Attendance!

There looked more than that to me, but it was no surprise given the game on Sat. And the fact we got Dale a week on Saturday that is £40 quid for non-season ticket holders in 2 weeks, and many season ticket holders will refuse to pay £18 for a cup game.

Can someone explain the difference between a league and a cup game and how that affects the price/value of a game? Is it that we are just used to paying less for cup games?

Happy just under 1800 turned up as it was feared it would be lower. The club will have made more revenue out of this than if they had reduced the prices further.

Low crowd but positive atmosphere

All three substituted players getting applauded in the warm downs

Only bit of moaning I heard was someone having a go at Reid at the end of the first half (one of his best halves in an Oldham shirt :lol: )

And I say this having been sat in the Main Stand :shock:

Can someone explain the difference between a league and a cup game and how that affects the price/value of a game? Is it that we are just used to paying less for cup games?

Happy just under 1800 turned up as it was feared it would be lower. The club will have made more revenue out of this than if they had reduced the prices further.

It's about takings really. I'll guess wildly, but I think it goes:

Profit from game: 25% to association, 37.5% to home/away side in cup

90% home 10% away in league. <-- Not sure about this. It's how it was 25 years ago.

NB. Note it doesn't work for losses. So we have to pay out tens of thousands for every home JPT draw on our own.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

There was one idiot behind me thinking he was clever; shouting various things like "bring on Feeney" and when Morias and Taylor changed wings referred to Dickov as Penney.

I said to a Mate sarcastically "We should sign that Plymouth ace, What's his name?... Feeney..." But I certainly didn't (And would never) refer to Dickov as Penney :lol:

Where was you sat?

And and that JPT game was Kids in free, Adults a tenner which will have a huge impact on attendence whereas this was £18 and £11 for Concessions. It isn't a surprise really, if the prices had been similar then I reckon it'd be closer to the 3K mark than the 1K mark.

Edited by SholverBlue