I'm trying to understand PD's thinking behind offering players new contracts in particular Alessandra and Smalley. Lewis was here all last season and when fit was in the team, can play in a couple of positions (always useful in smaller squads) but not given a new contract. Dean was shipped out on loan all last season because he couldn't get in the team (which I thought was a bit of joke as again can play either wing or up front and is very useful coming off the bench) but has now been offered a new contract. If it was me I'd definitley keep both, through the ranks so surely can't be on silly wages, but I just don't get why the one who was here last season has now gone and the one who PD didn't want last season has been offered a new contract to stay. Any explainations would be appreciated as I can't make head nor tail or it!

I'm trying to understand PD's thinking behind offering players new contracts in particular Alessandra and Smalley. Lewis was here all last season and when fit was in the team, can play in a couple of positions (always useful in smaller squads) but not given a new contract. Dean was shipped out on loan all last season because he couldn't get in the team (which I thought was a bit of joke as again can play either wing or up front and is very useful coming off the bench) but has now been offered a new contract. If it was me I'd definitley keep both, through the ranks so surely can't be on silly wages, but I just don't get why the one who was here last season has now gone and the one who PD didn't want last season has been offered a new contract to stay. Any explainations would be appreciated as I can't make head nor tail or it!

I suspect we may be offering Smalley a contract, in the hope he chooses to move on (probably to Chesterfield, who seem to have a few quid) anyway and we can get a small fee (if we don't offer him terms, he can leave for free).

I think patience has run out with Alessandra. He should have made hiimself a first team regular by now but hasn't done so. I think he's talented but I have doubts about his application.

allasandra allways injured

Smalley contract up offer new which makes it a Bosman ruling meaning someone has to buy him and lets face it he aint gona stay and we get some £££££££££££££

I'd have kept Alessandra. But not as a bit part man. I can only think of one occasion when he's come off the bench and a game has changed (and that had more to do with Whitaker and Hughes coming on at the same time). For me, LA has had his best games when he's started. I think he's a bright footballer who brings so much more to the team in terms of space and movement, and his ball retention is excellent. For the last dozen games of this season I'd have played him alongside Reid - the space he'd have created would have given Reid so much more opportunity to make a mark and I suspect Morais would hav benefited from the same space.

I'd keep Smalley - he's learned to cross and score - something his game didn't have when he went out on loan. He also knows what it's like to be part of a promotion winning side now.

Not that bothered about Alessandra being released however would of been good for the bench next season to come on when we need a goal. I would like to see Smalley accepting his contract and then hopefully get in the form he has been in at Chesterfield and try and break into the first team however if we can get a bit of money for him then i would just sell him. And then Dickov will be able to unearth another gem like he did with Morais. So no problems :) Promotion next season!

Not that bothered about Alessandra being released however would of been good for the bench next season to come on when we need a goal. I would like to see Smalley accepting his contract and then hopefully get in the form he has been in at Chesterfield and try and break into the first team however if we can get a bit of money for him then i would just sell him. And then Dickov will be able to unearth another gem like he did with Morais. So no problems :) Promotion next season!

I've never really seen or heard of teams at our level getting 'big money' for players not in the first team who are gathering interest from the likes of Bradford and Chesterfield. I know there's a long way to go as the season's only just finished but as it stands there's no one in either of these players way to be in the squad on the first game of the season. Maybe Dickov can work his magic and get a gem like Dikaba or Feeney or Jones or Todd. He did well with M'Voto and Tounkara but i feel they were more put forward to him by a mate of the game rather than his eye for talent. I just feel when we've never got any money to spend on transfers or big wages we should be keeping our home grown and trying to get some consistency in our squad from season to season. We're here again a new season coming up and about 10 out and 10 in, it's not good. Don't know the world of contracts well but can't see players who have come through the ranks would cost more to extend theirs rather than get someone new in, who's agent needs a new patio!

I've never really seen or heard of teams at our level getting 'big money' for players not in the first team who are gathering interest from the likes of Bradford and Chesterfield. I know there's a long way to go as the season's only just finished but as it stands there's no one in either of these players way to be in the squad on the first game of the season. Maybe Dickov can work his magic and get a gem like Dikaba or Feeney or Jones or Todd. He did well with M'Voto and Tounkara but i feel they were more put forward to him by a mate of the game rather than his eye for talent. I just feel when we've never got any money to spend on transfers or big wages we should be keeping our home grown and trying to get some consistency in our squad from season to season. We're here again a new season coming up and about 10 out and 10 in, it's not good. Don't know the world of contracts well but can't see players who have come through the ranks would cost more to extend theirs rather than get someone new in, who's agent needs a new patio!

i'd like to think we are seriously interested in keeping Smalley and that the money is a back-up. Let's face it, if Smalley wasn't one of ours and had scored 12 in 28 for a team who got promoted from league 2 we'd be saying why would he sign for Oldham?? Or we couldn't afford him. The facts are we often drive these players out. I'd rather have the player than any money

names put forward by a mate!!! hahahahah

lewis simply hasnt pushed on,or made noises about pushing on...no coincidence that the last 3 managers have all dropped him....now dickovs got rid cos he doesnt fit...nobody knows how he trains,there seems to be problems with his fitness and attitude....

smalley...face didnt fit and has also been accused of being lazy not thinking and no end product..he is out of contract,but due to age we would be due compo if he moves..is it a coincidence he scores in league 2 and not league 1??? another who hasnt pushed himself...why should we put up with these kinds of players when we could get in players who want to push on and help us...

Cant understand why some fans are getting so hung up about Allesandra being released. He has played under four different managers here (Shez, Royle, Penney, Dickov). Unsure what Royle thought of him but he didnt feature in the plans of the other three. We only see him once a week (assuming he is playing) wheras they see him train on a day to day basis.

Speaks volumes really.

I'd have kept Alessandra. But not as a bit part man. I can only think of one occasion when he's come off the bench and a game has changed (and that had more to do with Whitaker and Hughes coming on at the same time). For me, LA has had his best games when he's started. I think he's a bright footballer who brings so much more to the team in terms of space and movement, and his ball retention is excellent. For the last dozen games of this season I'd have played him alongside Reid - the space he'd have created would have given Reid so much more opportunity to make a mark and I suspect Morais would hav benefited from the same space.

I'd keep Smalley - he's learned to cross and score - something his game didn't have when he went out on loan. He also knows what it's like to be part of a promotion winning side now.

Smalley and Allesandra have both been given plenty of time to make the grade and have failed to get into the side on a permanent basis. They will both turn 23 next season and are no longer kids. They have had their fair share of bad luck with injuries at key times especially Allesandra who was performing pretty well early doors this season but I really don't think either of them are consistently good enough for this division.

Smalley, along with Whittaker and Davies are banging them in for Chesterfield in league 2 and like O'Grady last season perhaps they've found their true level.

They all might return to bit us on the bum next season but somehow I doubt it!

Bembo Lita, Brooke, Mcgrath and Hughes are chomping at the bit to make an impact and and I would rather give them the chance to break in to the 1st team next season.

Cant understand why some fans are getting so hung up about Allesandra being released. He has played under four different managers here (Shez, Royle, Penney, Dickov). Unsure what Royle thought of him but he didnt feature in the plans of the other three. We only see him once a week (assuming he is playing) wheras they see him train on a day to day basis.

Speaks volumes really.

These people dont exist in reality

Smalley and Allesandra have both been given plenty of time to make the grade and have failed to get into the side on a permanent basis. They will both turn 23 next season and are no longer kids. They have had their fair share of bad luck with injuries at key times especially Allesandra who was performing pretty well early doors this season but I really don't think either of them are consistently good enough for this division.

Smalley, along with Whittaker and Davies are banging them in for Chesterfield in league 2 and like O'Grady last season perhaps they've found their true level.

They all might return to bit us on the bum next season but somehow I doubt it!

Bembo Lita, Brooke, Mcgrath and Hughes are chomping at the bit to make an impact and and I would rather give them the chance to break in to the 1st team next season.

To say the above players have found their true level is a bit harsh both on them and L2. Numerous teams over the past few years have shown the gap isn't that big, look at Rochdale! Personally thought all of them were decent players for us and were part of a team that finished a hell of a lot higher than the current team did. I've seen other people saying they don't try, complete rubbish, Alessandra was brilliant at the start but then got injured and Smalley was only given about 5-10mins whenever he was chosen. All for the manager being in charge of the team and he doesn't like a player get rid, but I do have to question whether or not Dickov has got a true understanding of the level we are at who exactly does he expect to bring in to replace these two players? I'd love to here some real (can't stress that enough) targets that PD has in mind and whether or not we can afford them, his last couple of signings have been via Playershare which is basically living outside our means and can only lead to trouble.