Latics v Chesterfield

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best Latics goal v Chesterfield?

• Kieran Lee's 30 yarder after he showed the desire to get the ball first
    • Robbie Simpson's left footer after good work from Scappuzzi and Black
    • Robbie Simpson's free kick
    • Robbie Simpson's "where did the keeper go?" moment
    • Shefki Kuqi's header after the movement in the box created space

Lee's for me, all day long. Great anticipation to intercept the pass, a few nice touches to carry it forward and then an absolute arrow into the bottom corner.

If that had been in the top bin we'd be expecting the Football League Goal of the Season award to return to BP. As it goes, the finish into the bottom corner doesn't look as spectacular, despite arguably requiring better technique to pull off.

Lee's for me, all day long. Great anticipation to intercept the pass, a few nice touches to carry it forward and then an absolute arrow into the bottom corner.

If that had been in the top bin we'd be expecting the Football League Goal of the Season award to return to BP. As it goes, the finish into the bottom corner doesn't look as spectacular, despite arguably requiring better technique to pull off.

S'aright. he just voted for himself!

Edited by singe

Kieran Lee's was the best goal (you know it's going to be a good day when your right-back does that 3 minutes in), but i enjoyed the 4th more. Simpson really deserved a hat-trick and, as much as the keeper bottled it, he still wouldn't have scored if he hadn't be so determined to get to the ball first.

e2a: nice poll btw. i can't remember us having one of these before.

Edited by rosa

Didn't realise how bad the fourth goal was until I saw it again, I went home thinking their 'keeper wasn't great but couldn't really have helped the goals. Oh my days I couldn't be more wrong about the fourth one, he jumped out of the way of the ball. Robbie Simpson's free kick won the vote for me, it was just a special goal. Lee's kind of summed him up though, his reading of the game is next to none at this level, and has one the best daisy cutters in League 1. Although if Kuqi asks I'd recommend saying you voted for his, those bottles will never be the same again and I wouldn't like to join 'em.

I think a very pleasing thing about yesterday was that all 5 goal were very different, I'm sure any opposition scout for future matches watching would have had to write a lot of notes in trying to work out how to stop us

Well two ways would be not be give us the ball in a dangerous area! Another way is not to give us an attacking free-kick.