Home record 2011

As this year has progressed PD appears to have learnt little with regards playing at home.

We sit back and allow the other teams to come at us and we rely on hitting them on the break.

As a result we find there is a big gap between defensive midfield and the front two.

This just leads to us pumping up long balls that are invariably lost.

When are we going to start playing as a home team.

Push the back four up to halfway and allow the midfield to play in their half not ours.

Far too many teams leaving BP without breaking sweat when they should be leaving having worked extremely hard to get whatever they leave with.

BP is fast becomming most teams easiest away game and PD has to change tactics quickly otherwise we will end up lurching between mid division and relegation.

Our home record in the past year has probably been worse than most of the teams that were relegated last season.

The first few home games under PD were great , pressing teams back and creating chances galore.Now we just sit back and play the hopeful long ball.

Come on PD sort it quickly otherwise our season will be over before Xmas.

PS - Playing with 11 men by replacing Adeyemi would be a good move as well.

This guy isn't even a passenger !!!!!!!!

Like when we went unbeaten at home until January last year? And how Huddersfield one the top sides in this league still have yet to win at BP under Dickov, and very few teams have it as easy as you make out.

Yes read my post muppet ,

Upto Jan great - 2011 cr*p

Once again the midfield was set up to sit deep...we are playing at home for facks sake....we should be on the front foot not the back.£15 for that defensive :censored:e today, and they will now wonder why only 3700 odd turned up to watch !

Edited by ds200772

As this year has progressed PD appears to have learnt little with regards playing at home.

We sit back and allow the other teams to come at us and we rely on hitting them on the break.

As a result we find there is a big gap between defensive midfield and the front two.

Push the back four up to halfway and allow the midfield to play in their half not ours.

Far too many teams leaving BP without breaking sweat when they should be leaving having worked extremely hard to get whatever they leave with.

BP is fast becomming most teams easiest away game and PD has to change tactics quickly otherwise we will end up lurching between mid division and relegation.

Our home record in the past year has probably been worse than most of the teams that were relegated last season.

The first few home games under PD were great , pressing teams back and creating chances galore.Now we just sit back and play the hopeful long ball.

Why is it the Latics coaching staff can't see this ?

Yes read my post muppet ,

Upto Jan great - 2011 cr*p

The point is we still went until January without getting beat at home, and the point you made saying it is some teams' easiest away game of the season is moranic. The team are being forced deeper and deeper I agree, but how can you accuse him of being tatically naive at home when he has already shown he can get the team to play at BP? I'm guessing you're suggesting Dickov changed the tactics and is too stubborn to change it, it is more a case that the players are afraid to play at BP.

The point is we still went until January without getting beat at home, and the point you made saying it is some teams' easiest away game of the season is moranic. The team are being forced deeper and deeper I agree, but how can you accuse him of being tatically naive at home when he has already shown he can get the team to play at BP? I'm guessing you're suggesting Dickov changed the tactics and is too stubborn to change it, it is more a case that the players are afraid to play at BP.

That's precisely what i am saying , our tactics at home have changed since January -

WHY ???????

It's up to the manager and the coaching staff to correct it.

That's precisely what i am saying , our tactics at home have changed since January -

WHY ???????

It changed when they decided on 2 holding midfielders and are now stuck with it.

WHY ???????

Bottled it after the dickings v Southampton and Peterborough, started with a high tempo last season but playing a game that was compact, then we went gung-ho with Morais, Evina and White etc…came unstuck with the afore-mentioned batterings and we've been :censored:e at home since. 1 home win since February 1st says it all. We're crying out for a probing midfielder that can play that killer pass, lost count of the number of times Wes won the ball today, but his hard work was undone by it breaking free and we either hoofed or passed to a monkey sick yellow shirt. And to be honest I'm not convinced Furman getting fit will make any difference as he likes to hold too.

Bottled it after the dickings v Southampton and Peterborough, started with a high tempo last season but playing a game that was compact, then we went gung-ho with Morais, Evina and White etc…came unstuck with the afore-mentioned batterings and we've been :censored:e at home since. 1 home win since February 1st says it all. We're crying out for a probing midfielder that can play that killer pass, lost count of the number of times Wes won the ball today, but his hard work was undone by it breaking free and we either hoofed or passed to a monkey sick yellow shirt. And to be honest I'm not convinced Furman getting fit will make any difference as he likes to hold too.

It can work with Furmin playing more in their half instead of ours.

He proved at the start of last season that given the opportunity he can score goals.

I always get the feeling that when Latics go out with 2 wingers they are there to cover and protect the fullbacks ???

when we are at home the fullbacks should be there to overlap and help the wingers.

We appear more concerned in trying to stop goals at home by defending than trying to attack and score.

Agree whilst we got thumped against Saints and Posh we aren't going to met many teams like them and when we play the other mid division sides we should have a greater emphasis on attack.

One win in 15 at home is an absolute shambles and i am sure that a more adventurous attack minded team would win more than they lose.

It can work with Furmin playing more in their half instead of ours.

He proved at the start of last season that given the opportunity he can score goals.

I always get the feeling that when Latics go out with 2 wingers they are there to cover and protect the fullbacks ???

when we are at home the fullbacks should be there to overlap and help the wingers.

We appear more concerned in trying to stop goals at home by defending than trying to attack and score.

Agree whilst we got thumped against Saints and Posh we aren't going to met many teams like them and when we play the other mid division sides we should have a greater emphasis on attack.

One win in 15 at home is an absolute shambles and i am sure that a more adventurous attack minded team would win more than they lose.

Wasn't Dave Penney pilloried for that ?

I think one problem is our squad is not as good as last season. But I do agree. At the start of last season we really took the games to teams and passed it around well creating chances. That passion seems to have disappeared. Here's hoping Dickov can get that back.

An experienced midfielder with a bit of guile is desperately needed, a Jonathon Douglas type.

good post, spot on you could tell from the first 10mins we was playin to defensive,ffs we was playin brenford not some prem team and this seems to be the wee jocks tatics for a while at home,no wonder the crowds are staying at the hard core..