Singing in the Chaddy

I've not seen it mentioned yet (though I've not checked through all posts) but I thought the way the Chaddy got behind the team on Saturday was really good. I've often complained that from my position in the Main Stand I can't hear any singing coming out of the Chaddy even when it's been said to be "noisy". This was not the case on Saturday, I really could hear it and it was a surprise after the silence during the Rochdale game around the whole ground. Was it down to the drum I could hear? (I may have to change my opinions of bloody hating drums and bands at football matches if it was!)

The singing even spread to us Main Stand moaners on Saturday too! Let's keep it up!!

I've not seen it mentioned yet (though I've not checked through all posts) but I thought the way the Chaddy got behind the team on Saturday was really good. I've often complained that from my position in the Main Stand I can't hear any singing coming out of the Chaddy even when it's been said to be "noisy". This was not the case on Saturday, I really could hear it and it was a surprise after the silence during the Rochdale game around the whole ground. Was it down to the drum I could hear? (I may have to change my opinions of bloody hating drums and bands at football matches if it was!)

The singing even spread to us Main Stand moaners on Saturday too! Let's keep it up!!

It was briefly mentioned on another post. I was in the chaddy and was quite suprised that at one point most seemed to be joining in... Good effort!

Now if that had of been in the RRE it would have sounded twice as loud

There is a group in the Main Stand - top left as you look at it - who start the occasional chant. The Chaddy was loud in parts - we just need a decent home performance with a few goals to get the crowd going.

At away games the fans tend to be concentrated in a relatively small area and as such the singing can often be louder than at home.

I know it's some way ahead but I am looking forward to the game at Chesterfield January 2 :wink:

Those new houses behind the Chaddy End must have improved the acoustics. :wink: