Latics in Ireland?

Greetings fellow Latics survivors...

I stuck a post on the O.A.S.I.S. board but figured I may as well put one here as well.

Living in Dublin now and it's great, it's got it all really and I'm very happy, as I'm sure you're just so pleased to hear.

However, it would make things just perfect if there was some other Latics fans around to help me wind up all the filthy reds, watch any live TV games with and to travel to some games with.

It was hard enough to find Oldham fans when I lived in Manchester but I know you're out there. Somewhere.

Greetings fellow Latics survivors...

I stuck a post on the O.A.S.I.S. board but figured I may as well put one here as well.

Living in Dublin now and it's great, it's got it all really and I'm very happy, as I'm sure you're just so pleased to hear.

However, it would make things just perfect if there was some other Latics fans around to help me wind up all the filthy reds, watch any live TV games with and to travel to some games with.

It was hard enough to find Oldham fans when I lived in Manchester but I know you're out there. Somewhere.

Seamus O'avnofans must still be over there? :Ireland:

:getmecoat:

It's hard enough finding people from Oldham to go games, good to hear that the flag is being flown over there..

Edited by longtimeblue

Does anyone here support an Irish club Diego?

They play on a Friday night here to avoid the GAA and The Premier League, both of which are much more popular. Saying that I wouldn't mind checking some games out but I play six a side on a Friday night so...

Could do some scouting for Latics in future I suppose, once me knees pack in. Still a bit of life in em yet though.

...is the long version of "no", to your question.

There's a Latics fan who owns a building/contracting business in Dublin who flies to a handful of away games, but I can't recall his name. In his 50's I think, danOAFC Derek Wilson or LaticsNik should know who I mean.

Covered on the other thread.

I've sent 'Irish John' a link to Dublin Blue's post.

THere was a group of about 20 came over from Ireland for a game and the craic last season, there was an item on them in the official site. Can't remember if they were from the North or South though. I do remember that we lost, could have been the Southampton game.

THere was a group of about 20 came over from Ireland for a game and the craic last season, there was an item on them in the official site. Can't remember if they were from the North or South though. I do remember that we lost, could have been the Southampton game.

Probably the Linfield lads you're on about. They're U15s or whatever it is come over here and play our lot. Wycombe last season and someone else this season I think…

Other than that, Kelly's family brought around 10-20 for a game.

Edited by SholverBlue

Yup, I'm Irish and based in Dublin - my grandfather was from Oldham and I've inherited his love for Latics via my dad.

I even saw Latics play in Ireland once - went to see them play Cobh Ramblers in Cork in a pre-season friendly.

Last time I went to Boundary Park the bloody match was called off because of a frozen pitch. It was frozen in a part that was in the shadow of a stand (which my friend unhelpfully suggested we should "knock down like we did with the other one").