knob ends stormtroopers

They have to be the worst set of stewards I have ever come across,and wtf does search and response mean?.Stood with a mate have in a beer Latics get their first,we look at each other ah well we missed it,Latics get their second he goes up the steps and gets thrown out for blocking the gangway.

They spent all game looking for any excuse to eject people.Do these idiots think their job is just to antagonize people?.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Game was 4-1 win over Villa 15th Oct.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1462090_manchester-city-launch-probe-into-stewards-fracas-with-60-year-old-fan-at-etihad-stadium

I think the fella who's picture is at the frozen screen of the youtube video gets a smack just after the incident..

Edited by Scratch2000uk

What goes on in these stewards heads? The City video is a clear example that the way football fans are 'guarded' by these yobs needs to change. We've got some of the worst in England but not the worst (Leeds probably tops the list). Why can't there be a relaxed stewarding policy like Tranmere, where for the past 10 years i've been there, they've been nothing but great considering the numbers we take there.

I didn't go downstairs (There for saw the goals... :grin: ) but I can imagine what they'd be like. However, I did exactly the same at Orient - missed the goal so naturally ran up the steps with a beer to see the celebrations, Orients' stewards handled it great - no fuss just moved us back down and life carried on.

Roll on Carlisle - They hire bouncers to be stewards... :petesake:

What goes on in these stewards heads? The City video is a clear example that the way football fans are 'guarded' by these yobs needs to change. We've got some of the worst in England but not the worst (Leeds probably tops the list). Why can't there be a relaxed stewarding policy like Tranmere, where for the past 10 years i've been there, they've been nothing but great considering the numbers we take there.

I didn't go downstairs (There for saw the goals... :grin: ) but I can imagine what they'd be like. However, I did exactly the same at Orient - missed the goal so naturally ran up the steps with a beer to see the celebrations, Orients' stewards handled it great - no fuss just moved us back down and life carried on.

Roll on Carlisle - They hire bouncers to be stewards... :petesake:

Do they?

The Stewards at Carlisle were mildy Bell Endish last Season, kept telling us to sit down, but I didn't see much fuss with them.

However, after Preston, I think we could take a good few upto Carlisle and make some noise, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to say the least...

Do they?

The Stewards at Carlisle were mildy Bell Endish last Season, kept telling us to sit down, but I didn't see much fuss with them.

However, after Preston, I think we could take a good few upto Carlisle and make some noise, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to say the least...

Most annoying thing about stewards, telling you to sit down but suppose it is the rule in football in most grounds. Just wish the one's at BP who tell home fans to sit down in RRE tell the away fans to sit down aswell

Most annoying thing about stewards, telling you to sit down but suppose it is the rule in football in most grounds. Just wish the one's at BP who tell home fans to sit down in RRE tell the away fans to sit down aswell

I'm all for Safe standing. I've seen Rugby fans stand legally in football stadiums, Music fans stand at Concerts in all seater grounds, so why is it that when Football fans stand, it's a huge safety concern? It's because of the 'Robocop' type police officers and Jobsworth Stewards and poncy Health and Safety laws.

You try and tell people this and get "Oh, but Hillsborough" etc...

Stewards in general should be nice and calm. There's a few clubs which have decent Stewards who usually engage in Banter with the supporters and act freindly. But then you get the Complete Jobsworth tossers, Hudds is a good example, they have a 'Stand Health and Safety Officer' :blink:

Edited by SholverBlue