• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit harsh , he's done nothing wrong , you always say you would rather live down south and thats what he is choosing to do . If I was a young lad from france whose been living in London I dont think I'd fancy Oldham much

just dont think he will get many better offers. could be wrong. seem to remember him saying how grateful he was for the opportunity to play for us?

and yes, i would rather live in a lot of places instead of oldham

just dont think he will get many better offers. could be wrong. seem to remember him saying how grateful he was for the opportunity to play for us?

and yes, i would rather live in a lot of places instead of oldham

But the article says he is moving because he wants to be nearer his family or move back to france, not because the deal we offered him wasn't good enough

But the article says he is moving because he wants to be nearer his family or move back to france, not because the deal we offered him wasn't good enough

ffs i only said "sod him". couldnt care less. would have liked to see him stay as back up but i think black is a better defender and we have better wide players.

sorry...i forgot i had to kiss ar5e and say good luck evina...miss you!

"Sky diving Hippo" love it....why did I immediately think of Dean Windass??!!

I accept it would take time and you have to progressivly move to this system and can't do it in a couple of seasons but, I'm not sure it couldn't be done....our own "La Mesia". It is no conincidence that Barcelona players know exactly what they're doing, most of them have played together since they were 8 years old.

I honestly believe money put it to our own school (and it could be like the Barca model, ie actually a school) would be a better investment than paying wages to the likes of Feeney etc.

The problem would be that the good young players would never get to play for our 1st team, they would be lured away by the big boys. In your plan we could only spend any income from these players on developing more young players who in turn would be lured away etc etc ad infinitum. So we end up with a team of not quite good enough players, no change there then!

Dissapointed i liked Evina brought a bit of quality to the team. Agree for every good game he dissapear in some. But towards the end of the season he showed lots of consistancy. Away at Colchester he played some great balls in and tried setting Black up numerous times but he would not overlap him on the wing.

The problem would be that the good young players would never get to play for our 1st team, they would be lured away by the big boys. In your plan we could only spend any income from these players on developing more young players who in turn would be lured away etc etc ad infinitum. So we end up with a team of not quite good enough players, no change there then!

Ok, so taking your argument to the extreme, why do we bother with the present cost of the youth and reserve teams (must be many tens of thousands if you add all the costs including coaches salaries etc)? Why not scrap the whole thing and invest the money on a better quality line up of 20+ pros. The reserves and youth add no value in terms of gates, interest in the club etc....unless a gem happens to come through the ranks but what have they cost us by the time they become first team players.

Fair play to him. I saw his future a s winger which we have a few of (especially if Morais signs and Taylor doesn't go). I would have liked to see him have a full season with us but it's his choice. Personal reasons I can respect that.

Unless he does a dowie and ends up signing for someone like carlisle or trannies

Ok, so taking your argument to the extreme, why do we bother with the present cost of the youth and reserve teams (must be many tens of thousands if you add all the costs including coaches salaries etc)? Why not scrap the whole thing and invest the money on a better quality line up of 20+ pros. The reserves and youth add no value in terms of gates, interest in the club etc....unless a gem happens to come through the ranks but what have they cost us by the time they become first team players.

We did that a few years ago under Shez and it hurt us as the players not in the team didn't get any match action. I would also rather be in League 2 with a good youth team coming through than in the Championship with no youth team and depending on the transfer windows to build a team.

rejecting 2 offers

surely after the first one he would have said its for personal reasons?

ah well, sod off....i mean good luck ;)

Sounds like he's pissed us about why invite us to make an improved offer if it was never about money?, no great loss…. think he'll realise and soon just how expendable left-backs are….

Edited by oafcprozac