Quiet on here today

Still need 1 centre back, 1 left back, two central midfielders and a striker

We're fine with centre back atm. We have M'voto, Diamond, Tarky and Carr, if any injuries, then loan signing would come in, so we're covered for there.

Agree about CM, need another starter with Furman, then a back-up, and another striker.

When pre-season started it was said Dickov was looking for a squad around 22/23 players. We've got 20 players currently so really only another 3 spaces available at most.

I don't think we'll be signing another keeper unless we find a gem out there. Cisak and Gerrard will have to do, bring a keeper in on loan should either be injured.

All we're missing in defence is a backup left-back, Euan Holden will probably be signed for that role.

Fine for wingers/wide-midfielders but could do with someone to partner Furman in the middle.

Upfront we've got 4 strikers but none looking likely to bag even a few. Probably sign the lad from QPR or a season-long loan.

I think Josh Parker and Euan Holden will both sign this week and maybe the small tanned midfielder who played at Mossley, after that i think it will be loan signings which will prob come the week before the season starts. Prob a center back, midfielder and a striker but still think we need some experience.

I think Josh Parker and Euan Holden will both sign this week and maybe the small tanned midfielder who played at Mossley, after that i think it will be loan signings which will prob come the week before the season starts. Prob a center back, midfielder and a striker but still think we need some experience.

I don't think a CB in on loan jut to sit on the bench. Small tanned lad is the lad from real Madrid C team.

Do need another striker though.

I don't think a CB in on loan jut to sit on the bench. Small tanned lad is the lad from real Madrid C team.

Do need another striker though.

Think we need cover for Mvoto and Diamond till Tarky is back, i wouldnt be confident with just Carr as back up for the first month or so.

Think we need cover for Mvoto and Diamond till Tarky is back, i wouldnt be confident with just Carr as back up for the first month or so.

Yeah I understand that mate, but what I am saying is it will be difficult for us to get a loan CB in for them just to sit on the bench.

I hope we use the loans in the season for cover unless someone really good (like a gregan) becomes available rather than buggering about with the squad with the likes of white. We can afford to be light on squad cover in a few positions to deal with injuries, we need quality in the first 18 or so.

I don't think we'll bring in a centre-back in unless M'Voto or Diamond get injured before a game. We've got Carr who I'm sure can do a job at the back and we've got Matt Smith who could always be pushed into defence if needed during a game.

We're fine with centre back atm. We have M'voto, Diamond, Tarky and Carr, if any injuries, then loan signing would come in, so we're covered for there.

Agree about CM, need another starter with Furman, then a back-up, and another striker.

Given that M'Voto and Diamond have had their injury problems in recent years (and that Tarky is currently out), I do believe getting an extra CB is essential. However, if that CB can also play LB then we can kill two birds with one stone.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Given that M'Voto and Diamond have had their injury problems in recent years (and that Tarky is currently out), I do believe getting an extra CB is essential. However, if that CB can also play LB we can kill two birds with one stone.

M'Voto and Diamond aren't injured now so we don't need to bring a centre-back in.

M'Voto and Diamond aren't injured now so we don't need to bring a centre-back in.

And how exactly are we going to get the right kind of player in at short notice if anything happens to one of these players or both at the same time (not forgetting the inevitable suspensions)?

There is a reason why Dickov signed Trotman and Todd at various stages of last season. He always wanted at least one experienced backup to such a crucial area of the team. I'll be surprised if he changes this policy now (especially given what he said about needing more quality backup in the squad)

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

And how exactly are we going to get the right kind of player in at short notice if anything happens to one of these players or both at the same time (not forgetting the inevitable suspensions)?

There is a reason why Dickov signed Trotman and Todd at various stages of last season. He always wanted at least one experienced backup to such a crucial area of the team. I'll be surprised if he changes this policy now (especially given what he said about needing more quality backup in the squad)

Dickov is going for a smaller squad with more quality.

We've got Tarkowski and Carr as backup already. If M'Voto or Diamond are injured/suspended along with Tarkowski then that's the time to bring a player in on loan. Throughout the season Dickov and Taggart should be always looking at possible players to bring in and when the times comes bring that player in.

Bring someone in now and there's a high chance all this player will be doing is warming the bench and playing the odd reserve game, a waste of a wage when we already have players in the squad doing that now.