Latics v Leeds (the pink shirt match)

Seems the wife overwrote my latics stuff on sky plus with bloody soaps, while i was in Afghan!!!! :ranting: :ranting:

Sorry Lags

No worries Tony, that's women for ya!. I wonder if the recording is still on my old sky plus box stashed in the attic after replacing it with the HD version? or would all the recordings be lost now.

Seems the wife overwrote my latics stuff on sky plus with bloody soaps, while i was in Afghan!!!! :ranting: :ranting:

Sorry Lags

She figured you'd seen enough?

The one from the past I'd like to see is Andy Ritchie's goal from the sideline. I have visions of it being in a 2-0 win against Barnsley, but it is donkeys years ago. I think we need a youtube/goals you want to see thread so we can piece this together.

NB. Andy Ritchie's backheel, anyone...

Edited by OldhamSheridan

She figured you'd seen enough?

The one from the past I'd like to see is Andy Ritchie's goal from the sideline. I have visions of it being in a 2-0 win against Barnsley, but it is donkeys years ago. I think we need a youtube/goals you want to see thread so we can piece this together.

NB. Andy Ritchie's backheel, anyone...

Yep Barnsley, 2nd in a 2-0 win, Jan '91. The backheel? his 2nd and ours in a 4-1 win v Watford Nov '90

Is it a daft idea to wonder if we can get the old footage in a DVD of the glory years? The two years before promotion and the time up the top? Would it cost a fortune in royalties? Is the footage there in video format and trasferable? Would it make any money?

Those five years in video would be an awesome present for the 30+ year olds for xmas. In fact they'd be great for those that never saw any of what happened.

Is it a daft idea to wonder if we can get the old footage in a DVD of the glory years? The two years before promotion and the time up the top? Would it cost a fortune in royalties? Is the footage there in video format and trasferable? Would it make any money?

Those five years in video would be an awesome present for the 30+ year olds for xmas. In fact they'd be great for those that never saw any of what happened.

There was a lad on ebay who converted most of them to DVD - not sure if he posts on here, think he was called Pete

dscf2967yy.jpg

Top two rows all VHS

Bottom 3 rows all DVDS

From Top L-R

4-1 at Maine Road VHS

88/89 Season review, our goals only VHS

89-90 Review VHS

89-90 Review VHS

Championship Season Review VHS

Sheff Wed Extended Highlights VHS

Quarterly Magazine (Early 91/92) VHS

Golden Goals Collection (82-93) Mostly 91-92 Season VHS

Quarterly Magazine Christmas '91 VHS

Great Escape '92-93 VHS

93-94 Season Review VHS

94-95 Season Review VHS

98/99 Season Review VHS

100 up, 100 year Video VHS

Another Quarterly Magazine from 91/92 Think round Spring Time VHS

Extended Highlights of Latics 1 United 0 1993 VHS

1999/00 Season Review VHS

2000/01 Season Review VHS

2001/02 Goals Vid

2002/03 The Great Eight. eight straight wins 02/03 VHS

And I've got

Wigan 0 Latics 1 Full Game 2000 VHS

Latics 2 Port Vale 1 Full Game 2003 VHS

Burton 2 Latics 2 Full Game won on pens 2002 VHS

Cardiff 1 Latics 1 Full Game 2003 VHS

Brentford 2 Latics 2 Full Game won on pens 1998 VHS

Both Semi Finals 1990 VHS

Littlewoods Cup Final 1990

And various other :censored:e from the good old days

DVDs Third Row L-R - Mostly recorded from VHS, even some of the official club ones

Road to Wembley 1989-90 DVD

Ooh Roger Palmer! 1991? DVD

Championship DVD

Golden Goals DVD

First 13 games of 1991-92 extended highlights DVD

1994-95 Review DVD

1995-96 Review DVD

1997-98 Review DVD

Latics 1 City 0 Full Match 2005 (:censored:e Gordy and Jarvis commentry (sorry Gordy!!!!) DVD

Extended Highlights of Sheff Wed Champs Game 1991 DVD

Wizards v All Stars Bucket Shaking Match 2003 DVD

End of Season Awards 2004

Season Review 03/04 3 DVD Set

Latics 6 Grimsby 0 Full Game Celebration Sunday 2004 DVD

Latics 4 Orient 0 Full Game FAC 2004 DVD

Latics 5 Walsall 3 2004 DVD

Eyresey Benefit 2006 DVD

Classic Campaigns Box Set DVD Great Escape, Championship Season and 89/90

If the club wanted to convert them I'd be more than happy to loan them for a free copy of each?

Edited by oafcprozac

There was a lad on ebay who converted most of them to DVD - not sure if he posts on here, think he was called Pete

dscf2967yy.jpg

Top two rows all VHS

Bottom 3 rows all DVDS

I've got the Pinch me Season

Champs Season

Golden Goals (mostly 91/92 Season

All on DVD

I have got on VHS

Littlewoods Cup Final full 90 mintes

Semi-Finals Both full games

The full 4-1 at Maine Road

and every season review 88/89 to 95/96 then 97-98 - 01/02

If the club wanted to convert them I'd be more than happy to loan them for a free copy of each?

I also have extended highlights of the win over United and a very rare Roger Palmer DVD that has an extended interview with him

[

Converted all my VHS onto DVD - have over 100 discs to date. Only one I have had any trouble with is the Scarborough 7-0 game.

Edited by Museum de Latique

Converted all my VHS onto DVD - have over 100 discs to date. Only one I have had any trouble with is the Scarborough 7-0 game.

Have you got the rarer than Rocking Horse :censored: 96/97 Season? Missed most of that season through working and although I saw most of the goals on Sky would like to have a look again (even though we were relegated there were one or two highlights)

Edited by oafcprozac

Have you got the rarer than Rocking Horse :censored: 96/97 Season? Missed most of that season through working and although I saw most of the goals on Sky would like to have a look again (even though we were relegated there were one or two highlights)

I have some old TV video footage of matches not on youtube, but reluctant to put them on there as I would be concerned about copyright.

I have some old TV video footage of matches not on youtube, but reluctant to put them on there as I would be concerned about copyright.

Shouldn't be a problem as the club no longer has the footage, the copyright would have been held by ITV and Sky that year and the deal has changed hands three or four times since - get it posted man! :wink: There's a few games from that season already on there - Oxford H & A, Port Vale Away, and the firm that did the highlights between 96-2001 were fookin' amateurs with an absolute idiot on commentary that sounded camper than Alan Carr…nice one commercial dept…what a come down from the excellent VSI days.

I must say though Channel M Dude's DVDs were the best we've had in years, professional, vibrant and plenty of action - well done and I hope you're doing more this year!

Edited by oafcprozac

The last time Latics won at home on live TV.

Lost v Spurs and Bolton in 2004/05

Drew v Leeds 08/09

Lost v Leeds in 09/10 FAC

Drew with Trannies 10/11

Due a win then!!!

In comparison

04/05 Won at Thurrock

05/06 Drew at Chasetown, Lost at Brentford

06/07 Won at King's Lynn

08/09 Drew at Leicester

Missed any?