Latique

rickoldham27

Bring back the genius that was 'Latique'?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. The shop is now simply called the Latics - maybe the club would bring back the name if enough people wanted it!?

• Yeah man, bring back Latique - the word play alone is phenomenal!
    • Nah - what a crap name dude! Lets make a new one.
    • Move on lad! Change is good!

The shop is now just called 'The Latics'. My 2 year old brother could have come up with something better than that. I used to chuckle every time I walked into the famed 'Latique' shop. Lets get together people and if we get enough votes maybe the moderators will feed this back to the club. Come on people, let's rise up and fight the powers that be. Martin Luther King once had a dream now here's mine. :grin: Join me in my quest.

Edited by rickoldham27

Nah, The Latics is a much better name. Latique was always a bit cringey :blink: !

Leave it as it is! If it aint broke.....

Listen Mads it wasn't broke when it was like a box room and was run by 2 old blokes who both smoked a pipe and therefore everything you bought had that pipe smoke aroma, but they just had to mess with it, bring back the tiny shop and the 2 old blokes I say.

Change is badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd !

Guest oa_exile
Listen Mads it wasn't broke when it was like a box room and was run by 2 old blokes who both smoked a pipe and therefore everything you bought had that pipe smoke aroma, but they just had to mess with it, bring back the tiny shop and the 2 old blokes I say.

Change is badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd !

lol :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Spot-on, I always thought Latique was a dreadful name. Saying that, "The Latics" ain't much better.....

lol :grin: Maybe "Tic's Shop" ? <_< ...........shocking ^_^

Cringey!? Why, I'll.......

How can you say it would be cringey? I can see it now.......

I think it's very 'cosmopolitan! :grin:

Hardy will be scouring his suppliers for 4000 packets of waterproof blue crayons...

The shop is now just called 'The Latics'. My 2 year old brother could have come up with something better than that. I used to chuckle every time I walked into the famed 'Latique' shop. Lets get together people and if we get enough votes maybe the moderators will feed this back to the club. Come on people, let's rise up and fight the powers that be. Martin Luther King once had a dream now here's mine. :grin: Join me in my quest.

i still call it last week didn't even realised it had changed really till las Monday when in the queue.. Think you might of been behind me cos the guy started talkin about this

Guest sheridans_world
Cringey!? Why, I'll.......

How can you say it would be cringey? I can see it now.......

I think it's very 'cosmopolitan! :grin:

I liked the tangerine background more.......

Guest sheridans_world
I use 'Tics' instead of latics. "You goin Tics this weekend?" for example.

Occasionally

We had a thread about this, someone said it made us sound like we were actual 'tic's as in the little annoying things you get when you dont have a wash for weeks on end....

ok story time before I hit the sack.

Many years ago, well in the 60's, the Cron ran a comp for its readers to give the new Latics store a name. Now at the time Georgie Best and beattle mania was at its prime and everyone shopped at all the trendy boutiques. Now the winner, a married lady with two teenaged lads, had the great notion of putting Latics together with boutiques and came up with Latique and won first prize!!!! That lady was my late Granmother and it will always be the Latique to me :thumb08: