.

And I'd certainly agree that he is a Latics Legend.