3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

Agree with the majority of the post but I certainly wouldn't have complained with us being 2 or 3 down at half time either. They cut through us a lot and if not for last ditch tackles/good saves by Cisak/luck they could've been out of sight.

think you miss read Bristol's post there, he said if we had gone in 2 or 3 up at HT not 2 or 3 down

Edited by RobOAFC

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think you miss read Bristol's post there, he said if we had gone in 2 or 3 up at HT not 2 or 3 down

Nope, understood it. What I meant was that while we could have been 2 or 3 up if we have taken our chances (as Bristol said) we could have also been 2 or 3 down as well if they had taken theirs.

Crazy post Lee. You organise and do a walk of 40 miles to support the club then a week later post above. Doesnt add up???? If latics did go down we might never get back again thats the harsh reality of football at the moment. Plenty of clubs have thought it cant happen to them.

The feeling of "there for the grace of God ..." while watching some vague channel on Sky and seeing Stockport play away at Forest Green Rovers on Friday night was palpable. While they've never been a big club it's only a decade or so ago that they finished a couple of points outside the play-off spots that could have seen them promoted to the Premiership. It's less than 3 years since they gave top of the league Latics a second half mullering at Edgeley Park.

While it was quite interesting to watch their tenacious midfielder Sam Sheridan (nephew of John) take a grip of the game in the second half, I really don't want to be watching Oldham Athletic play non-league football in a couple of years.

But the way Latics fans have desserted the club over the last couple of seasons suggests that there's unlikely to be an easy way back if relegation happens.

While Lee might be suffering from some sort of bi-polar disorder between what he does and what he says, the bet means nothing. £600ish is nothing in the great scheme of life. A match programme for 9 seasons. A half time meal deal for 6 seasons. A pint a day for 9 months. A few litres of petrol. Latics is worth so much more than that.

Unless you posted this by mobile phone, at 4:51pm, before the game had even finished, I can only assume that you weren't there today. Which means that you've nothing concrete to go on, unless you got to BP for the first two games. If you did go to those two, then you are basing your opinions on a maximum of 2 games.

And before you get hot under the collar, mumbling on about the 2nd half of last season, that doesn't count in my eyes. This is a new season, minus Brill, Stephens, Tounkara, Evina, Feeney, et al, with the introduction of Cisak, Diamond, Wesolowski, Smith, Lund & Parker. Now we've had to adapt without Furball.

There were, although I doubt you will believe it because your tiny mind's made up, some good periods for Latics today. A number of moves cut Yeovil open with swift passing and players interchanging. Reid, who worked his Niagaras off all afternoon, could have had us 1 up in the first minute. Smith should have scored from a cracking Black cross instead of heading over. Wesolowski made a terrific run second half ending with a cross that we couldn't get on the end of. Shots were blocked and, yes, we made mistakes as well.

If we had been mullered, I'd be worried, but we weren't. If we had gone in 2 or 3 up at half time, no-one could have complained.

Dickov is not a happy man. He is still learning his trade and sees things going wrong. He wants to put them right, but has his hands tied to a certain degree. We don't have any money, so you get the best you can with what you've got. If the best still isn't good enough, you do without it. You don't sign players for the sake of it.

You obviously think that this can't be turned round in 44 games. I'd love to stick you in the manager's chair to see what your solutions would be, because as far as I can see, you've not offered anything constructive. Destructive criticism is a doddle. A 5 year old child can do that. Constructive is something else.

So, you're now the manager. You've got sod all money, can't offer huge wages, a small squad. Of the three players you really wanted, one changed his mind and pissed off to Sheff Utd, one is haggling and dragging his feet, one won't come because his club want megabucks. You have no time at all to try to sort the problem out because some dickhead is winding up genuine supporters to get rid of you. What are you going to do now?

Tell you one thing you have done. Driving back from the game today, we were discussing how long it would be before some numpty started off a thread like this one. You have exceeded all expectations by several hours. Never mind, given that you appear to live in Lincolnshire, you could always pop along to Sunny Scunny on Tuesday night and produce an in depth, informative match report.

I wait with bated breath.

:applause1: Absolutely spot on for me!

I don't get you,you walk from Sheffield to Oldham but put money on your team to go down,plus I seem to remember you saying you weren't coming to any games this season

I'll be going rochdale at home,then thats it, wont be back to watch latics again. Last season alone i spent just short of £6,000 following latics home and away, for what? dissapointment? rather not to be honest and for that id rather go get a ST for a PL team and not be dissapointed.

Do Premier League "fans" not suffer disappointment too?

While I would normally try to persuade the disaffected to stay, just :censored: off and go and watch your Premiership nancy boys.

I will do thank you very much.Yeah they do suffer disappointment but its still quailty football. Why spend that so much watching latics put in :censored:e performances week in week out in a :censored: hole of a ground with no atmosphere? hmm like i spend id rather spend £700 on a st at a PL club than Just short of £6,000 watching a bunch of :censored: footballers.

Unless you posted this by mobile phone, at 4:51pm, before the game had even finished, I can only assume that you weren't there today. Which means that you've nothing concrete to go on, unless you got to BP for the first two games. If you did go to those two, then you are basing your opinions on a maximum of 2 games.

And before you get hot under the collar, mumbling on about the 2nd half of last season, that doesn't count in my eyes. This is a new season, minus Brill, Stephens, Tounkara, Evina, Feeney, et al, with the introduction of Cisak, Diamond, Wesolowski, Smith, Lund & Parker. Now we've had to adapt without Furball.

There were, although I doubt you will believe it because your tiny mind's made up, some good periods for Latics today. A number of moves cut Yeovil open with swift passing and players interchanging. Reid, who worked his Niagaras off all afternoon, could have had us 1 up in the first minute. Smith should have scored from a cracking Black cross instead of heading over. Wesolowski made a terrific run second half ending with a cross that we couldn't get on the end of. Shots were blocked and, yes, we made mistakes as well.

If we had been mullered, I'd be worried, but we weren't. If we had gone in 2 or 3 up at half time, no-one could have complained.

Dickov is not a happy man. He is still learning his trade and sees things going wrong. He wants to put them right, but has his hands tied to a certain degree. We don't have any money, so you get the best you can with what you've got. If the best still isn't good enough, you do without it. You don't sign players for the sake of it.

You obviously think that this can't be turned round in 44 games. I'd love to stick you in the manager's chair to see what your solutions would be, because as far as I can see, you've not offered anything constructive. Destructive criticism is a doddle. A 5 year old child can do that. Constructive is something else.

So, you're now the manager. You've got sod all money, can't offer huge wages, a small squad. Of the three players you really wanted, one changed his mind and pissed off to Sheff Utd, one is haggling and dragging his feet, one won't come because his club want megabucks. You have no time at all to try to sort the problem out because some dickhead is winding up genuine supporters to get rid of you. What are you going to do now?

Tell you one thing you have done. Driving back from the game today, we were discussing how long it would be before some numpty started off a thread like this one. You have exceeded all expectations by several hours. Never mind, given that you appear to live in Lincolnshire, you could always pop along to Sunny Scunny on Tuesday night and produce an in depth, informative match report.

I wait with bated breath.

Do you people only read the last post in an entire thread? You've asked several questions here that I've already answered from previous idiots who regurgitate the same thing over and over again. You keep referring to a small squad, this is Dickov's decision. He's come out saying he wants a smaller squad with better quality, in other words he wants to have higher average wage on better players. Only thing is he has't got any. Diamond looks good and an upgrade from Hazell in my opinion but other than that we've gone backwards. He's signed Parker who has yet to score a goal in any professional game and Dickov said he was going to give us 'extra fire power'. Are you lot complete morons? Why can't you see he doens't know what he's doing!

Last season he signed endless players on short term deals who we never saw, all money down the drain. Then you lot complain about lack of funding. All teams who have got anywhere in this league have done it by cherry picking the lower leagues and this one for proven players that don't make headlines but do a job. Dickov signs inexperienced players and complains they show naivety. I was all for giving him time last year to learn from his mistakes but what I see is a stubborn guy who isn't going to admit he's wrong and change what he's doing, hence we need to get rid!

Do you people only read the last post in an entire thread? You've asked several questions here that I've already answered from previous idiots who regurgitate the same thing over and over again. You keep referring to a small squad, this is Dickov's decision. He's come out saying he wants a smaller squad with better quality, in other words he wants to have higher average wage on better players. Only thing is he has't got any. Diamond looks good and an upgrade from Hazell in my opinion but other than that we've gone backwards. He's signed Parker who has yet to score a goal in any professional game and Dickov said he was going to give us 'extra fire power'. Are you lot complete morons? Why can't you see he doens't know what he's doing!

Last season he signed endless players on short term deals who we never saw, all money down the drain. Then you lot complain about lack of funding. All teams who have got anywhere in this league have done it by cherry picking the lower leagues and this one for proven players that don't make headlines but do a job. Dickov signs inexperienced players and complains they show naivety. I was all for giving him time last year to learn from his mistakes but what I see is a stubborn guy who isn't going to admit he's wrong and change what he's doing, hence we need to get rid!

I have to agree he has shown little signs of being a good manager. The backing means we are signing fourth division players, and when you do that there's only one place you finish up.

However, I'm a great believer in giving managers (at least) three years. We'ved sacked/lost every manager since Royle too early and I hope we learn our lesson and keep some stability at the club by sticking by Dickov. Otherwise it's just another manager managing a broke club with players he doesn't want.

I'll be going rochdale at home,then thats it, wont be back to watch latics again. Last season alone i spent just short of £6,000 following latics home and away, for what? dissapointment? rather not to be honest and for that id rather go get a ST for a PL team and not be dissapointed.

6000?

Is that the alcoholism or the gambling.

I'd have a go at him for it, but glass houses and all that. Still a quality manager.

Glass houses, are you suggesting Im an alcoholic or gambling addcit?.

Can you just clarify your point.

Good points well made. It seems many do only read the last pages, unfortunately.

Wow reading this thread, anyone would think we were bottom of league 2 after 30+ games. It is August and seeing as we play football and not rugby it means this is the start of the season, some of this posts are just for attention. It wasn't that long ago that Laticslee was complaining about his low rating on here, his posts on this thread ain't going to improve that. Slothdude has gone the way of insulting those who disagree with his posts, he may argue others did it first (me included) but I think most would agree that his seem to be those of a petulant little kid. Spending 6K on footy a season could lead anyone to become disinfranchised if we don't win, but slothdude how much did you spend on Latics?

I would argue that slothdude may not even support the club and are in fact just a knob looking to cause people to argue online, have an opionion share it even but please stop believing that because your negative you are better. It is rather annoying and pathetic.

After skim reading some of this thread I want to give my opinion on a couple of points!

1/ IF we go down, and on present form this seems realistic, we will struggle to ever come back up again. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves! Attendances will, believe it or not, drop still further. Consequently, the budget will be cut and the quality of player we are able to sign will drop still further! We MUST stay in this league at all costs untill additional revenue streams kick in! That is the best case scenario, the Championship is just a pipe dream at the moment!

2/ All of this talk about players bedding in being given time to gel I don't neccesarily agree with! Players are playing in their favoured positions, so we are not asking them to be outside their comfort zone! They SHOULD be able to perform from the off! Other teams are doing it so why not us!? The logical conclusion is either the player scan't perform well at this level, or they simply do not have the mental capacity/motivation to do so.

Eitherway, this all very worrying :(

Edited by laticsmad