We should have gone for it from the start.

Don't forget when playing top sides, we should roll over and have our bellies tickled for 90 minutes. Common theme among the top lot. I'd have expected Charlton like comments had we got a 0-0.

There's always next season.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of teams trying to play that 'hardwork' stuff you were very average in fact! The best at that crap are Stevenage, by a country mile! That's all! So I'll 'jog on', 'piss off to sheep land' or do what ever you like but that's my honest view. :grin:

Please go and have some private time with a sheep.. We beat you last season a lot more easier than you beat us today and you didn't see us going on your message board and rub it in

Of teams trying to play that 'hardwork' stuff you were very average in fact!

So why the feck did you lot make such hard work of it then?

You're used to it. There are better teams at it. Yet it took you 86 minutes to do something interesting.

Is that the first time Alan Lee's ever stayed on his feet for more than 3 seconds?

Okay I'll admit we're :censored:e! In a :censored:e League but I can live with that, cos we're 3rd and you are errrrrm,...where are you now?...oh yeah...6fooooking teeeenth! :grin:

But we haven't got a pot to piss in!.......You're being bankrolled and still can't get out of this poxy league :wink:

Haha as if a sheep shagger is trying to insult us. Look at what we have and what we have had for a number of years and look at the position you have been in!!! You have been far more fortunate than us, and most others in this league.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but your still in this 'rubbish' league with all the 'rubbish' clubs after all them ££££'s you have spent.

If Oldham had that money I'm sure it would of been put to better use. Your still 'FIGHTING' for promotion even though you have had all this £££.

Your a cock and your clubs full of cocks and if you do go up, then at least I don't have to visit the Gayfarm to watch a load of million dollar faggots roll around and cry for a foul.

Good luck for the rest of the season.......scratch that, I hope you go bust and everything goes tits up.

But we haven't got a pot to piss in!.......You're being bankrolled and still can't get out of this poxy league :wink:

AND STILL ONLY THIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Despite your 43 game unbeaten run (apart from the 27 cup defeats and LEAGUE Play Off Final Defeat)

43 game run was made up 42 0-0 draws and a 1-0 win (winner was an og)

See you next season! :ass3:

Edited by oafcprozac

Haha as if a sheep shagger is trying to insult us. Look at what we have and what we have had for a number of years and look at the position you have been in!!! You have been far more fortunate than us, and most others in this league.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but your still in this 'rubbish' league with all the 'rubbish' clubs after all them ££££'s you have spent.

If Oldham had that money I'm sure it would of been put to better use. Your still 'FIGHTING' for promotion even though you have had all this £££.

Your a cock and your clubs full of cocks and if you do go up, then at least I don't have to visit the Gayfarm to watch a load of million dollar faggots roll around and cry for a foul.

Good luck for the rest of the season.......scratch that, I hope you go bust and everything goes tits up.

To be honest it was our players who were rolling around most of the time, bit embarrasing to be honest.

However that Lee is a waste of space. If Hudds Town have to have him up front it's no wonder the sheep shaggers are struggling.

To be honest it was our players who were rolling around most of the time, bit embarrasing to be honest.

However that Lee is a waste of space. If Hudds Town have to have him up front it's no wonder the sheep shaggers are struggling.

over the years, they win this debate hands down!!!!

who was rolling around and embarrasing you i must have missed that?

Any time one of our players went down they'd had a wallop.

I don't think any of the stoppages were play-acting of any sort.

The ref did stop the game for a head injury when they had a half volley teed up 25 yards out. I'd have been well annoyed if it had been the other way round but nobody was taking the piss - it was a real situation and the ref did the right thing.

The Guardian don't like us either.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/14/huddersfield-jordan-rhodes?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

We're "spoiling" and "suspiciously fragile". Tossers.

Edited by opinions4u

Okay I'll admit we're :censored:e! In a :censored:e League but I can live with that, cos we're 3rd and you are errrrrm,...where are you now?...oh yeah...6fooooking teeeenth! :grin:

If we're going to carry on making stupid comparisons about this godforsaken league (of which Huddersfield have played a starring role over the years - let's be honest), can we compare our respective clubs' bank balances too? We are undoubtedly skint and good value for our league position, are Huddersfield good value for theirs?

No shots on target in 90 minutes ???

Dear oh dear , good job we are not in the entertainment game.

I thought we would look one dimensional without Simpson & we do.

Got out of jail against Notts County , hopeless against Hartlepool & then today.

The cup game was different, a massive adrenaline boost for the players & supporters alike.

The lack of any forward changes before we went behind is very disappointing to say the least.

That single statistic sums it up for me

We were poor yesterday starting out to protect the point we started with and ultimately paying the penalty.

There was so much about yesterdays performance that was so wrong:

The long throw tactic - use it sparingly not every time for chrissake!

Scapuzzi staying on the pitch all game

Playing Taylor wide when the game was crying out for his skills through the middle

Parker concentrating too hard on the defensive side of his game to the detriment of any attacking approach

First touch of many of the team - poor to say the last - how hard is it to trap the ball?

This impacted the quick passing game which only rarely worked - why not hold the ball up occasionally?

Defended well but too many defensive headers went straight to the opposition

Lumping the ball high in the air when Smith came on - he failed to win most of them

and finally the defensive tactics - I do not like them , they inevitably do not work and it makes for a boring game. There were 1900 1579 from Oldham there yesterday and the team and more importantly the manager let us down.

Not happy. :ranting:

Edited by TheBigDog

1579 - so spot on...unless you took a sneak peek at the 'Udders fishul? <_<

Fraid not. I'd have gone for a smug 1,579 if I had :grin: .

I'd suggested 1,500 pre-match, but adjusted downwards to 1,000 at 2.50pm when the ground as a whole looked empty.

Filled up rapidly after that, but it just felt somewhere marginally above 1,500.

Edited by opinions4u

That single statistic sums it up for me

We were poor yesterday starting out to protect the point we started with and ultimately paying the penalty.

There was so much about yesterdays performance that was so wrong:

The long throw tactic - use it sparingly not every time for chrissake!

Scapuzzi staying on the pitch all game

Playing Taylor wide when the game was crying out for his skills through the middle

Parker concentrating too hard on the defensive side of his game to the detriment of any attacking approach

First touch of many of the team - poor to say the last - how hard is it to trap the ball?

This impacted the quick passing game which only rarely worked - why not hold the ball up occasionally?

Defended well but too many defensive headers went straight to the opposition

Lumping the ball high in the air when Smith came on - he failed to win most of them

and finally the defensive tactics - I do not like them , they inevitably do not work and it makes for a boring game. There were 1900 1579 from Oldham there yesterday and the team and more importantly the manager let us down.

Not happy. :ranting:

scapuzzi was one of the better players yesterday,trying to take on there players switching from side to side and trying to create something,and broke up there play well....so doesnt he deserve a full game???

first touch was awful yes....so was kuqi's shooting.....taylor playing wide???? last time i looked he was a winger,isnt he supposed to play out wide....

we played the quick pass game 3 or 4 times but there was no outlet in the end....pumping the ball upfield when smith came on..what for the whole 4 mins????

the ball was in the air most of the game for some reason....head tennis and constant miscued clearances...

we set out for a draw had a plan to stop rhodes and it worked well until lee came on.....

scapuzzi was one of the better players yesterday,trying to take on there players switching from side to side and trying to create something,and broke up there play well....so doesnt he deserve a full game???

first touch was awful yes....so was kuqi's shooting.....taylor playing wide???? last time i looked he was a winger,isnt he supposed to play out wide....

we played the quick pass game 3 or 4 times but there was no outlet in the end....pumping the ball upfield when smith came on..what for the whole 4 mins????

the ball was in the air most of the game for some reason....head tennis and constant miscued clearances...

we set out for a draw had a plan to stop rhodes and it worked well until lee came on.....

Opinions I suppose - for me Scapuzzi was one (of many) poor performances going forward - the woeful ball from him to Kuqi just before Huddersfield broke away to score summed up his performance. It was also obvious (to me at least) that Taylor was dangerous every time he got the ball and that the Huddersfield centre backs were clumsy and slow - just crying out for CT to switch into the middle and run at them.

The real beef I have with the performance is encapsulated in your final sentence: 'we set out for a draw had a plan to stop rhodes and it worked well until lee came on.....'

The negative approach from Dickov is not what I want to see - it completely stifles the creativity and the confidence of the team. Not a single shot on target in 90 minutes (and the few off target were WAY off target!)

Not what I want to see at all.

Opinions I suppose - for me Scapuzzi was one (of many) poor performances going forward - the woeful ball from him to Kuqi just before Huddersfield broke away to score summed up his performance. It was also obvious (to me at least) that Taylor was dangerous every time he got the ball and that the Huddersfield centre backs were clumsy and slow - just crying out for CT to switch into the middle and run at them.

The real beef I have with the performance is encapsulated in your final sentence: 'we set out for a draw had a plan to stop rhodes and it worked well until lee came on.....'

The negative approach from Dickov is not what I want to see - it completely stifles the creativity and the confidence of the team. Not a single shot on target in 90 minutes (and the few off target were WAY off target!)

Not what I want to see at all.

its not what anybody wants to see...if indeed and it seems so that was dickovs plan,then i wouldnt of started with kuqi....he knackered and out of form,let the big lad have a go again like at chesterfield...

plus dickovs comment of if it isnt broke why fix it....was inevitable the more the game went on the more likely they was to score,because they brought on players that could make a difference.....we dont have them.... moraise should of come on for parker after 60 mins,smith for kuqi after 70 mins.....just for fresh legs and different ideas,dont wait until we go behind and panic for 5 mins..

I do think that some changes should have been made earlier yesterday but only for fresh legs. Not sure that I'd have thown Morais on at 0-0 though. Parker had a relatively poor match but I worry that Morais can lose posession too easily and, at a time when we should have been looking to keep it solid - especially as their substitutions had illustrated that they felt the need to chase the game, I'd have gone another route.

Something that I was pleased with yesterday was the vocal love for Adeyemi both before and after the match. I'd imagine that the young lad has had quite a depressing week and to show a bit of support was classy.

Between minute 45 and minute 85 we looked the more likely team to win.

So I can see exactly why Dickov didn't want to change things.

Perhaps we should have been more adventurous, especially down Parker's side of the pitch where, frankly, they were :censored:e, but we were also providing support for a guy playing right back who doesn't usually player there.

Highlight of the game? The Huddersfield fans winning the ":censored: chant" competition with their rendition of "Jordan Rhodes is not for sale".

Edited by opinions4u

Any time one of our players went down they'd had a wallop.

I don't think any of the stoppages were play-acting of any sort.

The ref did stop the game for a head injury when they had a half volley teed up 25 yards out. I'd have been well annoyed if it had been the other way round but nobody was taking the piss - it was a real situation and the ref did the right thing.

The Guardian don't like us either.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/14/huddersfield-jordan-rhodes?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

We're "spoiling" and "suspiciously fragile". Tossers.

They're just gutted we kept him out - the whole article oozes with it.

They're just gutted we kept him out - the whole article oozes with it.

Yeah, spot on. The only time the Guardian make any attempt to cover lower league football is when they think it might gain them brownie points with a future Premiership player. To be honest i wouldn't be all that happy with that article if i was a Huddersfield fan, it makes them sound like a one-man team and glosses over the fact that Rhodes didn't really have much to do with the only goal of the game.