It's an interesting way of deflecting attention away from the fact that one of their players has been put on the sex offenders register for hitting on a 12 year old and a 14 year old on Facebook. You've got to give Romanov credit for his imagination.

If, as a 2nd rate top level club in a 3rd rate league, you search in vain for a sugar daddy to compete with the top 2....Then please remember that when you invite Eastern Europes finest investors to take over your club, there may just be an element of 'unlawful dealings'.

Maybe OAFC didn't do too bad with TTA!

This is on par with the paranoid drivel that Celtc normally spout. He is always good for a laugh though is Mad Vlad :grin:

Just watched the youtube set Slurms....absolutely superb!

It's an interesting way of deflecting attention away from the fact that one of their players has been put on the sex offenders register for hitting on a 12 year old and a 14 year old on Facebook. You've got to give Romanov credit for his imagination.

Well it looks like they gave in the witch hunt on that one in the end.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Well it looks like they gave in the witch hunt on that one in the end.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

What....the witch-hunt that forced Hearts to do something about a 20 y.o. who sent pictures of himself with his d--k out to a 12 y.o. who he had known since she was 6!!!

Well done to Hearts, even if it took a great deal of external pressure despite the mad ramblings of Chairman Romanov.

To be fair, whilst I sympathise with regards the 14 year old, 12 oversteps the mark.

As far as I am aware it was all over the internet. I mean seriously, what is that?? He used suggestive words with 12 to 14 year olds from a great distance. For that he was given a fine and put on the infamous sex offenders list next to rapists and pedophiles.

Note that the law didn't judge this case worthy of jail time. He was judged fit enough to serve as a fully functioning member of society, only with the huge social stigma of being known as a "sex offender". And yet this isn't good enough for some people. He must continue to pay for his mistake for the rest of his life, starting with ruining his football career.

Frankly what Lee Hughes did was a billion times more serious, and yet I don't remember the same sense of national outrage occurring when we signed him.

What....the witch-hunt that forced Hearts to do something about a 20 y.o. who sent pictures of himself with his d--k out to a 12 y.o. who he had known since she was 6!!!

Well done to Hearts, even if it took a great deal of external pressure despite the mad ramblings of Chairman Romanov.

Is he a danger to society forever now that he sent a picture of his dick to a 12 year old? Is he not allowed to hold down a job? Must he have his life ruined over this?

I weep for humanity when I see this kind of lack of proportion and perspective. When it comes to sex and/or kids everyone seems to go mental.

Is he a danger to society forever now that he sent a picture of his dick to a 12 year old? Is he not allowed to hold down a job? Must he have his life ruined over this?

I weep for humanity when I see this kind of lack of proportion and perspective. When it comes to sex and/or kids everyone seems to go mental.

Yes, I believe he is a danger. He is known to the family of the 12 y.o. and has offered on several occasions to take her out for a drive.

Yes, I believe he is a danger. He is known to the family of the 12 y.o. and has offered on several occasions to take her out for a drive.

So you think he's going to try that again do you? The judge obviously didn't.

Again, how much of his life should he have to suffer for this?

So you think he's going to try that again do you? The judge obviously didn't.

Again, how much of his life should he have to suffer for this?

PSSS...I think you are in the minority here, people take this sort of "crime" far more seriously than what Lee Hughes did, hence the switchboard at Hearts being inundated with complaints from season ticket holders.

Would you just pass it off so lightly if it was your daughter? And to answer your question, he needs to earn the public's trust.....to let him carry on would have been a form of acceptance.

One radio report from Scotland had a police spokesman stating "it was an early but classic sign of grooming".

Jim Jeffries (Hearts Manager) didn't want him at the club once he found out and told Romanov as much.I think Hearts did the right thing in the end.

PSSS...I think you are in the minority here, people take this sort of "crime" far more seriously than what Lee Hughes did, hence the switchboard at Hearts being inundated with complaints from season ticket holders.

Would you just pass it off so lightly if it was your daughter? And to answer your question, he needs to earn the public's trust.....to let him carry on would have been a form of acceptance.

One radio report from Scotland had a police spokesman stating "it was an early but classic sign of grooming".

Jim Jeffries (Hearts Manager) didn't want him at the club once he found out and told Romanov as much.I think Hearts did the right thing in the end.

The following sentence is the understatement of the century:

I would much prefer to have a stranger send a picture of his dick to my daughter than to have that stranger kill her in a drug induced car crash and flee the scene.

Perspective

to let him carry on would have been a form of acceptance.

Carry on as what? Heaven forbid anyone let a free member of society earn a living is his primary profession. What job would it be "acceptable" for him to do then?

I would much prefer to have a stranger send a picture of his dick to my daughter than to have that stranger kill her in a drug induced car crash and flee the scene.

Perspective

Carry on as what? Heaven forbid anyone let a free member of society earn a living is his primary profession. What job would it be "acceptable" for him to do then?

Hmmm what about the right of the employer who has suffered as a result of the employees actions?

Perspective

You continually make it out to be simply a picture of a bloke with his dick in his hand sent out to 2 girls......the guy was warned about his behaviour 6 months before but chose to ignore those warnings.... he asked one of the girls for sex. We are talking about young girls who will look up to him and, in my opinion, he was abusing his status.

I'm not for one minute condoning what Lee Hughes did, but society views sexual abuse of minors far worse than drink/drug driving.

You're creating a straw man. This has nothing to do with Hughes or his actions. I appreciate you were trying to make an analogy but you've taken it too far now.

You're also greatly underestimating the impact of this man's actions and the effect they will have had on the young girls involved. It's been shown that those abused in this way are more susceptible in the future to mental illness in a variety of forms and will have to live with this - no matter how trivial you make it out to - for the rest of their lives.

You're creating a straw man. This has nothing to do with Hughes or his actions. I appreciate you were trying to make an analogy but you've taken it too far now.

This certainly isn't a straw man. A strawman suggests I was misrepresenting someone's argument by mentioning Hughes. The only reason I brought Hughes into it was that I find the outrage vented between both cases to be ridiculously disproportional.

It's been shown that those abused in this way are more susceptible in the future to mental illness in a variety of forms and will have to live with this - no matter how trivial you make it out to - for the rest of their lives.

Not that it makes much of a difference to my argument, but do you have any sources to back up the claim that a girl in the same situation as the girl/s in this case are more susceptible to mental illness? And I am not making anything out to be trivial, I am merely pointing out that this is has been blown out of all proportion. I am merely pointing out that this man has a right to earn a living and build a career like the rest of us.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

I'm not for one minute condoning what Lee Hughes did, but society views sexual abuse of minors far worse than drink/drug driving.

Well I don't. They're not even remotely in the same ballpark, especially when you consider that Thomson didn't even touch the girls and Hughes killed people.

You give him far too much respect/credit Acks on this issue, he's talking out of his :censored:ing arse.

I can see now that this issue is too emotional for some to carry on this conversation respectfully and rationally. I think I'll quit now.

It's a shame that it's come to this.

Not that it makes much of a difference to my argument, but do you have any sources to back up the claim that a girl in the same situation as the girl/s in this case are more susceptible to mental illness? And I am not making anything out to be trivial, I am merely pointing out that this is has been blown out of all proportion. I am merely pointing out that this man has a right to earn a living and build a career like the rest of us.

I'm on my work laptop and so I can't really go searching for those kinds of topics but I can assure you they exist.