Latics two new signings from City

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could struggle with the language barrier , Scapuzzi doesnt speak a word of English - neither does Gerry Taggart

Scapuzzi has a hand in Dzekos goal at 3-1 30 seconds in

Scapuzzi goal 40 seconds

Scapuzzi assist 48 seconds

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Wolves-v-City-Carling-Cup-60s-highlights-Oct-2011

Mancinis son is a tit apparantly and refused to play in a reserve game a few months ago , sound familiar ?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3847715/Roberto-Mancinis-son-did-a-Carlos-Tevez.html

my city mates tell me the mancini jr that refused to play the other week is a different one, not the one we just signed.

& scapuzzi looks a real prospect...

There's more afoot in terms of movement out i'm sure of it, the official site mentions more news stories to follow….

I think that was referring to the later stories with Dickov's reaction and more info about the new lads rather than shipping anyone out.

But far be it from me to try and stop the rumour mill.

Could be a pair of good signings, we've got 4 games in 2 weeks soon, I can see Dickov resting Kuqi for 1 of those with the JPT game being the most likely. It could also be that we are looking to get them in on loan in preparation to a more long-term loan in January, sort of like Evina last year. If Scapuzzi is playing in the league cup then maybe Mancini wants Scapuzzi to get some more league experience and we are as good a candidate as any

will they be allowed to play in the FA Cup? if scapuzzi played at wolves in the league cup then the might be played in the FA Cup too.

striker is a fair position to need cover, kuqi is playing well but looks tired and simpson is good, but might go back to hudds now with these two in which is a shame because he's a solid player.

not sure about midfield, adeyemi's doing a decent job with furman and there's wes, morais, taylor, simpson etc. but if mancini's good enough and avaliable, he'll play.

hopefully the squad will become more competetive and we'll have more options from the bench.

an attack of kuqi, taylor, morais, mancini and scapuzzi doesnt sound bad either!

My step-dads a big city fan, reckons that Scapuzzi is class and cant believe he's signed for us, says he was a prospect at AC but they got rid due to injuries . I saw him against Wolves on sky and thought some of his movement in and around the box was top class! He doesnt know much about Mancini.

Now if dickov can use his contacts for Denis Suarez (aka david silva jnr.) we might just have cracked it lol!

When the ball hits the goal its not Shearer or Cole

ITS SCAPUZZI !

Mancini, Whoa whoa a whoa

Mancini, Whoa whoa a whoa

He comes from Italy…..

….and chances are he'll turn out to be a disappointment, go missing in games and flatter to decieve.

I think it flows nicely as a terrance song, but I do admit that the last line of the verse may need a tweak. :wink:

not sure about midfield, adeyemi's doing a decent job with furman and there's wes, morais, taylor, simpson etc. but if mancini's good enough and avaliable, he'll play.

Maybe it was a "you want Scurozi (starting the inevitable misspelling of his name), you take Mancini and beat some sense in to him!"

will they be allowed to play in the FA Cup? if scapuzzi played at wolves in the league cup then the might be played in the FA Cup too.

striker is a fair position to need cover, kuqi is playing well but looks tired and simpson is good, but might go back to hudds now with these two in which is a shame because he's a solid player.

hopefully the squad will become more competetive and we'll have more options from the bench.

an attack of kuqi, taylor, morais, mancini and scapuzzi doesnt sound bad either!

Not having a pop; well - maybe a little one, but

What makes you think he'll play? Have you seen him play and can vouch that he is better than who we have currently?

They've added to the squad numbers certainly; but whether he (Mancini) going to automatic starter or not is surely going to have to waited for & seen no?*

I presume that Scapuzzi is going into the match day squad for Sat as a striker option....

Edited by slystallone

Do you think we are paying any of the wages? Or have City done us a massive favour?

Look at like this, they will want to get them out playing 1st team competitive football for their own good and if its local they can keep an eye on them. So we are also doing them a big favour in aiding their development, the few quid they have to pay in wages will probably outweigh the benefits we are giving them in providing 1st team football it works both ways.

Not having a pop; well - maybe a little one, but

What makes you think he'll play? Have you seen him play and can vouch that he is better than who we have currently?

They've added to the squad numbers certainly; but whether he (Mancini) going to automatic starter or not is surely going to have to waited for & seen no?*

I presume that Scapuzzi is going into the match day squad for Sat as a striker option....

He said if he's good enough... he'll play.

Look at like this, they will want to get them out playing 1st team competitive football for their own good and if its local they can keep an eye on them. So we are also doing them a big favour in aiding their development, the few quid they have to pay in wages will probably outweigh the benefits we are giving them in providing 1st team football it works both ways.

I think we are similar in the way to City play at the moment. Apart from we score a few less and concede a few more. :grin: