Something In The Air

Is it me or is there something about this team Dickov's built that gives up us all hope.

Today we did something we are not reknown for and that's losing at half time and winning at full time, maybe the half time talks have changed :grin: and judging by the posts on twitter there seems to be a unity and bond within the squad which is obviously evident on the pitch.

Next week is a big test of this squads capabilities but the signs are looking good.

Is it too soon to think above our stations, but the way the results in our division have gone in the last 14 days who knows?

A point v Brentford would not be the end of the world tbh but confidence is high and if we want to push on to the next level its a game that we have to win

Very impressed so far 3 away wins in 4 is a great start but for me even more pleased that we came from behind in a game to win

I belive its CAT C next week? Maybe someone can confirm, surely cheaper tickets and confidence should look for 4,000 minimum hopefully they will bring a few on long journey

There seems ot be a confidence and sense of purpose that results like yesterday will only improve.

Nothing wrong with being positive about it (if you can't be positive now when can you?), certainly nothing wrong in enjoying a good run while it lasts, but let's not get carried away. We've been here before and we know how easy it is to slide into a seemingly unlikely relegation scrap.

Top half mid-table would be a significant achievement this season. Anything above that a real bonus.

There seems ot be a confidence and sense of purpose that results like yesterday will only improve.

Nothing wrong with being positive about it (if you can't be positive now when can you?), certainly nothing wrong in enjoying a good run while it lasts, but let's not get carried away. We've been here before and we know how easy it is to slide into a seemingly unlikely relegation scrap.

Top half mid-table would be a significant achievement this season. Anything above that a real bonus.

Agree - there are many good reasons to be positive given yesterday's performance and let's all enjoy the 'reasons to be cheerful' but...

whether it is seen as negative or realistic we need to temper that optimism with a degree of realism. A good display yesterday characterized by a real spirit and work rate from most on the pitch. We are on the right path and can be even better in the weeks ahead if we continue the progress seen recently.

Maybe Kuqi was the spark that we needed - he certainly is a big presence on the pitch.

I am just going to enjoy the moment - the journey home on Saturday was sweet. :wink:

Last week was brilliant, BUT, we simply can't win at home and we always seem to struggle against ten men.

Another very poor home result today.

Realistically mid table would be very good this season and with our good away form we should be safe.

The reason is simple the team is set up for away performances and haven't the ability to adapt.

The manager and his coaching staff have to take the blame for such an obvious tactical failure, especially after Stevenage, when playing square pegs in round holes clearly didn't work.

Last week was brilliant, BUT, we simply can't win at home and we always seem to struggle against ten men.

Another very poor home result today.

Realistically mid table would be very good this season and with our good away form we should be safe.

Is it though? I wasn't perfect obviously and we probably got things wrong tactically and in the final third. But I think the problem is that people expected us to turn Brentford over with ease today and I know to a lot of people I may sound a bit defeatist and "happy clappy" but Brentford have invested heavily in their squad over the summer, won 5 away games on the bounce and sitting at 6th in the table, so I knew it wasn't going to be easy and don't be surprised to see them finish in the top 6.