Car Parking at The Ground 60% Increase?

Wasn't it £3 to park on the official car park last season???

Now its £5??? 60% increase in these tough economic times??? god damn it bloody 'condem' government!

I am buying nothing inside the ground this year or at the club shop in protest. :angry:

Won't be long before the fooking season ticket has car park vouchers in it!!!...wait a minute.......alan........

Now its £5??? 60% increase in these tough economic times??? god damn it bloody 'condem' government!

I am buying nothing inside the ground this year or at the club shop in protest. :angry:

Won't be long before the fooking season ticket has car park vouchers in it!!!...wait a minute.......alan........

Could park away from the ground or walk and save £3? It's only what other clubs charge as it is. It's been cheap to park at BP.

It was a tenner at Swindon! Robbing webbed fingered mutants!

But at grounds like swindon etc theres the space issue our car park is the biggest in the bloody football league lol

We could rent it out on matchdays ffs.lol

£5 to park anywhere in oldham is £5 too much we should give people the petrol money and free parking its the least we could do if they turn up to the sh!t hole we call home.

Must admit, didn't know the Government set car parking prices at BP! God damn those stealthy, thieving Tories etc.

Anyway, I've never paid to park at a Latics game, never had to walk more than ten minutes from my car to the ground either. A better option one might say.

Must admit, didn't know the Government set car parking prices at BP! God damn those stealthy, thieving Tories etc.

Anyway, I've never paid to park at a Latics game, never had to walk more than ten minutes from my car to the ground either. A better option one might say.

That's a bloody good point!

PLUS SIDE: House Prices in Oldham can't be that much surely you could make a saving by moving to sheepfoot lane, petrol money and car parking saved, Christ it could even see a return in 6months.

DOWNSIDE: Its Oldham.

That's a bloody good point!

PLUS SIDE: House Prices in Oldham can't be that much surely you could make a saving by moving to sheepfoot lane, petrol money and car parking saved, Christ it could even see a return in 6months.

DOWNSIDE: Its Oldham.

I'll rephrase for clarity. I park on housing estates nearby, save myself £3 and now, £5.

For further clarity, I absolutely do not live in Oldham.

Why on earth would anyone park on the car park (Apart from away fans who know no better and people due to health reasons). It looks sooooooo stressful trying to get off it at the end of the game. Surely if you go often you can work out a better place to park.

The thing is the car park is never full, but if there are 4,000 people there at 2 cars per person then if charges were dropped to say just a pound then they'd make a fortune.

Might be wrong but am sure that our car park has a max of 1000 spaces for cars at max? I think i read that it's nearer 800 though.. Tbh its probably one of safest places to park if coming to watch Latics even if can be a nightmare to get out off..

Idea for extra revenue for club would be opening it as a car-boot sale site on sunday mornings and charge max of £10 to people who are selling stuff..

Might be wrong but am sure that our car park has a max of 1000 spaces for cars at max? I think i read that it's nearer 800 though.. Tbh its probably one of safest places to park if coming to watch Latics even if can be a nightmare to get out off..

Idea for extra revenue for club would be opening it as a car-boot sale site on sunday mornings and charge max of £10 to people who are selling stuff..

My guess is he was being shall we say "tongue in cheek" I guessed that from when he said 2 cars per person! :lol:

Forget driving, get pissed

Im sure this used to happen years ago, I seem to remember as a young lad that my mam used to run a car boot off Latics, I once got a watch which played a transformer game it was ace

The thing is the car park is never full, but if there are 4,000 people there at 2 cars per person then if charges were dropped to say just a pound then they'd make a fortune.

When everyone else is talking about not parking at BP at all, you are contemplating the idea of taking TWO cars on match days?

I don't know.... Some people clearly have more money than sense!! :grin:

I'll rephrase for clarity. I park on housing estates nearby, save myself £3 and now, £5.

For further clarity, I absolutely do not live in Oldham.

How unselfish - what about local residents who can't near their own homes because of the likes of you ?

You won't have much choice soon but to pay at BP, it's likely the whole surrounding areas will be residents only permit parking.

Lets hope this doesn't happen or we will inevitibly lose a lot more fans than we have already!!!

They used to do that 10 years ago. very good one as well. But The NIMBYS complained