New Signings Imminent

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like being positive is there? :wink: Main stander? per chance. Assuming you actually bothered to read the posts. It is at least good we are asking about such players even if NOTHING comes of it. Must be soul destroying trying to run OAFC.

Nowt wrong with the mainstand although the toilets stink of sugarpuffs

Laird wanted to stay in the South East having spent 3 1/2 years at millwall and spent time on loan ST Brentford and Walsall last season. Makes sense him going to orient can't see him wanting to play up here ok he was a kid at city but furthest north he's been since is Stoke and we know how jocks live London anyway....maybe PD did speak to him but I'm thinking he's learning very quickly not to count his chickens until the buggers are pictured on hbe official shaking hands....

I am sure there will be activity in the coming week. U never know it might be like the bus service miss one then three come along all at once. If the rumours are true about a particular striker then all well that ends well.

Laird wanted to stay in the South East having spent 3 1/2 years at millwall and spent time on loan ST Brentford and Walsall last season. Makes sense him going to orient can't see him wanting to play up here ok he was a kid at city but furthest north he's been since is Stoke and we know how jocks live London anyway....maybe PD did speak to him but I'm thinking he's learning very quickly not to count his chickens until the buggers are pictured on hbe official shaking hands....

Really not fussed if we have indeed missed out on Laird. I think the polite way of describing his style is ‘tall & rangy’ but I sway more on the side of ‘doesn’t have full control or know where his legs end; gangly & awkward’.

No great loss – in fact; I’d have pretty disappointed if we’d have signed him in all honesty.

Rotherham United Chairman, Tony Stewart says that the club are open to offers for top striker, Adam Le Fondre.

Alfie, who has been the Millers top scorer for the last two seasons, has turned down an extension to his contract, that runs out at the end of this coming season, saying he wants to play in a higher league. If he goes at the end of the season Rotherham United will get nothing for him prompting Mr Stewart to tell the Yorkshire Post, 'If someone comes along with the right offer we will not stand in his way.

'He turned down a new deal and, if he leaves on a free, considering the amount we`ve invested in him, we lose out.`

The only offer the Millers have had for the twenty-four year old was from Alan Knill at Scunthorpe which was thought to be no where near the £500,000 that Rotherham have valued him at.

Millers Manager, Andy Scott has brought in two new strikers in the close season in Chris Holroyd and Gareth Evans and Tom Pope is still at the club, so the Millers aren`t without forward players.

Rotherham United Chairman, Tony Stewart says that the club are open to offers for top striker, Adam Le Fondre.

Alfie, who has been the Millers top scorer for the last two seasons, has turned down an extension to his contract, that runs out at the end of this coming season, saying he wants to play in a higher league. If he goes at the end of the season Rotherham United will get nothing for him prompting Mr Stewart to tell the Yorkshire Post, 'If someone comes along with the right offer we will not stand in his way.

'He turned down a new deal and, if he leaves on a free, considering the amount we`ve invested in him, we lose out.`

The only offer the Millers have had for the twenty-four year old was from Alan Knill at Scunthorpe which was thought to be no where near the £500,000 that Rotherham have valued him at.

Millers Manager, Andy Scott has brought in two new strikers in the close season in Chris Holroyd and Gareth Evans and Tom Pope is still at the club, so the Millers aren`t without forward players.

Dream land if they think they're gonna get £500k for a guy who can walk for nowt at the end of the season, his value must be decreasing by the day….

I think you could get him at 375,000 the reported fee for Stephens and add extra on the clause i.e if he get 20 league gioals we have to stump up a further 25,000 and throw a 10% sell on clause in there and he is as good as able to talk with u i think

Won't be coming here then, by the time Bury have had their cut, we've given the agent, player and FL their percentages (standard procedure on all transfers) we'll have cleared not much over £250k. If Rotherham want anything over about £80k we're out of the running...

Morais' mate Benji is off to Orient 'n' all.

The fact it had gone oh-so quiet on him; I guessed we were looking elsewhere. Strange that; considering he was here for what must have been the longest trial ever.

For the game I saw him play in; I thought he could have added something different to us; attacking options wise; but I wasnt convinced he was the 15+ a season striker we need......his touch and dribbling with the ball were actually pretty great; but not sure he got into the right areas to be considered an 'outright' striker (piss-poor penalty miss too!)

N>B watch him go and get 20+ for the O's now I've posted that :blush: