Warren Feeney

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Feeney turns out (rather than actually plays, according to Prozac) today for the ressies, but didn't make last night's squad because of a virus according to the Rarely Wrong. Hmmmm. I assume that the virus was PD telling him he was expected to aim for the onion bag and the thought of it made him feel sick.

If the Rarely Wrong is right and we're maybe going for Robbie Simpson (prolific until he went to Coventry), surely that puts the Norn Iron waste of a wage even further down the list.

I obviously don't see as much of him as most, but you can't all be wrong. When, if ever, is he going to show that he can actually play?

is says it all when he gets called up to an NI squad and I am actually glad, simply for the reason that he won't have the opportunity to enter the field of play and slow our attacks down to walking pace and allow us to effectively play with 10 men.

A matter of time before he goes, i just hope it is soon.

The sad thing is; I'm not sure it is a matter of time before he goes.......I get the horrible feeling we're lumbered with him until next June.

I mean come on; we've had a shocker in signing him - who in their right minds is going to come in & take him off us now; on his current "form"????

The sad thing is; I'm not sure it is a matter of time before he goes.......I get the horrible feeling we're lumbered with him until next June.

I mean come on; we've had a shocker in signing him - who in their right minds is going to come in & take him off us now; on his current "form"????

Maybe Corney should take the Rochdale chairman out for a few drinks ....

I think we need to get off his back and give the lad another chance he has said in the Chron, he has had a shocker last season and wants the fans to get behind him and he will prove himself this season.. he's scored a fair few goals at his previous clubs give him another crack of the whip

TEAM FEENEY :Northern_Ireland:

Hi Warren :chubb:

Feeney not in the squad today according to OS.. Possibly moving?

dickov doesnt rate him,probably lost patience with him and doesnt fit into his plans anymore,only trouble is he is on a 2 year contract,and to be honest i can see him sitting it out and turning out for ni as and when required....thought keigan parker was bad but feeney just takes the piss....mo time for him now.

Surely, the pre-season has shown that we manage perfectly well without Feeney. Can anyone honestly say we've missed him these last few games? Cut our losses now, let him go and pay off the contract. I'd rather we did that than pay the lazy, idle sod to warm the bench and keep buggering off with Norn Iron every few weeks.

Ok, so he has been released or is going to be released and without a club, rather than leaving us to join someone else?

Just guesswork on my part, Carl. I just can't imagine any club going for him unless a fair bit lower down the football pyramid.

I asked a club official if Feeney was here and watching his words said that "there'll be news on Monday and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out".

It's looking good.

So, they're giving him a new 3 year contract and he starts on Saturday. :grin::getmecoat:

If true, sounds like PD has had enough. Thanks for nowt, Warren.