Fabulous first thirty minutes

Needed to keep our lead until half time but their 1st goal looked like it hit Bellamy to me,don't think he knew anything about it.Was sat right in front of pen incident,was a pen but would the ref have given it to us at Kop end.Little things like that make a big difference when youre the underdog.Loved us going 1 up at Kop end,wish I could have bottled that feeling.My old man told me to take a picture of the scoreboard,by the time I found my phone it was level!!Proud to have been and prouder to be a Latics fan tonight.

Was shocked at our line up, lee at LB and Adeyemi at RB? Alright Bellamy has pace, but so does Black, alot more than Lee.

Kuqi, drop him next game, let Smith start again. Kuqi gave us nothing tonight, missed what looked like what should of been a goal from were i was sat and the reaction from some of the players when he missed. Gave ball away alot, won hardly anything in the air and couldn't control it. Very poor, Smith was alot more effective and we might of got one back when it was 3-1 if Kuqi hadn't got in the way of Smith's pass to Taylor.

Team overall was good performance, lots of energy, but felt we stood of them to much at time's. Great effort though and kept on attacking until full time.

Also from where i was sat, was never a penalty, you see them challenges alot and nothing is given. Ref seemed to take a while to point to spot and refused to go across to assisant despite the requests from oldham players to. However, we could of had the game virtually sealed within the opening half hour, could of been 4 or 5 up (including Simpson's goal!).

Agree with you on Smith,I went to Chesterfield where he started and he looks like he could be a player with some games,also Kuqi looked knackered after 50 mins,think Simpson felt his hamstring second half or Smith would have replaced Kuqi.

The moment we scored and the two minutes of having the lead made the whole thing worth it for me, you live for those moments as a football fan and they mean a lot to us who don't get to see many of them. Totally agree that the score means nothing, very proud of our team tonight. Lets get to Wembley!

So proud of the lads - screamer from Simpson, penalty never should have been given (and I'm really not one to criticise referees' decisions, being one myself), just got a little tired towards the end I thought - there's no way they'd have had the freedom to score the 4th and 5th if it had been in the 1st half.

Those 60 seconds we were leading were probably my best as a Latics fan, having missed the Royle era (and not being at Everton :P )!

Great stuff, now let's concentrate on getting to Wembley!!

Edit - Agree that Kuqi needs a rest. Looked very much like a 45 minute player today - perhaps best utilised as a super sub for a few weeks? There's no doubt he's got the quality, it's just the legs that are the problem.

Edited by JoeLatics

The daily mirror ( despite an otherwise fair match report which praises us ) are claiming bellamy stooped to head home the equaliser???

Sterling effort from our boys......i want more days like these :applause1:

I thought it was stuffy when I saw it live.

I thought he meant it when I saw hte TV coverage.

I know he didn't from the way he celebrated.

Stuffy game changing moment.

What a player though. In an annoying kinda way.

I thought it was stuffy when I saw it live.

I thought he meant it when I saw hte TV coverage.

I know he didn't from the way he celebrated.

Stuffy game changing moment.

What a player though. In an annoying kinda way.

I must admit i've not seen it on tv yet, i thought it went in off his backside.

Pace to burn and tormented us most of the night.

Reminded me of the Wembley final, when loads of Forest fans afterwards said we should have won and were surprised at how well we played. No disgrace in that performance and load of my scouse mates impressed by how well we played, not the usual piss take. Impressed with Taylor & Simpson having to force officials to let them give their tops to the crowd, if that had been me I'd have been straight over to Gerrard to swap! Shows they were there for the fans not just the occasion. Proud to support the team last night let's kick on a get to Wembley.

On a different day, bellamy would have deflected the ball harmlessly wide, and the foul for the penalty wouldn't have been given and we'd have gone in at half time a goal up and anything could have happened.. Sat on the fourth row right near the goal and it was technically a penalty, but it was harsh, and those sort of challenges aren't always given.

Atmosphere was amazing, and just being in Anfield opposite the Kop with world class players being given a really good game was great. Gerrard ran the game, Bellamy never stopped running, Kuyt and Reina are world cup finalists and winners, Downing and Carroll England internationals so when you compare that to Matt Smith we did a pretty good job

Hope the players take that experience and use it to get to Wembley. I really want to have that experience again

I'm stunned by the amount of folk claiming the penalty shouldn't have been given. It was as blatant as you'll ever see.

If you think that one was blatant then i dont know what you would call the Robbie simpson one at Chesterfield

There is no way it was a pen(from where i was stood),when the ball was played forward the liverpoo players was still in an offside position.But will warch the game again tomorrow on lfctv to check ;)

Unfortunately for us, once we scored we 'awoke' the beast!

Competed fantastically throughout - the subs for me though tell the story of the gulf. We bring on Matt Smith, a signing from non-league Solihull and they bring on £50+ million pounds Carroll and Downing.....That's a heck of a gulf. Yet if you'd have taken Bellamy and Gerrard out of that side last night, we'd have been closer.

Bellamy, Shelvy and Gerrard were the difference last night. Take Bellamys speed out of the game and we might have been even closer.

At the time i thought Maxi was already going to ground before any contact was made but id have to see it again really - looked a bit soft to me

The thing that struck me last night was how quickly and how well we settled. In games like that teams from lower divisions tend to over elaborate and try too hard in the first ten or twenty minutes, but we actually settled quicker than Liverpool. I think this is a credit to the way we play, and also for a league one club how technically gifted some of our players are. It's a shame we burned out after 70 minutes and their class shone through, but there's more than enough positives to take from that performance.