Who's the striker then?

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=246190

Someone who claims to 'work at the club' reckons Cody McDonald will be offered a new three-year contract,

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt. But for me, Cody Mac signing a new deal with Norwich is probably the only indication we have any chance of signing him. We ain't gonna sign him out right, if 550k is Norwich's valuation then we haven't got a prayer. They're probably looking to sell now, he isn't gonna feature in their plans in the PL, but it doesn't seem any one is meeting their valuation for him. But he may feature in their future plans (especially if they get relegated) and giving him a new contract also allows them to command a bigger fee next season should he go out on loan (that could be us) and start banging them in. And they don't have to worry about his contract expiring.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=246190

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt. But for me, Cody Mac signing a new deal with Norwich is probably the only indication we have any chance of signing him. We ain't gonna sign him out right, if 550k is Norwich's valuation then we haven't got a prayer. They're probably looking to sell now, he isn't gonna feature in their plans in the PL, but it doesn't seem any one is meeting their valuation for him. But he may feature in their future plans (especially if they get relegated) and giving him a new contract also allows them to command a bigger fee next season should he go out on loan (that could be us) and start banging them in. And they don't have to worry about his contract expiring.

Let him sign a 3 year deal then get him on loan ?

C'est la vie if McDonald does go elsewhere.

I'm sure that PD has other irons in the fire and is fortunate to have twelve months under his belt with the strikers he's inherited or brought in himself so knows exactly what is needed to bring out the best in his striking options.

I have faith in PD to sign someone effective and to ensure that we improve on last season's final position.

The gamble on Feeney and Reid could well pay off this season; getting them fitter, gelling them into a team, coaching from PD and the others. Hopefully then the two question marks over PD's transfer activity will be answered.

I'd much rather him bide his time than make rash decisions and sign players simply to fill out the squad. He sold the future to M'voto when Big Jean could get more money elsewhere and I'm sure he'll do the same between the sticks, in the middle and up front so we have a solid spine to the team.

Let him sign a 3 year deal then get him on loan ?

Yup, 'cause he's out of contract at the end of the season, so if they send him out on loan they'll probably want to tie him down to a new deal first so he doesn't walk on a free at the end of the season. I still think they'd prefer to sell him though.

• 2 weeks later...