According the Dep Sports Editor at the local Scunny paper. He says the fee would have been in the region of £150k plus add ons. Was he actually offered a contract by Real, as it seems to be restricting his ablility to get a job now?

If this fee request is true then i really feel sorry for the lad. How can a club that size and that filthy rich demand a fee that is obviosuly restrictive for the type of club he's able to attract. what total greedy arseholes. This lad's future is on the line and they want what is by their standards small change.

Well, they've done it now. I'm going to support Barca from now on :ranting: That'll shame 'em.

But that's the problem - they couldn't care less. The power these top clubs now have is ridiculous.

It's a bloody shame for him, when he has clubs who want to sign him and is never in a million years going to be in Real's plans.

How is it that Madrid want and expect a fee for him, when he is out of contract? (if he is out of contract)

I thought that if you go abroad, ala Chris Porter, then there is no transfer fee involved.

Either he's under contract and they are entitled to ask for a fee or he is out of contract and can move abroad on a free. What is different here?

How is it that Madrid want and expect a fee for him, when he is out of contract? (if he is out of contract)

I thought that if you go abroad, ala Chris Porter, then there is no transfer fee involved.

Either he's under contract and they are entitled to ask for a fee or he is out of contract and can move abroad on a free. What is different here?

I could be wrong but I think it might be something to do with age and the fact he's younger than Porter was when he went north.

I could be wrong but I think it might be something to do with age and the fact he's younger than Porter was when he went north.

I think you are wrong Steve, not necessarily with his age, but the fact that Porter was also under 24, which is the age limit for getting "compensation" for a young player if he moves within his own country. The same rules also applied when we were screwed by Chris Makin Going to Marseille. It is also similar to when Fabregas left Barca to join Arsenal on a free at 16, despite him being brought through Barca's acadamy.

Basically, out of contract - move abroad - free transfer.

Madrid must have some sort of option clause that ties Fernandez to them.

I think you are wrong Steve, not necessarily with his age, but the fact that Porter was also under 24, which is the age limit for getting "compensation" for a young player if he moves within his own country. The same rules also applied when we were screwed by Chris Makin Going to Marseille. It is also similar to when Fabregas left Barca to join Arsenal on a free at 16, despite him being brought through Barca's acadamy.

Yeah Porter was young enough for compo if moved to a UK club, but too old for compo if moved to another country inc Scotland.

According the the Fifa rules (as I read em) a player is judged to still be in training up to the age of 23. If a player moves and is still in contract, a solidarity payment is due to be made from the acquiring club to the selling club.

If the player is out of contract, a soidarity payment is not due but training compensation is.

According the the Fifa rules (as I read em) a player is judged to still be in training up to the age of 23. If a player moves and is still in contract, a solidarity payment is due to be made from the acquiring club to the selling club.

If the player is out of contract, a soidarity payment is not due but training compensation is.

that is the stumbling box. they want a fee for the fact that they have trained him

Barca actually got around £2.5m for Fabregas when he moved to them in 2003

Yes, seems rediculous though if they don't want him and would seem to put him into a similarish state to a Mr Bosman.

Bit lik Norwich with Cody. They haven't included him in their 25 man squad so don't want him, yet are pricing him out of a move and appear not to want to loan him out?

If this fee request is true then i really feel sorry for the lad. How can a club that size and that filthy rich demand a fee that is obviosuly restrictive for the type of club he's able to attract. what total greedy arseholes. This lad's future is on the line and they want what is by their standards small change.

Well, they've done it now. I'm going to support Barca from now on :ranting: That'll shame 'em.

But that's the problem - they couldn't care less. The power these top clubs now have is ridiculous.

A club like RM should be helping young players move on, to do them a favour rather than standing in their way. Arsenal could have charged us a fee for Evina but didn't and Marseille could have charged us for Diallo but haven't.