3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

Seriously, no goals in open play in 3 games is shocking. Yeovil away and we can't even get 1! He needs to go now. One of the smallest squads in the league, his own doing, and now Furman is out (sounds like the season) we're in deep trouble and it's only 2 league games gone! For all of you about to reply it'll come good just need time, he's had plenty of time to get it right and I'm still not seeing it.

Can I also predict the post match interview, Dickov blames the team for not keeping shape and not doing the basic things right. He says it every time we lose. I'm sick of his excuses and always blaming the players for his complete lack of managerial nouse, get rid now before it's too late!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, no goals in open play in 3 games is shocking. Yeovil away and we can't even get 1! He needs to go now. One of the smallest squads in the league, his own doing, and now Furman is out (sounds like the season) we're in deep trouble and it's only 2 league games gone! For all of you about to reply it'll come good just need time, he's had plenty of time to get it right and I'm still not seeing it.

Can I also predict the post match interview, Dickov blames the team for not keeping shape and not doing the basic things right. He says it every time we lose. I'm sick of his excuses and always blaming the players for his complete lack of managerial nouse, get rid now before it's too late!

give the guy a chance. two games into league ffs

so you suggest sacking a young manager after 2 league games and who do we get in? where does the money come from sacking him? we've lost, but come on, do you really support oldham?

Cue all the idiots!

2 matches in................... we have no money!

so you suggest sacking a young manager after 2 league games and who do we get in? where does the money come from sacking him? we've lost, but come on, do you really support oldham?

exactly.. the guy contradicts himself.. two games in but in deep trouble? wtf? give dickov to november at least before we start callin for his head if we still doin :censored:e

:petesake:

weren't saying that when we outplayed and beat Huddersfield and thrashing Hartlepool 4-0 at BP.

Shut the hell up - it's idiots like you who ruin football in general just like society 'now now now' - took Royle and Fergie years to build their legacies - god help them if you'd been around thwn spouting the same :censored:e.

Low budget = low standard of player = FACT - NOT Dickov's choosing - of course for his budget he is looking for the best quality that is what anyone would do.

All in all not too bad a squad, but we need 2-3 creative types on loans from prem clubs and I am sure we will get them.

KTF or feck off :ranting:

Edited by shefflatic

Plank

It's not just 2 league games for him, he had all last season as well and we finished a lot lower than we should have done. If you say it was due to injuries, he's then decided this season to get quote 'a smaller squad with better quality'. In other words the average wage is probably higher than last year and the players aren't even better! How can you say that is good management?

It's not just 2 league games for him, he had all last season as well and we finished a lot lower than we should have done. If you say it was due to injuries, he's then decided this season to get quote 'a smaller squad with better quality'. In other words the average wage is probably higher than last year and the players aren't even better! How can you say that is good management?

its two games in ffs, we've got even lower budget than last year, wtf do you expect? by sounds of it we've been messed about by strikers - donaldsons agent wanting ££££££, porter agreein to rejoin then joins sheff utd.. some stiker atm messin us about.. give dickov until november earliest!

Can't believe anyobdy's taking the OP on.

That said, if you have limited resources you need your selections to fight for everything.

No idea if that happened today, but I didn't see it against Sheffield Utd or Carlisle.

That's something the manager needs to change - attitude, spirit, commitment to the cause, battling qualities. Add striker to that and some overlapping full backs and we're dangerous again.

Edited by opinions4u

To be fair dickov is still learning his trade.

IM afraid the problems at this club lie higher up than PD.

Theres no dosh and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where the VAST majority of the lump offered up by OMBC for lanaster is going to go,does it?

the fact is there is no invesment on offer from the owner(s) and there is simply no-one out there prepared to invest in this club.

In short,its a sinking ship.Thats dealing in facts not being pessimistic.

PS be lucky if there is 3500 home fans next home game FACTAMONDO

weren't saying that when we outplayed and beat Huddersfield and thrashing Hartlepool 4-0 at BP.

Shut the hell up - it's idiots like you who ruin football in general just like society 'now now now' - took Royle and Fergie years to build their legacies - god help them if you'd been around thwn spouting the same :censored:e.

Low budget = low standard of player = FACT - NOT Dickov's choosing - of course for his budget he is looking for the best quality that is what anyone would do.

All in all not too bad a squad, but we need 2-3 creative types on loans from prem clubs and I am sure we will get them.

KTF or feck off :ranting:

'All in all not too bad a squad, but we need 2-3 creative types on loans from prem clubs and I am sure we will get them.'

So where are these coming from then? 2 or 3, who's coming out of the starting line up to accomodate them? Smith, Morais, Taylor, Wes? You might as well say the team's not god enough. Taylor and Morais should be more than good enough to create chances in this league, a manager who had tactical know how would be able to get it from them.

Can't believe anyobdy's taking the OP on.

That said, if you have limited resources you need your selections to fight for everything.

No idea if that happened today, but I didn't see it against Sheffield Utd or Carlisle.

That's something the manager needs to change - attitude, spirit, commitment to the cause, battling qualities.

decent players im affraid...thats the answer....3 new ones at least needed before window shuts....going to be a very long season otherwise....

far far far too early to even suggest dickov out....but he needs to do something quick before the doom merchants hound him out......why cant we score from open play???

Oh ffs I'm worried about relegation and I really fear for the season, but anyone with any sense can see that PD is trying to build something. One thing I'm glad about, though, is I read idiot poster like you and mainstandmoaner on Twitter and I instantly feel better. I feel better because as much as I fear relegation, I know that I am nowhere as thick as some when it comes to some 'football fans'.

Chances are my fear and worries will lessen slightly over the next few days, but unless come November we are still where we are now we have the right man, now support the team instead of trolling.

To be honest, I don't blame Dickov for our current plight. He is a good manager at a badly runned club. He has been given no money to invest in the team.

He has had to cut his cloth accordingly.

Strikers who can find the net, outside the penalty spot don't come cheap!

If you want to vent your frustration, email Hardy and co!

To be fair dickov is still learning his trade.

IM afraid the problems at this club lie higher up than PD.

Theres no dosh and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where the VAST majority of the lump offered up by OMBC for lanaster is going to go,does it?

the fact is there is no invesment on offer from the owner(s) and there is simply no-one out there prepared to invest in this club.

In short,its a sinking ship.Thats dealing in facts not being pessimistic.

PS be lucky if there is 3500 home fans next home game FACTAMONDO

And going by your past you'll be taking great delight in that

To be honest, I don't blame Dickov for our current plight. He is a good manager at a badly runned club. He has been given no money to invest in the team.

GREAT post!!!

bit hard to judge after 3 gamees.

Is cisak better than Brill - on what ive seen probably

is Dimond better Hazell - probably.

Is Black better than evina - probably not (just because he cant go forward and doesnt have Evinas turn of pace) but he can do a job at this level.

Is lund better than stephens - too early to tell he might come good it took stephens awhile

We lack squad depth but im sure we will be able to pull ourselves up to mid table by seasons end. This start is worrying but there is a hell of a lot of football to be played before the seasons end. Lets lay of the sack dickov posts get behind the team and see if they cant pull a few wins out. Far to early for anyone to be sacked - if we are bottom or near bottom by xmas then look at things not 2 games in

'All in all not too bad a squad, but we need 2-3 creative types on loans from prem clubs and I am sure we will get them.'

So where are these coming from then? 2 or 3, who's coming out of the starting line up to accomodate them? Smith, Morais, Taylor, Wes? You might as well say the team's not god enough. Taylor and Morais should be more than good enough to create chances in this league, a manager who had tactical know how would be able to get it from them.

Black can come out, so can Lund and Taylor for me.

A solid left back, tougher passer to slot with Wes/Furman and an end-product left winger - interchnage Taylor and Morais on the RW.

The poor strikers are feeding on scraps and need feeding with through balls and whipped crosses - we are SOOOOO predictable: pass to lee, back to diamond, back to lee, to morais, back to lee, to lund, back to black, to taylor....taylor loses the ball, back to...and so on - never any forward umph or threat about us; tippy tappy but not getting anywhere or being a threat.

PD is the right man for me no question - we are THAT close ( a couple or 3 additions) from having a faily decent overall 16 and the kids as back up - i am sure in the remaining 2 and a bit weeks PD will get loans in; no way is he naive enough to think we are OK - if we're not i doubt he is

Edited by shefflatic

we're not a badly run club though, the owners just arent saying yea we'll spend 90% or more of turnover on wages

yeah we're losing money each year, but we're in a better situation than other clubs

we're not a badly run club though, the owners just arent saying yea we'll spend 90% or more of turnover on wages

yeah we're losing money each year, but we're in a better situation than other clubs

But in the same respect, this is same board who said in the summer, firstly we won't be selling our top players on the cheap and the money on the players sold will be spent on buying new players.

What happened to that then?(probably all used to pay off Feeney)

Oh ffs I'm worried about relegation and I really fear for the season, but anyone with any sense can see that PD is trying to build something. One thing I'm glad about, though, is I read idiot poster like you and mainstandmoaner on Twitter and I instantly feel better. I feel better because as much as I fear relegation, I know that I am nowhere as thick as some when it comes to some 'football fans'.

Chances are my fear and worries will lessen slightly over the next few days, but unless come November we are still where we are now we have the right man, now support the team instead of trolling.

Well I'm surprised people these days measure their IQ against posts on internet message boards! How long does a genius like yourself want to give a new manager to get it right?