This is England '88

pukka

and even though its a quality tune "What difference does it make" by the smiths... what year was that? 83 maybe? Surely when you are doing a montage of events of 88, you also use a song from 1988?

Edited by pukka

It was done like a news reel of major events as if to say "its 1988".

If the lyrics of a beatles song would have fitted from 1968 - would he have used that? Or an arcade fire song from 2007?

I think it does, but I'm a sad pedant.

It was done like a news reel of major events as if to say "its 1988".

If the lyrics of a beatles song would have fitted from 1968 - would he have used that? Or an arcade fire song from 2007?

I think it does, but I'm a sad pedant.

That's not the next line!!!

"But now you have gone " is the next line!

I thought that whilst the year is '88 the music doesn't have to be relevant to that year, it was rather setting the scene that they cast were now "indie kids" having moved on from the skinheads of the film. Smell looked like a cure fan, can't remember the blokes name but the fat one who was going on about trouble with his balls was rocking a great 80s look, big tie, tramlines and flat top.

I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, Woody is hilarious, his desperate attempts to cling on to his youth whilst sliding in to responsible adulthood have been enjoyable if a little close to home. The big :censored:, just work banter, that's all, sorry, that's too far...

Even though I'm into the smiths Other than the opening verse - I can't say I knew the words be honest.

Whoosh!

Lol again steals it IMO, great charachter and the actress is quality, never seen her in owt else either.

Joe Gilgun is in my mates short film. Top bloke too by all accounts

Edited by pukka

Now there's a sentence that has no bad news in it!

I didn't know that he was doing that.

I've really enjoyed '88. Last night's was very good, intense, both Lol's bit and Woody's bit. The first scene in the hospital was pretty powerful and Woody meeting up with the gang on the street was special telly. How can others churn out such dross when it would appear to be so easy to actually make something worthwhile watching?

The final scene with Woody and Lol talking is in my opinion how the story should end.

A very fitting end

Nah, I need more! How are Woody and Lol going to cope bringing up a child that clearly isn't one of theirs? Will Shaun become a college person? Will Gadget's balls recover?

I need to know the answer to these and many more questions...

Nah, I need more! How are Woody and Lol going to cope bringing up a child that clearly isn't one of theirs? Will Shaun become a college person? Will Gadget's balls recover?

I need to know the answer to these and many more questions...

Next time I see Shane, I'll ask him and PM you, so I don't get accused of self up-boating. B)

The final scene with Woody and Lol talking is in my opinion how the story should end.

A very fitting end

I dont agree,

I think it should have ended with the scene of Lol after her overdose in bed... Would have really left it open to see whether or not she survived or not

Enjoyed it overall but thought the 86's were better