Walsall Fan In Peace

Yeah I guess. Been some close games between our clubs. Last season at yours.. was a killer when we conceded so late on! At least we survived the drop.How's Ruben Reid doing? Looked useful when we had him on loan from WBA last season.

Reuben's our best player so far.

4 goals but all pens. I think the floodgates will open once he gets one from open play.

Yes noticed Ruben has knocked a few pens in! He was not fully fit when we had him but he still knocked in 6 goals in about 15 or so games. He seemed equally at home down the middle or wide left and cutting in. We have had striker Jon Macken out for the last few games. Although he's not too prolific he scores some good goals and holds the play up so well. Bescot is no longer a fortress for us and tbh I enjoy our away performances better these days.

I like it, Leeslover! Yes the Priory was there before Merse! Many Walsall fans rue the day he took over as player/manager. The football was entertaining if cavalier style! He did raise the prolfile of the club when he signed as a player. SKY Sports News filmd the signing live! That never happened before and will never happen again.

Edited by sadlad

Yes noticed Ruben has knocked a few pens in! He was not fully fit when we had him but he still knocked in 6 goals in about 15 or so games. He seemed equally at home down the middle or wide left and cutting in. We have had striker Jon Macken out for the last few games. Although he's not too prolific he scores some good goals and holds the play up so well. Bescot is no longer a fortress for us and tbh I enjoy our away performances better these days.

I think this season is the only season Reid has ever been fit

I'm going to the Bescot, I live in Stafford now just north of Walsall and it's the only 'local' away game. Nice club Walsall, a bit like us in that they are overshadowed by the nearby big boys and in reality never likely to compete at the top level (again like us sadly). Really good social facilities and I believe around 50% of their income comes from non gate receipts (social functions, sporting dinners and more), a good template and one which we can follow when our new stand and facilities eventually come to fruition.

Looking forward to it.

I'm going to the Bescot, I live in Stafford now just north of Walsall and it's the only 'local' away game. Nice club Walsall, a bit like us in that they are overshadowed by the nearby big boys and in reality never likely to compete at the top level (again like us sadly). Really good social facilities and I believe around 50% of their income comes from non gate receipts (social functions, sporting dinners and more), a good template and one which we can follow when our new stand and facilities eventually come to fruition.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers Stainrod. Think it was stated once that 85% of Saddlers income is now from off the pitch activity. The large advertisement in the fans away car park and the Sunday market are the two biggest earners but there are all sorts of money making ideas in place.As you rightly say, sporting dinners plus cabaret nights etc. We had no such stuff at the old place.

Enjoy your afternoon at the Bescot.

It seems I'm the only one that doesn't like trips to Walsall. The ground is in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive*, which makes it as entertaining as a home game, but further away. Just seems a bit like Northampton. Much prefer the Swindon/Brighton/Dagenham/Orients of this world.

Not Luton though, that's still the :censored:test place on earth.

*And even that's a nightmare getting out.

It seems I'm the only one that doesn't like trips to Walsall. The ground is in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive*, which makes it as entertaining as a home game, but further away. Just seems a bit like Northampton. Much prefer the Swindon/Brighton/Dagenham/Orients of this world.

Not Luton though, that's still the :censored:test place on earth.

*And even that's a nightmare getting out.

If i remember right the train station is right next to the ground isn't it?