Dikov's contract

Rolling contract, 1 year...

Which means he constantly has a year left on his contract - presumably at any point in time, either he or the club could give notice. But if he was poached, we would be due a year's worth of compensation.

Which means he constantly has a year left on his contract - presumably at any point in time, either he or the club could give notice. But if he was poached, we would be due a year's worth of compensation.

Probably not quite right. More than likely it's a one-year-deal, which, on expiry, is renewed for another year, unless either party gives the appropriate notice ahead of that date. So, if Dickov leaves for the Man United job, part-way through their dreadful 2011/12 campaign, with Latics unbeaten and topping the table, in January, we'd get six months'(ish) compensation.

Probably not quite right. More than likely it's a one-year-deal, which, on expiry, is renewed for another year, unless either party gives the appropriate notice ahead of that date. So, if Dickov leaves for the Man United job, part-way through their dreadful 2011/12 campaign, with Latics unbeaten and topping the table, in January, we'd get six months'(ish) compensation.

Dickov told me at one of the fans' forums "every day I wake up, I have a year left on my contract".

Probably a bit like Mark Robins, and many Directors I believe, but the situation there seems unusal

I think the protoca is that the person gets a yrears notice, a yeears pay and leaves with immediate effect.

To be asked to work the year, seems to me inheard of, and ffankly untenable.

Not sure what thge Barnsley board/Robins woever were thnking releasing the info publicly.

Dickov told me at one of the fans' forums "every day I wake up, I have a year left on my contract".

Fair enough; didn't realise that. I'd love to see how his contract has been drafted then - I've never heard of a contract term that renews on a daily basis and, if that's the case, I have my doubts as to how enforcable the one year notice period would be, if push came to shove.

On the one hand, we can talk about compensation if he's snapped up by someone else but, if we want rid of him, we can't let his contract run down by the sound of it (unless we give him notice and keep him in the job for a year which wouldn't happen), so would have to pay up a year's contract.

There'll be something in Dickov's contract that states a sum he is paid if he is sacked. It won't be a years salary. That would be crazy.

Actually, i think it would be a years salary in lieu of notice.

But conversely, if he is poached we get a years compensation.

Very commmon to get 3-6 months notice if redundant, so this is football.