Who's the striker then?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry Lee but the reason Davies has never made it at a higher level is nothing to do with ability, its his mentality. Its only been at Chesterfield where he has seemed to have knuckled down and done the business. He always had something about him here at Latics but that fuse was always 1 nudge , kick or foul away from being sparked.

A poor player doesn't score goals like these

some of them would fit in at any level of football

Yeah i agree his attidude is very bad but i just carnt see him scoring like he was at chesterfield at barnsley. He made 23 apperences for wolves and didnt score ( in the league ) and that was in a very good wolves side.

I personally just carnt see him cutting it out in the championship.

Yeah i agree his attidude is very bad but i just carnt see him scoring like he was at chesterfield at barnsley. He made 23 apperences for wolves and didnt score ( in the league ) and that was in a very good wolves side.

I personally just carnt see him cutting it out in the championship.

youve got to remember he was 21 and just cutting his trade when he was in the Championship last , he's got 4 more years experience and alot of goals under his belt since then. I think he will do well

youve got to remember he was 21 and just cutting his trade when he was in the Championship last , he's got 4 more years experience and alot of goals under his belt since then. I think he will do well

We can only wait and see but i was going back to the comment about letting him go, Yes it was a right choice because he was too much of a liability. He scored 11-13 goals whilst at latics but also had a few disciplinary issues on and off the pitch.

We can only wait and see but i was going back to the comment about letting him go, Yes it was a right choice because he was too much of a liability. He scored 11-13 goals whilst at latics but also had a few disciplinary issues on and off the pitch.

I do agree the time was right for him to move on and turn over a fresh leaf . Just a shame he didnt bang 25 in for us

Fact's? He scored 11 goals in 44 apperences. Is that a good enough statement?

Davies had scored 14 by February Lee. Everybody's favourite Bum Boy Scum Bag Hughes had only scored that by the beginning of Feb, he was well on target to score 20 at least before his injury in mid-feb he had hit a run of goals…

Davies had scored 14 by February Lee. Everybody's favourite Bum Boy Scum Bag Hughes had only scored that by the beginning of Feb, he was well on target to score 20 at least before his injury in mid-feb he had hit a run of goals…

that's including cup goals.

All im saying is he aint good enough for the championsip and will be caught out next season.

I do agree, but I still think Shez treated him badly here - then he binned O'Grady too before playing loanees above his own players. Managers that do that are wankers, What's the point of assembling a squad only to bin the players that have shown desire to sign and play for you in favour of half-fit mercenaries? A loanee used to be an emergency measure, now teams sign players 'just in case' it's complete bollocks…..or in Shez's case with people like Jones and Windass - just for the sheer hell of it….

Edited by oafcprozac

Craig Davies

League Apps - 44

League Goals - 10

Cup Apps - 11

Cup Goals - 3

Total Games - 55

Total Goals - 13

stick them facts in your pipe and smoke it!

How many starts Lee? And despite the stats you come up with it was 14 goals, he was credited with the 3rd goals at Leeds by the FL…..just checked myself, 14 goals in 47 starts…overall record is 62 in 175 starts, better than 1 in 3, that's a record that stands up. He's a headcase Lee, but his ability in the LOWER divisions should not be called into question…I'd give my left bollock for a centre-forward with that strike rate…..

Edited by oafcprozac

How many starts Lee? And despite the stats you come up with it was 14 goals, he was credited with the 3rd goals at Leeds by the FL…..just checked myself, 14 goals in 47 starts…overall record is 62 in 175 starts, better than 1 in 3, that's a record that stands up. He's a headcase Lee, but his ability in the LOWER divisions should not be called into question…I'd give my left bollock for a centre-forward with that strike rate…..

That's what i am saying he wasnt exactly setting the league on fire when he was here, so yeah going back to monty's question "was it right too let him go?" the answer was yeah at the time it was.

That's what i am saying he wasnt exactly setting the league on fire when he was here, so yeah going back to monty's question "was it right too let him go?" the answer was yeah at the time it was.

Remind me what Division we are in Lee, and remind how many goals our top scorers have scored over the last two seasons…then tell me we couldn't use a player of Davies' calibre - oh and he wasn't released he was sold for £150k to Brighton,,,,in favour of loanees like Brett Ormerod, Darren Byfield, Dean Windass and Steve Kabba….

4 weeks today the article was posted and still no word

Keep logging on to your official site to be first to hear news about your club....it could happen sooner than you think! :petesake:

Or read about who OTHER teams are signing instead!

4 weeks today the article was posted and still no word

Keep logging on to your official site to be first to hear news about your club....it could happen sooner than you think! :petesake:

Well technically I didn't think it would ever happen so as long as we sign him before the end of eternity then they will be signing him sooner than I think.