Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton

The first ever professional boxing match I attended. I went to watch Anthonay Farnell and Hatton was on the undercard. Hatton had all the buzz about him then and you knew that by the way he just kept on walking forward like a mini ginger Hearns he would either go straight to the top with a huge fanbase or walk onto too many punches and not have a career at all.

Many exciting nights watching Hatton. His fights always seemed like Oldham away games (except that you were pretty sure he would win most the time). Where you see loads of people you bump into all the time and chat to but don't really know.

There is no shame in only losing to the pound for pound kings of boxing.

Just need them two muppets to finally fight now so we can all die happy knowing who was the best out of Flloyd and Manny.

PS - Shut up Khan, no one wants to watch you fight Mayweather, maybe after he has got it on with the Pac-Man you can have your shot. Not before!

A likeable person and a very very good fighter at light welterweight, will always be very well respected, but in my opinion falls just short of great. I don't think he will be remembered in the same class as De La Hoya, Mayweather or Pac Man.

I think his diet in between fights (ie lots of chippy tea's and lots of binge drinking) let him down badly, and caught up with him towards the end. I also think the Kosta Tszyu fight came a bit too late. He only really got the big fights once he f***ed Frank Warren off.

A likeable person and a very very good fighter at light welterweight, will always be very well respected, but in my opinion falls just short of great. I don't think he will be remembered in the same class as De La Hoya, Mayweather or Pac Man.

He's some way below great for me. His resume isn't all that impressive and he'll more than likely be remembered for his losses rather than his wins.

Never really took to the Hatton bangwagon, I couldn't stand all that "Fan like me 'cause I'm dead humble me", he might have been a quiet humble bloke in his earlier days, but by the time he retired he was milking the image out ridiculously.

I am reliably informed that he and his entourage are a set of utter :censored: when out and about, not lovable rogues. Decent boxer but not close to the highest level.

Translation : When Ricky is out on the tiles with his mates, supping ale, they can be a bit boisterous. Like most lads.

Edited by Yard Dog