Latics two new signings from City

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be at the Bury game tomorrow (fecking wedding so will sit there with a face on all-day, checking live text on my phone) and would have been looking forward to seeing this Scapuzzi chap based on what some City fans saw in him against Wolves However, whilst I'm normally optimistic, I have the niggling doubt that - unless I'm mistaken - he still hasn't scored including in 22 appearances in Italy's third tier.

Yes, yes - it was a bit harsh to take a goal v Wolves away from him and to play for AC Milan at any level you would need to be able to do more than dribbling round a few cones but I think I'd be expecting him to be very raw. As long as he doesn't hide and take to L1 with some enthusiasm then I'm sure it'll all be mutually beneficial but I'm not sure we've snared the next Toto Schillaci for a few weeks.

I won't be at the Bury game tomorrow (fecking wedding so will sit there with a face on all-day, checking live text on my phone) and would have been looking forward to seeing this Scapuzzi chap based on what some City fans saw in him against Wolves However, whilst I'm normally optimistic, I have the niggling doubt that - unless I'm mistaken - he still hasn't scored including in 22 appearances in Italy's third tier.

Yes, yes - it was a bit harsh to take a goal v Wolves away from him and to play for AC Milan at any level you would need to be able to do more than dribbling round a few cones but I think I'd be expecting him to be very raw. As long as he doesn't hide and take to L1 with some enthusiasm then I'm sure it'll all be mutually beneficial but I'm not sure we've snared the next Toto Schillaci for a few weeks.

Ha! What a Leg-end!!

Salvatore-Schillaci-Argentina-Italy-World-Cup_2383380.jpg[

Edited by Stevie_J
Fixed quote

They did get promotion (Portgruaro)to Serie B, so perhaps he got lots of assists and goals that were taken off him and attributed as own goals.

Impressed with the signings.

Just a word of caution about Scapuzzi.

Remember the excitement of some on here about Matt Smith based on a couple of video clips?

first this week we had Smith & Kuqi being too similar

now Scapuzzi ripping Wolves apart live on Sky is akin to Smith banging them in against milkmen and window cleaners on YouTube :o

Impressed with the signings.

Just a word of caution about Scapuzzi.

Remember the excitement of some on here about Matt Smith based on a couple of video clips?

Dont talk like a t**t. Can all the negative people on here give new players a chance before you put a dampener on things??? FFS!

Dont talk like a t**t. Can all the negative people on here give new players a chance before you put a dampener on things??? FFS!

Actually that was exactly what I was doing !

Giving him a chance to settle before he's shot down by those who have sky high expectations !! Doh.