Who's the striker then?

According to the fishul, PD is signing a top sriker. The pic suggests someone from Plymuff, so is it Rory Fallon? His stats don't add up to the the ones quoted in the article and did he play in Non League earlier in his career?

Plymuff?

Who do you reckon it is?

And the goalkeeper chase is on too.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the fishul, PD is signing a top sriker. The pic suggests someone from Plymuff, so is it Rory Fallon? His stats don't add up to the the ones quoted in the article and did he play in Non League earlier in his career?

Plymuff?

Who do you reckon it is?

Wouldn't say Plymouth are a top English club.

Plymuff?

Who do you reckon it is?

Maybe Clayton Donaldson.

I was going to say Freddy Eastwood, but I'm pretty sure he's getting a game at Coventry alongside Marlon King.

Just thought of another one. Simeon Jackson at Norwich, as they've just signed Vaughan and he wasn't exactly getting a game before that. Might be a loan deal.

Edited by fogeats

hmm not sure where ive seen it but i think its Cody Mcdonald. Record of 92 goals in 166 games. :D ^

McDonald signed on loan for Gillingham for a season, in the deal which took Simeon Jackson to the Canaries. McDonald was handed the number 10 jersey, which had been vacated by Jackson's departure. He picked up a niggling injury in pre-season, but upon his recovery scored four goals in eight appearances. He scored the first professional hat-trick of his career against Stockport County on 8 January 2011, his contribution helping Gills to a 5-1 away win and has since expressed his desire to stay at the Kent club.[13][14] On 21 April 2011, McDonald was named the ESPN PFA Fans' Player of the Year for the Football League Two.[15] McDonald also won Gillingham's Player of the Year, Player's Player of the Year, Sponsor's Player of the Year and Goal of the Season at the end of season awards ceremony held on Sunday 8th May 2011.[16] On 19 May 2011, McDonald revealed that he would not be returning to Gillingham.[17]

Linked added

From the reliable source that is Wikipedia, although could be Blue Pizza or Royle Army, worst sentence ever

"On Monday 6th June 2011 to officially sign for Oldham Athletic on a two year deal after much interest from clubs in League One."

Wiki

looks like its since gone , the joys of Wiki

Looks like Cody McDonald is a good shout. Round of :applause1: to those who came up with it.

So, who's the keeper in the frame? The Richard Wright rumour seems to have died a death. The PFA free transfer list isn't too impressive for our budget either. Shane Higgs maybe? Anybody fancy having Flahavalavahavalavahavan back again? No? OK.

Impressed with our Striker line up next year. Feeney and Reid are two strikers with a lot to prove whilst Smith and McDonald will be looking to see if they can make the step up. Both are prolific at non league level, and McDonald gave League Two a good hiding last season. Then of course there is Bembo Lita backing them up.

If you are on a shoestring budget, you do have to take a few chances with players. But I fancy the chances of one or two of our strikers doing really well next year.

lets hope we get him then, because an article like that is something we always see and then never get!

mcdonald would be a great signing though.

edit: the article says he's had talks and is from a top english club, so could be norwich.

"I only want quality in my squad for my second season at Boundary Park, everyone knows I prefer to give youth it's head when I can, but from time to time the opportunity arises to sign a player that has the lot...experience, skill and pace and he is still in his twenties, all the qualities a manager could wish for...this could be one of those moments!"

could well be mcdonald - just hope that the club know what theyre doing by revealing it before he's signed

Edited by oafc-latics

Plymuff?

Who do you reckon it is?

The pic is suggesting that the Webmaster typed 'goal celebration' into Google and clicked on anything that came up. The cynic in me suggests that the large SV Hamburg badge in the background, and the fact the players kits do not have Football League or N-Power branding, means this is a Bundesliga picture.

The pic is suggesting that the Webmaster typed 'goal celebration' into Google and clicked on anything that came up. The cynic in me suggests that the large SV Hamburg badge in the background, and the fact the players kits do not have Football League or N-Power branding, means this is a Bundesliga picture.

Well spotted that man! I should have studied it more closely instead of diving in, but I'm supposed to be concentrating more on my work. That's my excuse anyway.

I have high hopes for McDonald if it is him.

But the description on the fishul bigs him up far too muh in my opinion.

At our level he has scored 4 from 25, the rest is in lower leagues.

The article implies a far bigger name.

It could be a good mix for us and good to have a striker that will have confidence after his scoring record last year.